2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3

You've got the BBL version, Built By Lawyers !
  2. DiasDePlaya

DiasDePlaya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No! I really enjoyed this video and the others from the same rider. I use to ride the same way!
  3. Tiggersteve

Tiggersteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    KTM would have a big smile on their face if they saw it,
    You wouldn't see a Gay S being ridden like that,
    While I agree his road craft leaves something to be desired it looks q right hoot to ride, if this weather ever picks up

Sent from my Sony Ericsson arc s using Tapatalk 2
  4. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I may respectfully disagree. KTM would never approve of this because it basically stamps all riders as hooligans, think about it for a second. Totally puts me off because even such idiots get basic healthcare, most likely public healthcare when they get in an accident, just saying.
  5. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon

Errr... Them boyz in Mattighofen publish hooligan guides, when appropriate:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X-hSR5ZbuLQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. mousitsas

mousitsas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, not that a respectful disagreement after all, eh? :rofl

Fortunately not everybody is thinking along these lines, otherwise the time where people who ride bikes will be considered collectively as 'idiots' (and banned from healthcare) by the people who make laws and drive cars, will be here soon.

Go on, its fun. What about the global economy? :clap
  7. Tiggersteve

Oddometer:
    May I respectfully disagree also :-D
    Have you seen their own Ad for the forthcoming 1290 duke if that doesn't promote hooliganism ;-)

8. DavidD

DavidD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Am I on a KTM thread here?!? Or have some wierdy beardy BMW riders ventured from their Latte's and Starbucks to troll?!?

KTM's motto is "Ready to Race", their latest offering for this year (which is an official KTM video) is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h1e9oulMd8 Though I have heard it won't be sold in Canada because they view it as too dangerous :rofl

What with that and their 12 in a row Dakar victories, I think KTM want to bring out the inner hooligan in every rider. This is a Company that had to stop their annual track bike race between their R&D and Marketing Departments because so many ended up in hospital and was affecting their work!!

You'll be suggesting next that we should all wear flourescent jackets and helmets and have a man walking in front of us with two red flags........................Jeeze, its a motorbike!!

Sure, he was a bit spirited and pushed it more than a few would, but that's down to him, the road conditions etc. You can't tell everything from a narrow angle lens, so just get over it and move on.

Anyway, rant over, let's steer clear of a safety and healthcare debate and get back to the subject in hand - the new 1190, what its like to ride, when are we getting it and will KTM ever build a lightweight adventure bike........................No, scratch that last one, let's not open that debate again :D
  9. Tiggersteve

Oddometer:
    Its all about the image and perception,
    Look at the Charlie Ewan round the world thing, all about image. Very few will see mire than a grassy campsite :-)

10. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    You guys live in your own world.
    I simply don't agree putting other peoples well being at risk.
    Just fine doing that kind of stuff on closed roads but on public roads? It's plain stupid and I call it what it is, totally not connected to the kind of bike someone is riding, I know it happens all the time, I just don't feel bad for those guys when getting in an accident.
  11. Georgios

Georgios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was also my thought. But I could live with it, because e.g. smokers get healthcare, too, but shouldn´t. But I would be pissed if he would harm others.

You may be a very good driver, but you can´t foresee all things. Sometimes, it will be too late.
  12. DavidD

DavidD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live in the real world, thanks..............where we are free to choose what we ride, where we ride and how we ride. I race as well, but I know when to race and know when to go steady.

There is nothing to see here......................so move on.
  13. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    Agree and I've taken a lot of risk when I was younger, nowadays with family...that additional risk is too much (for me).
    We're getting off-topic...what that video shows is an amazing motorcycle, amazing engine performance it seems so I'm tempted for sure. "Superbike-Enduro"
  14. GVWR

GVWR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think it might be an idea for all the unhappy faces to make a test ride on the 1190 (R) for your own judgement and than I'm sure we'll be hearing more happy stories here about the bike.

Bike is excellent, riding on the highway at close to legal speeds is very relaxing and comfortable. Wind protection of the small R screen at higher speeds is amazinly good. Just rode it for 2 hrs, first time in the dark, light pattern on the road is very good due to the high position of the light.

And of course I love my gerbing gear without which I woulnd't be out on the road at conditions here in Holland (light snow and freezing).

Spring is in the air guys, can't be long now until the ice warming will disappear from my display :-)
  15. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Yep.
    Someone with a 1190 post a pic soon please!
  16. igorpetrovich

igorpetrovich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    [​IMG]
  17. GVWR

GVWR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's too dark here for pictures :-) I'll try to post pictures of my new 25L touratech topcase tomorrow.

Here's a link to an austrian site that are preparing a test between the new GS and the R. They've posted a short movie with the sound of both bikes. I must say that the sound of the Akra is nicer than the standard exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J23mJmAE2DM
  18. pebble35

pebble35 Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  19. Georgios

Georgios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What we are free in, is to visit the page we choose, so take it easy.

By the way, the R-model is awesome. I hope I can test-ride one in the near future.
  20. Rodknee

Rodknee the post is mightier than the sword...

Oddometer:
    so, you guys with 1190's, i need a favor....

anyone have a hookup for parts? i really want the 1190 19" front rim/hoop and seal. i would like to lace it to my 990 front hub. i am in the states, specifically New York. :freaky

seriously, i have sent out a few emails to overseas ktm dealers, and nobody has responded. help! :ear