Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Gray Dragon

Gray Dragon Geezer rider

Oddometer:
    I have both the Lombard and Mojave in med-tall. The Mojave "seems" shorter than the Lombard. I think this is because the mesh of the Mojave is more flexable and will shorten a couple of inches easily.

Hope this helps.
  2. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :huh

This is Adventure Rider after all!
  3. redredred

redredred Experienced n00b

Oddometer:
  4. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the support :)

redred: all my love is for the adv folks loL! we are already at such rock bottom prices and low margins that discounting further is really difficult. I will however, still take another look at and see if we can do some ADV special. thanks for bringing this to attention.
  5. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    After following this thread for literally a year, I placed my order tonight for a V3.

Thanks! I Can't Wait!
  6. redredred

Oddometer:
    understood, just thought i would ask. i was considering placing a pre-order for a V3 but will hold off until hearing back from you. excellent response time though, keep up the good work!
  7. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the order :clap

redredred: ok so because the lombard v3 already has a pre-order discount, we cant offer a further discount. However, once the price goes back up to the regular MSRP, we will come out with an ADV special price. I am not sure at the moment what it will be but i doubt it'll be as big as the pre-order discount so i recommend you avail the current offer.
    Thanks
  8. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ventura jacket: we will have a detailed blog post on this very soon. In summary, there are some really good textile jackets that you can buy (especially towards the end of the model year) for more than 70-80% off the MSRP. Our prices are already quite low and it becomes difficult to compete with larger brands after such discounts. However, the Ventura was a very nice and innovative jacket indeed. We will continue to make them on special order (with YKK zippers). We are however, working on Ventura 2 but it will be some time before it is released as we are researching high-end materials for the new jacket.

Mojave suit: This will also become a made-to-order product. We highly recommend customers to for the Diego instead to avail the protection offered by leather. However, those who need a light-weight over-suit or with an off-road bias, we can make the suit on order. The remaining inventory wont be restocked. This is a good time to pick up the remaining suits that are in stock.

Tionesta & Mattole jeans. The Tionesta will be phased out and Mattole 2, which will have adjustable knee armor, will replace the Mattole.

Shows:
    We expect to have an ample stock of the following at the shows
    Camino 2 jacket (new version of the Camino)
    Tioga 2 jacket (new version of the Tioga)
    Saratoga 2 jacket (new version of the Saratoga)
    Mesa pants
    Lombard V3

We are currently working on some new product prototype. I will post info about them in the next two weeks. For those who have placed an order and are waiting for the V3 suits to arrive, we hope to start shipping them early November at this point.

The warehouse move is now complete. I really expect our services to improve as a result of this. Please provide us feedback on your experiences with our shipping department so that we can continue to improve.

One very important note: the return-customer offer for the V3 suits does not expire. you can avail this at a later as well.

hope this answers some of the questions you guys have had in your minds
  9. redredred

Oddometer:
    thanks for looking into it! i will be placing my (pre-)order shortly.
  10. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am in the market for some waterproof, armored, mid-weight gloves. If you think you're going to be coming out with something like that, keep me posted!
  11. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    ah we had glove prototypes but we not to pursue the market because there are several decent gloves available for reasonable prices. ... perhaps in the future
  12. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    News on two new prototypes coming later today.
    stay tuned
  13. ironmtnracing

ironmtnracing MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer:
    One thing the guys at Teiz have done really well is listen to feedback and evolve their products to better meet the needs of riders.

The Lombard is a perfect example. These guys have continued to evolve and insure that customers who have grown with them, are rewarded for sticking around. I'm bummed that I don't have anything more than "it's dirty" as an excuse to sell the wife into letting me get the new version.

Really looking forward to seeing what's next.

14. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what is next:

RTW (ride to work) Commute Suit:
    Think lombard v3 but cheaper and slightly less loaded on features.
    We will soon be introducing a suit aimed straight at the commuter folks who want a light weight yet reliable suit for going back n forth from work everyday. i have the prototype here with me and it works really well. i have been riding in it all day today.

Unnamed jacket:
    A new leather jacket with classic retro looks. details coming soon.

we were supposed to have pictures today but.. you know.. things happen. we should have pix up soon.
  15. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet!

Keep us posted. :clap
  16. pplummer

pplummer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ghazi,

I am a long time commuter and just may be interested in replacing my Darien with your commuter prototype! Keep me posted. I have some ideas that bug me with most of my outfits for commuting. Being a gear whore, I probably have one of everything on the market! Keep up the great work, I love following this thread.
  17. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    well then roll in those ideas.. we are listening
  18. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here are the pics.
    It may been a lil big on me because this prototype is a size Medium and i usually wear a small.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. cccbarkbuster

cccbarkbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just placed my order for the v3. I like my v2 a lot but the deal for 199.00 was too good to pass. I ordered it the next size smaller so I got some training to do:D Really like the hi- vis orange but I`ll give the light gray a try with the v3 unless I can get another hi-viz orange!!! order # 657 hope you made the clothing access pockets a little bigger They are a little snug to get thru on my v2.
  20. cccbarkbuster

cccbarkbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey thats a nice suit. The v2 I have is 11lbs. Is that prototype a bit lighter?