Going north makes my bike go south.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by hardwaregrrl, Oct 22, 2008.

1. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    That was from my grandpa. He worked for Boeing out in CA.
  2. Jmoose

Jmoose Shamelessly Clueless

Oddometer:
    With some 20,000 commuter miles and barely an overnight stay, you've helped me to realize how pathetic my excuses sound to myself. I've got 9 days off coming right around the corner and the weather is just about right for some over the road travel. I gotta get offa my ass before I no longer can. Thanks for sharing & inspiring.
  3. TreeManG23

TreeManG23 TreeMan Racing

Oddometer:
    I stumbled onto both your RRs in your sig line from following Doug's Garage thread.

You seem pretty cool so I clicked on both. I'm glad I did!!! Great job!!!
  4. captain jon

captain jon live life

Oddometer:
    I have seen your post in the D.O.G.S. and thought " that's cool maybe I see her one day" and read your report. If I ever get off the boat I am on maybe I can ride too , but for now a good report like yours will do. It is your style. :1drink
  5. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the kind comments.....can't believe this thing still has legs.
  6. LikeItLoud

LikeItLoud Adventure Seeker

Oddometer:
    Jenna, you are a True Grit Gal, I know some guys that wouldn't take on that trip like that. Almost three years latter and it still has legs. Hope you keep this thread going with more adventures, you don't need problems to make an interesting story. the way you have with words, you could make a trip to the market sound interesting. Keep riding and have fun!
    LikeItLoud
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Though with each passing day I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up!
  7. Kraftsman 73

Kraftsman 73 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The bridge is four lanes wide, two north, two south. Outside lanes are paved, inside lanes has the grating. This was done to reduce the weight of the bridge deck.
    While never ridden my motorcycle across the bridge, I have driven, walked, and on two occasions ridden my bicycle across the bridge. Yes, it is very easy to get all spooked out when you start looking down. Just thinking about the height starts my stomach a'flippin.
  8. GrumpyTrails

GrumpyTrails Confused

Oddometer:
    Ad me to the list of admirers!

The North Shore of MN is one of my favorite places. Special props to anyone my size (I'm 5'2") who can ride a beast like that.

happy trails
    gt
  9. _cy_

_cy_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    nice RR... so what broke on your charging system?
  10. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    Rotor.
  11. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Just started reading this. Sweet!:clap
  12. D-Pow

D-Pow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good stuff, perseverance pays off. Nice that you didn't take the easy way out and U-Haul it home.:clap
  13. B50Paul

B50Paul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hardwaregirrrl
    Great R n R , finally read on Canada's wet coast . Check out the SW corner of canada on your way to Alaska . you rock.
  14. woodly1069

woodly1069 Long timer

Oddometer:
    let's keep this thing alive! I just found it, what a great story! Love airheads!
  15. aldntn

aldntn Vgo

Oddometer:
    to the world of burnt rotors/stators. Stuff happens. I guess you'll get used to as it sounds like you're not going to stop riding.

Cheers
  16. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's still alive. Great report. :D
  17. Flyboy52219

Flyboy52219 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. astroguy

astroguy Astroguy

Oddometer:

Well, I'm thinking of going around Lake Superior , maybe this summer and I was glad to find HardwareGrrl report on her run around the lake. It might just be the tipping point I need to go for it.
    Thanks for the fun style report, btw, I can tell that I'd like you.... just from your words and actions. Keep up the nerve!
  19. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree with what she wrote about 5 years ago now: North side of Lake Superior is beautiful. I finally saw it last summer while doing the Iron Butt Great Lakes Classic 100 hour ride - Ride around all 5 of the Great Lakes in under 100 hours. The only place I really wanted to slow down and dawdle was from Duluth to SSM. But, the shoulder on the Canadian highway (14?) is not motorcycle-friendly; it's deep gravel and steep to the ditch. So, my trip up there, and there will be another trip, will likely be in a car with touring kayaks on top. As nice as the land is to see from the land, I think from the water would be amazing.

So Hardware Girl, where else have you adventured to in the past 5 years? You can't have a trip like this and then stop!
  20. btrrtlwtr

btrrtlwtr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jenna thanks for the great rr glad it’s still alive I just love that bridge ride it as often as I can on the grates.
    Rubber side down