Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    How 205 is this?
    Breauxman Live:

Better do this before you go to bed...
    DAKAR STAGE 3: BRIEFING
    Liaison sections: 100 km
    Special stage: 243 km

AT ERG, THE RALLY GOES ONE STAGE FURTHER

Tempers are likely to flare inside the vehicles, as the level of stress increases. The recently formed pairs will have passed a major test during the first one hundred kilometres. The South Americans have adopted the term “Erg”, which accurately describes the sequence of dunes that they will have to negotiate in the small hours. All the competitors who go over them without getting stuck, including those in the lead, will be able to proudly breathe a sigh of relief. Their first reward will be to take advantage of the route along the seafront on the second half of the special stage. But the respite will be short-lived, as the tracks they will take at the end of the stage will also require skill and vigilance.
    [​IMG]

Night all :D
  2. Gunner45

Gunner45 Out on the trail

Oddometer:
    Yea, I know I was just kidding around with him. Sometimes its hard get the tone right in a post
  3. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    :doh :stupid

:lol3
  4. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    Anyone found a video clip of Robby losing the plot with full sound, I have searched you tube, I know it was on French TV uncensored , gotta be worth a repeat, he loses it so well.
  5. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lets keep this simple.

Anyone who wants to donate to the Manny fund can Paypal to - edited, because we hit the goal! -. This is my business account, I'll pay the fees as you can't donate (no pp fees) to a business, that's ok. Please put "Manny" in the subject.

When we hit $1400-$100 (my donation)=$1300, I'll refund anything after that and make sure Dave gets Manuel the cash. Will post a total as we get close.

Sound good?

I love adv.
  6. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    +100 :clap

Stefan and JP... over 10 years together (six wins)... By comparison RG changes co-driver as the rule - not exception. Anyone ever recall seeing Peterhansel an Cottret fighting (no?), but they get compromised on thr route sometimes (yes?... but work at it as a team).... anyone recall JP and Stefan inder the Mitsubishi T1 Proto a few years back, methodically replacing the driveshaft... no swearing, no excuses for the camera how much they would be leading by... "if only we hadn't..." :ear

Six titles from 12 attempts (together) vs ZERO from 7... much of competing at DAKAR is about attitudes and how you approach the race... not just material and showboating...

Interesting comparison of perspectives... but perhaps not the kind of thing for a "fan thread!...?
  7. Wyvern

Wyvern Long timer

Oddometer:

Ohh heck yes ... and as a RG hate person ...must see. why don't the folks on "Planet Robbie" like me telling them they are F**ked ????
  8. kaia

kaia team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer:
    so true, it's amazing to see the F5'ers step up and become his net.

the official pics here, stolen from the dakar ios app:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Aussie66

Aussie66 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gooooooooooooood morning Pisco - Nazca.

Wow too many friggin pages, too much to catch up on.

Got an SMS from Westy last night, his Sherco spat its header loose, so he manhandled it back into place, good thing titanium cools off quickly. Lost a fair amount of time and a fair amount of hearing too.:ear

Got to work today so steady on the pages.
  10. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    I have the awesome France 4 broadcast downloaded, but I'd have to edit it to clip out the Robby FYFF part. Not this eve anyway, but maybe somebody else can beat me to it.

Man, ROBBBEEEEEE GOORRRRDDDOOONN is PISSED!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol3
  11. Yamezz

Yamezz Suffers from MBS

Oddometer:
    You're a generous fellow, Ned. :D
  12. Dekatria

Dekatria Ad Astra Per Aspera

Oddometer:
    I'm losing my respect for RG this way. It's already a shambles he's 50 mins behind after just two (!) stages, but you can at least treat your teammates with respect.
  13. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Just sent some dinero. GO MANUEL!

Thanks for handling this Ned! :thumb :getiton
  15. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    commitment is power :evil

From HRC FB:

Dakar race report- Johnny Campbell
    Stage 2.
    85km liaison
    242km special (race portion).
    Today started with an early 5am wake up and start riding at 6am for a short 50mile road section (liaison).
    Followed by a 153 mile special.
    Last night the camp was hopping with locals just outside the fence with truck revs and fireworks going off at random times and an occasional car alarm? What the heck? So sleep was a little off. At the end of the liaison they had a bike refueling setup prior to the special start area. We had enough time to go #2 and meet some spectators. Off the start we started 2x2 back where I started anyway, and I quickly put a wheel forward on my Aussie bro that started next to me. Good thing cause it was dusty an was filled with dangerous rocks for about 30km. After the course turned more northerly into the dunes. The dunes pretty much lasted the entire stage which I like because we never get to race stuff like that back home. The track was filled with waypoints with a kind of seek and destroy ploting. At Km74 everyone seemed to get confused as the way point seemed to not be there. I have learned from previous mistakes that some times it is best to stop and get your bearings rather than just ride off and waste fuel and time. Once I felt confident I took off in the direction that seemed most logical, and surely the waypoint popped up. Unfortunately I did loose some time but didn't get lost and waste more time and precious fuel. My road book had stopped working for some reason so I chose to scroll manually rather than take time to diagnose the problem. I lost some time because of it but just rode my pace and didn't get to anxious as we still have 4900 miles and 13 days of riding left! The dunes became more fun the last 20km as I caught up to a few riders then a couple caught up to us! We had a five way battle going on! Pretty epic to say the least. My finish on the stage was 33rd and put me 35th in overall standings. Ironically, that is the same position I was in on the second day of the 2001 Dakar rally in Africa where I finish 8th OA that year. Just some fun facts for all my homies and fans back in the States.
    The bike is working well and we continue to make adjustments as we gain confidence with the bike.
    Tomorrows stage will be another sandy stage with an actual beach run. I will pop a wheelie on the La Playa for my Rip brothers on a different Continent!
    Total Kms for the stage will be 242 plus another 80km liaison to finish up in Nazca.
    Love to all,
    Johnny

[​IMG]

Also: Breauzman Live now getting info from Hogwild Newswires :lol3
  16. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Good catch Scott... :clap

Put's an interestig spin on the Buglies team tactics fow week one now...? :ear
  17. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

That'll just be another a new lump in the ongoing evolution of the bodywork... no biggie! :lol3
  18. slime

slime Healing nicely

Oddometer:
    Probably got sand in his vagina :D
  19. Wyvern

Wyvern Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^^ LoL sand in his vagina LoL :rofl

so he lost his sand ramps on course ... can he get them back. can he get 'new' ones or is hi f**ked ?
  20. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer: