2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    the Nascar concept of the car/team being the entry doesn't make sense in SX. SX should be about the rider.Windham has retired so "filling his spot" again, doesn't make a lot of sense. There is no spot to fill he is out of the sport (per him).
  2. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    If he had a significant points total indicating he was a contender after a reasonable mount of races and is then injured, allowing him to switch class doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the sport to me. significant and reasonable would have to be defined.
  3. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    thats not the point. the fact that Tomac will suddenly be lining up on a 450 and can potentially have an outcome on the series final standings and champion after there are already 7 of 16 races in the books is.
  4. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    thanks and fair enough. I can see the other side of the argument. but for people to be comparing Dowd riding a few select 450 Nationals to what Tomac is doing is a stretch to put it nicely. some people don't agree with my stance and not being bright enough to state their own we're seeing some pretty lame counterpoints. my posts are the result of someone asking what they thought about the current issue of Tomac riding the 450. unlike other people who the majority of their posts are their opinions on someone elses. god forbid they formulated an independent opinion on the subjects on a regular basis.
  5. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Theres no need for anyone to tell them that. If coming in 2nd or further back doesn't make them pick up the pace than they are either not capable of a 1st or don't want it bad enough. If they can't beat a lites racer then why are they in the 450 class?
  6. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    I doubt any of the top riders would complain about Tomac entering the 450 class(except those that are on the bubble to make the main.)
    That's what racers do.
    Race.

As far as Asterisk medical team by being there eliminates having a rider go to the closest ER room for x-rays and concussion evaluation.
    Yes, Zach Bell was tested,and passed those tests twice last Saturday.
    They have put a enormous effort to be there for the sport a d I'm sure all the racers have total confidence in them.

Did you tell them what "hacks" you think they are when at Dallas?

Some of your statements are so "out there" you have to wonder if you're really just trolling most of the times.

I used to enjoy discussing racing on this thread but lately it's always some off the wall topic that gets the most noise.
  7. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  8. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quite the contrary, I never agree to disagree. Not my fault others just aren't savvy enough to see things properly. :D

All you have done is to promote a potentially severe restriction on racing, there is absolutely no difference in singling out one (any) rider over another and making arbitrary rules on who can enter a race and who can not be allowed for some trumped up illogical excuse.
    This is why we as spectators often want to put an * beside some race/series winners.

9. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Assuming you are referring to 'flug I'll just say I agree he does do some trolling but the current 'Ban Tomac' thread I don't believe is a troll, he is expressing his honest opinion in my opinion.

Sometimes true but in the case of who is eligible to enter a race and who isn't I think is a serious topic. Arena Cross is implementing some strange Nascrap type rules this year, I think testing the water to see if they can push some of them off on SX. Don't think they are limiting entries but other things....

10. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I never said to single anyone out, Tomac by his move to the 450's comes under the spotlight and becomes the point of debate. the series is supposedly set up as a "junior series" (Lites) to allow "beginner" pro's the chance to ride on the big stage without taxing their resources to much by making them try to get to all 16 events. They further define the "beginner" status by booting anyone who wins it twice (I believe that is how it works) so in effect, Tomac is somewhat cherry picking at this point by being in the Lites class while being capable of competing on the 450 (he is). My position is not to single anyone out if it were up to me to make it "fair" if you ride Lites east or west, you cannot ride the 450's. that way you're not singling anyone out. by creating the current Lites format they have created a double edged sword that has conflicting implications. There will be no more 7 time 250 champions you can't do it it's not allowed. But at the same time if that is the case dominant Lites riders maybe really shouldn't be there anyway. They really screwed the pooch by minimizing the 250's and eliminating the 125's.
  11. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  13. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    [​IMG]

funny ... he STILL works for Yamaha running the roadrace branch of Yamaha Racing
  14. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Is JGR still running Pirellis this season? They seem to be working a bit better.
  15. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These are just a few guesses.

250 kids riding 450's while their coast is on break. Why?
    To gauge where they are at in the big boy class.
    To secure a ride for the big boy class.
    To gain more sponsorship to fund their foray into the big boy class.
    To better their chances at making a living since they went all in on this moto sport thing and don’t have anything to fall back on.

Dowd and Brownie ride a few select 450 outdoors. Why?
    To keep their race number out of circulation.
    To show their kids that they can race
    (seems a little more selfish than Tomac no?)

Like others have stated, riders used to run all the classes in the same night. Tomac is going up in class so you can't call it cherry picking.

Here’s another ridiculous notion. Should Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson been told to pick one sport instead of playing two?
  16. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I will call for another Villopoto vs. Milsaps battle this weekend.

It is Milsaps home race. He should win, but it will be tough to beat Poto if he is on form like last week.
  17. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Fixed.
  18. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, maybe we should be more concerned about the race for top 5 being decided by the 3rd turn.
  19. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:

1st turn, if Reed is there :lol3
  20. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    I respect your point of view and from an Eddie Lawson point of view "Lappers shouldn't even be out there" (not sure how that would work since he'd be the only one out there). But regardless, in the big picture this is about ratings, it's not a race it's a SX Show! Mixing things up is a way that they keep the interest going....more audience, the better chance that we'll still see the race on TV. They don't care who wins, or who screws up who in the turns and messes up the points. From a rating stand point, the more pileups, tipovers and drama, the better!...it's all ratings. I race Hare Scrambles and would love to see the GNCC or Endurocross on nationwide TV but the ratings aren't there. So without people like Tomac coming in and mixing things up, there's no one interested, say the few exceptions that are die hard fans, watching and if not enough people are watching, the TV networks aren't going to pick up the races and you'll be watching from either the stands or reruns on the internet. So you can complain all you want, free speech, but it's as simple as that! I'm rooting for Tomac to throw a wrench into the whole thing :clap He'll probably get 4th!