Vintage MX, vintage body and bike

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pvangel, Mar 24, 2011.

1. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Brotherly love only goes so far and it usually stops when the gate drops...
  2. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
  3. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
  4. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    last two are great shots.

Going to miss Claverack again this weekend :( which is sad, because the PD is in the best form its been in, mechanically, all year.
  5. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jason! I thought about Claverack but headed to the Country Club instead...Too friigen hot to ride today but I did, ALL day and it took a lot out of me but had a blast!

I rode the 89 all day and it is finally running well again, I have re- done the powervalve about 6 times and it is finally running right as well as I set up the front forks a little different and all in all the bike did great! video to follow...
    Oh yea? did I say it was friiigggen hot here today!!
  6. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Was hot in Hancock too:cry
  7. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I couldn't imagine an enduro today, I rode a lot of moto's today but for short times and drank between each one and still probably came home 5lbs lighter.
  8. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    shit we rode it yesterday and today:freaky:freaky
  9. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    My son didn't ride today so did some quick video shots with the Go-Pro and I edited them together(first time editing), pretty cool! My friend Carl on the yz 250 and the pesky 18 yr old on the 450.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u9gyIprdQtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  10. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    That kid on the 450 and me on my 89 CR 125, Lot "O" fun...:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uUiY-uXfHK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Thats Max on the 450, great kid and a pleasure to bring along anytime. He'll be 18 in a couple weeks, the bike I am riding is 23 years old.... kinda puts it all in prospective.
    I rode that bike a couple weeks ago and it's a rocketship, I couldn't ride it at all because I'm used to a 125 2 stroke and although they both have 2 wheels it pretty much ends there. The best I can explain it is you are riding a small block Chevy, so much fun to drag race it but then you have to stop it and the extra 40 lbs adds up exponentially.
    When I came back to the sport it was on a KTM 520 and I progressively reduced the displacement eventually landing on a 125, I couldn't be happier with the outcome....
    2 strokes rule!!!!
  12. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Winchester Speed Park (http://www.winchesterspeedpark.com/)in NH has a Vet Championship on Sunday the day after the Southwick National which is a great track! +50 and a vintage 80's class, weather looks perfect so I think I'm in!
  13. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    we hope to be at Southwick. they are raffling a special Southwick 40th Anniversary KXF off, I'd kind of like to go home with that and put it under one of the local experts that just flies like the wind on 2nd rate equipment. Remember a year ago the day after Southwick was the day after Hurricane Irene. I liked watching your video of your son on the 450. of course you always caught him but it was neat when you were close in a corner watching just how quick those 450's cover ground pulling away at fairly low RPM's, and then multiply that times 50 in the hands of the pro's. Keep an eye at Southwick for Aaron Lampi #813 on 250's. He JUST got his pro license. He'll be on a Suzuki. He's from Fishkill and looks to have the whole package. His buddy Matt Hammer might also make his pro debut.
  14. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Undailla 9/15-9/16 GNCC race :D
  15. Tbone

Tbone off-ramp slayer

Oddometer:
    Do it man !!:deal Did my first GNCC last year and it was a blast.
  16. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I will be in West Virginia racing at Tomahawk that weekend but would love to try a GNCC race!
  17. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Max is one of my sons friends and yes it is amazing how fast these 450's are!
    Aaron and Matt are both members at Milford so I get to see them ride all the time and aside from being great riders they are both good kids and wish them luck in there pursuit of becoming pro!
  18. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Winchester is cancelled, I was looking forward to it ......:cry
    It says there was a family emergency so I hope there ok!
  19. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    watching the video's you keep waiting for a big rush of throttle/exhaust sound but it never really happens but you can definitely tell by how fast they are moving when they're on the gas. I still marvel at the starts. when we used to race the starts were organized madness with everyone wildly revving on/off/on/off waiting for the gate (or rubberband) to drop/snap.

now they all just sit there and hold it wide open. :huh

keep up the good work with the video's they may never win an academy award but I get a kick out of them. where is that practice track you're on?
  20. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    After spending the day at Southwick watching the pro's I have to ride tomorrow, country club it is!
    Kind of like when you saw "Smokey and the Bandit" in a movie theater in the 70's, everyone was doing burnouts in the parking lot afterwards, that's me tomorrow(in slomo)