CT/RI Small Bike Crash-o-Rama rides!

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by alcontrast, Nov 28, 2012.

1. alcontrast

alcontrast at least I'm trying

Oddometer:
    six cb350's or six float bowls?

did you find a way to repair them? I bought used carbs off ebay that didn't have cracked tubes (yet) but I was thinking a simple solution could be heat shrink tubing for for electrical work.. I'm not sure how well it would stand up to gasoline and ethanol though. It would be a super easy fix if the material was fuel resistant.
  2. cheesebot

cheesebot I cheesebot

Oddometer:
    Six bowls, three bikes. I recall trying some 2-part jb weld on one of the tubes and it held up as far as I can remember. The heat shrink or a thin rubber hose might be a good idea too.
  3. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I repaired the cracks using soldering iron... but you got to clean the tubes.

This tube is not leaking, already checked, it holds fuel in the carb once you shut the tap off, bit it literally overflows once the fuel is on, thought level was too high but it's not. I can press the float in by hand and it still leaks when I bench test it, just can't tell if its past the needle or around the whole assembly.
  4. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    My DR650 has twice since owning it (7 yrs) needed the float assy o-rings replaced. Ethanol is the culprit I believe.

I immediately thought of shrink tubing as a repair for those overflow tubes also.
  5. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    It could be the outer o-ring as well. I have an extra if you want it. I'll be coming up that way Sunday if you want to meet me. If you need it sooner, you can come get it. The only other thing you can do there is clean the needle's rubber tip or replace the needle. I MAY have a spare needle too, not sure on that though.
  6. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was thinking that o-ring is the culprit, seat assy just fell out once I removed the screw.

I can wait till Sunday, no rush, this bike is for Pachaug/Freetown only :)
  7. stromper

stromper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Most better hardware stores have O rings

or when all else fails

www.mcmaster.com

Also sometimes float brackets get warped and the float rubs on the side of the bowl

The brass tube use solder
  8. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have 2 different o-ring variety boxes, they are all too thick.
  9. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    Latest Alaska Big Wheel video.. watch them all if you havent.. very funny.. this one is actually the worst so far IMHO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cp3m6c5XSnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want this little bike

[​IMG]
  11. Ken F

Ken F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anyone riding tomorrow?
  12. alcontrast

alcontrast at least I'm trying

Oddometer:
    I wish I had the time for a real ride tomorrow. It should be a ridiculously nice day for mid-January! I may go for a quick non-technical ride during the day but it won't be a trail ride and will probably only be about 20 minutes or so.. I have way too much to do tomorrow but it'll be too nice out to not sneak in a little seat time..

I'm glad to see you're looking to ride though. The knee must be feeling pretty good now.
  13. Ken F

Ken F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been looking to ride sense I broke it.yes its probably about 90% back to normal. I'm thinking I will be back to work soon.
    I guess we may take ride up the street from here. I got lots to do before I go back to work too.
  14. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    isn't there some paved ride in Newport?
  15. Richklr650

Richklr650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    im riding today with my daughter but going to be up around mass. conn. hitting the vanilla bean in pomfort conn. thinking noonish
  16. Ken F

Ken F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going to stay for local ride I think. Got to plan one of these weekends soon.
  17. Richklr650

Richklr650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    had a great ride yesterday with my daughter about 65 miles some d/s some tar stopped at the vanilla bean not many bikes there tho
  18. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    I have a Shorai 9ah battery and I'm not very impressed with it. Lighter but seems kind of weak, like my lead battery. I honestly thing the way to go is with some NiCad packs or the A123 cells because the just push the amperage. They WANT to discharge quickly. A pack of those made to take up the same space as your regular battery would have a LOT of power.
  20. stromper

stromper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A123 marshmallows and a new wiring harness:kboom

THose puppies are NOT ready to hunt

NiCads get a use memory and usually only good for 200 discharge/charge cycles so no