Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes there is. It is because the government is sticking its stupid laws where they have be business. Keep your laws off my person and let parents decide what riding their kids should be doing. :deal

That said, IMO ATV's are not a good choice for small kids. Get him a PW50 and let him have at it.
  2. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    In 6 months no parent will be able to buy their child a PW :cry
  3. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine rides a CRF50 at 2 Years old. Is that a problem?
  4. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I could agree with that if we were talking about an adult...but sometimes the govt must protect young kids against their stupid parents.

"Hey, I can beat my kid, it's MINE after all"

A kid ain't your "property", you can't do whatever you want with him (or let him do...).

C'mon Dakez, even you can understand that...
  5. jmueller

jmueller 100 miles is a lap...

Oddometer:
    I disagree with everyone who thinks 3 years old is too young to ride.

I say put em on a minibike if you can, let em fall at low speed, and let em learn how much roadrash sucks (with a helmet and gloves of course)... kids learn fast.

I would bet that most of the teenagers that kill themselves have only been riding for a few years...
  6. jmueller

jmueller 100 miles is a lap...

Oddometer:
    Thats cool bro, I like it.

I dont let anyone else turn the wrenches, but when the neighborhood kids asked if it was a Harley... well, it was the one time that it didnt bother me. I took my time and explained the difference between a V-4 and a V-twin, and how to tell the difference by looking at it.

(edit) ps, I also told them that the V-4 is faster ... :)
  7. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it is fine for the govt to protect children from physical, psychological and sexual abuse.

Beyond that they need to stay the hell out of peoples lives. Yes they should put warning labels on things and do public service announcements and such… Then it should be left up to the parents.

My Dad would likely have been in jail now for what he allowed me and my brother & sisters to do when I was a pre-teen… Like riding a motorcycle alone up into the mountains to pick huckleberries, while carrying a gun. :eek1

I don’t remember learning to ride… It is like remembering learning to walk… Just something that to my memory I have always done. I do remember learning to shoot and it was made very clear as to when and what I could shoot at.

The government has no business telling people how they should raise their children. People die… EVERY damn one of them (us) Some die as children due to stupid things their parents let them do. It is the way it has always been and the way it will always be. Sometimes the stupid ones die sooner than later and it is good for society as a whole that they do.
  8. Tepi

Tepi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh, we get good laughs of those warning labels on things over here in europe. Gotta love it when a gun barrel is stamped "Please read owners manual for instructions on use" etc :rofl
  9. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    That's mostly Ruger firearms. I won't own one just for that reason.
  10. Quasi1960

Quasi1960 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of the stickers on the forks of my old GT750 saying that wet weather impedes brake efficiency. Now that is real confidence inspiring.
  11. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never said that.

But a 110cc, fast, heavy and erroneously "stable" ATV is something else than a little minibike.
  12. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    My God...I give up, there's nothing I can say, I'm so speechless.
  13. LittleRedToyota

LittleRedToyota Yinzer

Oddometer:
    "can i take it for a spin?" i have seriously heard this from multiple complete strangers while getting off/on my DRZ in public parking lots. they seem to actually be serious about the question...completely blows my mind.

and the other day, i was sitting at a red light covered in mud almost home from riding at wellsville and some guy comes running up to me as the light is turning green and asks if there are any good place to "off road" around pittsburgh. (had a good look around for that one...seems like a perfect setup for a bike-jacking.)

for some strange reason, the people behind me didn't seem to want to wait for me to answer. i actually pulled over to the side after proceeding through the intersection to talk to the guy, though.

i also get lots of questions in parking lots etc. about "How is it legal to ride a dirt bike on the street?" i try to be a good ambassador for motorcycling and explain everything to them.

i also get lots and lots of waves, thumbs-up, etc. from little kids. i always wave back or given them a thumbs-up back. sometimes it's fun to watch the expressions on their parents' faces. :D
  14. PFFOG

PFFOG Richard Alps-aholic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states

I so want to keep a pocket full of screws in my jacket, and at every stop light where these clown keep blipping the throttle, offer up a screw, saying, "here is an idle screw, it is obvious the other one vibrated out"
  15. N.Penley

N.Penley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tonight while stopped at a red light the mini van next to me caught my attention. A little boy was pointing and clapping while he smiled at me. His mom rolled down the window and I wave. Two lights later this happened again. This time the mom rolled down the window to explain that he loves motorcycles. I smiled and told her I did as well and the boy better not grow out of it.
  16. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    "When they weigh less than 220 they don't need a wide glide or a Fat boy, fat boy" That second fat boy is optional depending if you wanna punch him or not:deal
  17. majlee_vmi

majlee_vmi Tidewater 41009

Oddometer:
    At the Class Six for my weekly beer run, I usually get the question from some young Soldier, "Hey sir, how much beer can you carry in those boxes?" I usually reply "Bottles or cans?"

By the way, I can usually get a case of bottles in the OEM boxes - anyone have any tips on how to get more in them...:freaky
  18. Noone

Noone Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sitting at a Cross Roads lookin' for a sign
    But those are not stupid questions. That is market research :freaky

I can get a twelve pack under my jacket (cans). Goes with the 12 pack I already have:lol3
  19. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, get bigger boxes.

I can fit a case of bottles into each side case, with room left over more incidentals like clothing and tools. Top case is more limited, only about 3/4 case will fit in there.
  20. JDLuke

JDLuke Ravening for delight

Oddometer:
    Well, if they're top opening cases I say just ditch the containers and fill the pannier with liquid refreshment. Put a tap on the thing and you'll be the hit of the rally. :deal