NoVA Bike Trailer owners

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Caffeind, May 20, 2005.

1. Caffeind

Caffeind Team Piggly Wiggly

Oddometer:
    No, not the kind you tow with your Gold Wing, this here kind:

[​IMG]

I'm hoping someone here has one they would let me try out with the girls to see if they like it before I go shell out hundreds of bucks on one.

:ear
  2. storymitchell

storymitchell Member of the proletariat

Oddometer:
    The autumn of my discontent (Hillsboro, VA)
    My kids enjoyed riding in the trailer we borrowed from my bro-in-law. You better be in good shape and not be in a hurry when riding. More to the point, though, my bro-in-law managed to turn his over a couple of times by turning too sharply while trying to avoid other people on the bike path. After the second crash his wife made him stop using the trailer.
  3. Caffeind

Caffeind Team Piggly Wiggly

Oddometer:
    :uhoh

I'm hoping to get that way. I used to do multi-day tours years ago and I've been away from cycling for a while.

Uh, how fast was he going on the bike paths to flip one of those trailers? The center of gravity looks to be about 2" above the wheel hubs on those things and they're like 30" wide! Most of them have hitches now that will let the bike crash without levering the trailer over.
  4. Dbear

Dbear Hanging on

Oddometer:
    I had one of the trailers fro my twns when they were younger. They are great, but the kids should wear helmets while riding. ATGATT, right. Make sure you have the swiveling hitch, that will prevent the rollover problem.

My kids loved the chance to get out and ride with me, plus, you'll make extra points with SWMBO!

Go for it!
  5. patch29

patch29 Surly Rider

Oddometer:
    You might find someone local to you here or buy one from REI, try it and return it if you do not like it.