LDComfort Undergarments Riding Shorts

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by mariowink, Feb 17, 2009.

1. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    I own a 1200RT and the standard seat was the second thing to go. I now have a Rick Mayer saddle and it makes a huge difference. Butt...and this is a big butt...You HAVE to make sure you consider comfort from the skin out. Not from the bike in. Whether you are sitting on a custom made saddle, a stock saddle, a pile of sheepskin or a fencepost, You must protect the skin.
    Do that FIRST and you will soon find what else you need. Do that LAST and you will spend hundreds or even thousands trying to get comfortable. Go to the website and see the videos. www.LDComfort.com You must see why they will out perform bicycle shorts, chamois butter, butt powders and anything else that people try on their way to understanding. Can you ride 10,000 miles in a week without so much as a blister and not a thought about butt pain? You can if you are crazy and have one pair of LDComfort for every mile. (It's been done.)

First spend the money on some LDComfort Riding Shorts, then go pick a true custom seat and you will have the kind of joy from your RT that it was meant to give you. Comfort counts for every mile, not just for the first thousand of the day.

I want you to enjoy every mile. ô¿~
  2. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rode 6 hours 2 day with these 4 the 1st time with the OEM seat - no sheep skin/air hawk.

1st impression is GOOD; will be taking several longer day trips next weekend and will C how me butt feels afterwards. Seriously reconsidering the Russell after 2 days ride.
  3. talldaddy

talldaddy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mario, the LDComfort items look like a great option for riding. I need a tall sizing on jackets and dress shirts. Do you have the ability to add 2 inches to the sleeve length of a L shirt??
  4. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    The LDComfort Long Sleeve Shirt comes with sleeves long enough. ALL my shirts have sleeves that are too short EXCEPT my LDComfort Shirt.

Trust me...I make them for riders. Comfort counts for every mile.
  5. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    See how important it is to get first things first? Glad to hear it. Enjoy every mile. ô¿~
  6. GGG-KAWS

GGG-KAWS Mr. Hyde

Oddometer:
    Mario, Do you wear the Cool Sleeves in addition to your Dryline long sleeve top or in place of them if you are just wearing a regular t-shirt? Any additional info on staying cool would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gregg
  7. UncleHowie

UncleHowie Dances with Buffalo

Oddometer:
    talldaddy-

I'm 6'3", with a 32" inseam, so I have kind of a long torso.

I've got the 4XL shirt, and the sleeve length fits me fine. For reference, I normally wear a 38" sleeve in a dress shirt.

The body length is tolerable, but I would like a couple more inches for tucking in.
  8. UncleHowie

UncleHowie Dances with Buffalo

Oddometer:
    Mario- I've got three pair of your shorts, and three pair of your tights. I love them.

I just bought one of your shirts, and I anticipate I'm going to love that, too.

Do you have the ability to make the shirts in another color? I'd like to see the option of a gray shirt.

I wear black riding pants and a Hi-Viz jacket. When my jacket is off, I feel like Johnny Cash (The Man in Black) walking around.

I'd sure like an option for a different colored shirt...
  9. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone provide any feedback on either the long/short sleeve turtle neck shirts?

THANKS,
  10. JamesK

JamesK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been using the LDComfort garments for many years and many 1,000 of miles. As far as I'm concerned there is no better product out there that comes close to the LDComfort gear.
    The one thing I would like to see on the Shirts is a taller neck, something like 2 inches extra would be perfect (I guess that applies to many things :evil). As it is now I often need to wear a neck collar/tube to eliminate rubbing/irritation from the jacket color. This is especially true on many winter jackets which have the taller collar.
  11. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    Gregg, The sleeves on the long sleeve shirt are what allows you to let cool air into the cavity of your jacket. Add water and air and the jacket fills with cool air. Ride in a bubble of cool air all the way up to 120 degrees. The "Cool Sleeves" work exactly the same way but are designed for the rider who commutes or on a short trip where they are wearing street clothes under protective outer gear and want to keep themselves cool for the shorter ride and take them off when they get to their destination. On a long trip I always wear the long sleeve shirt. On short but hot trip, I would use the sleeves under my full riding suit and take them off when I arrive at my destination. They work just as well.

Comfort counts for EVERY mile. ô¿~ Mario
  12. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    Here is a link that gives a few details. http://ldcomfort.com/store/dryline-long-sleeve-turtleneck-top.html

Realize the fabric is not the same as other garments on the market. This is the dual layer fabric that keeps your skin dry even when the garment is wet. A GREAT way to keep yourself cool in the summer. Use it as a cooling impliment. The long sleeve shirt is better in that the sleeves is what is used to keep you cool. The shirt is warmer in the cold of the nights or winters. The short sleeve shirt is great if you want to walk around without sleeves. You can use the short sleeve shirt and the "Cool Sleeves" together and have the same effect as the long sleeve shirt. I ride in the long sleeve shirt. Enjoy EVERY mile. Mario ô¿~
  13. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    There is a chance we get some colors in a limited supply but not enough to place on our website for market. Besides...."The Man in Black" was cool.

Mario ô¿~
  14. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    A notice to everyone paying attention to this thread: LDComfort now has the new helemt liner available on line. www.LDComfort.com After researching many different versions and thousands of miles of testing we consider the LDComfort helmet liner to be supreme. Made with the same fabric as our undergarments you will stay cooler in the heat. This helmet liner will be especially popular with the long distance riders and the off road crowd. End the problem of a sunburned neck while riding in the sun. You will never feel it is on. They are available in black and we also have a limited supply in High Visibillity Orange. The orange is the same color as our cool sleeves.

Comfort counts all over!!!! Mario
  15. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up on the helmet liner. Yesterday I worked a "Demo Ride" fleet and spent all day in the saddle. Thank goodness I was wearing my LD Comfort shorts I had bought last year to ride the TAT.
    I got home after work today and told the misses I need to order more shorts and some tights too! She gave the thumbs up so I'm ready to order:clap

These are the finest underwear I've ever ridden in and will never be without them. Riding 100 or 10.000 miles the 'ole bum feels just great.
    Great product! Thanks again.
    Now about that multiple pair, ADV rider discount:lol3
  16. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Mario -- Is this different than the version you had at the MOA Rally last year? I bought one then and while it worked great on areas of my head that had no hair, all it seemed to do when worn over hair was add an insulating layer that made me miserable under the helmet. Is this an improvement, or should I hold off till I lose the rest of my hair? :huh

Pete
  17. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Just pulled the trigger on an order for a pair of shorts and a pair of the tights but I'll be damned if I didn't forget to order the helmet liner!!!:huh
    Damn, damn, damn!!!!:eek1 :eek1 :eek1

Mario, be a champ and throw one in with my order and I promise to spread the Gospel:D :D
    Thanks again:freaky
  18. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    We are offering a 10% discount on orders over $100. Just make sure you properly enter the discount code during checkout. You no enter code, you no get discount. Realize that comfort counts for every mile not just the first 1000 miles of the day!
  19. mariowink

mariowink Under Doc

Oddometer:
    This is basicly the same helmet liner. The fabric will stay dry on the inside even when the liner is wringing wet. That keeps the scalp dry. The moisture on the outside of the fabric will evaporate with the helmet vents open and cool you off. Our test rider was wearing one in the Arizona desert and had to close the vents to keep from getting too cold!!
    I have a FULL head of hair (sorry) and my LDComfort Helmet liner keeps my head cool. Got vents?
    Enjoy every mile.
  20. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    My helmet vents very well, but that liner held all the heat in. My scalp and hair were dripping with sweat! It's the only product I ever bought from you that got tossed in the trash. Love the shorts and the tights. Helmet liner, not so much. I wonder if the dry heat you have out there makes a difference. Here in the east coast humidity it was just plain uncomfortable.