Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Glad yer OK, George! That gear mighta made the difference between riding home on the bike or riding to the hospital in an ambulance!

And all that rain-dancing courtesy of the Hack-A-Saw tribe worked, it's raining here in P-cola right now.:clap
  2. sperz1

sperz1 Lame Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's pouring here. Anyone game for a ride tomorrow afternoon?
  3. ineptizoid

Oddometer:
    IN.

How's Blackwater sound? BZ gave me some info on some places I need to check out...
  4. sperz1

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me. I'm free after 2:15 :thumb
  5. ineptizoid

Oddometer:
    Hey! Me too:clap
  6. sperz1

Oddometer:
    So when/where ya wanna head out from?
  7. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

Taking Flex time, eh? :rofl
  8. ineptizoid

Oddometer:
    Howzabout that Tom Thumb where Scenic & Davis intersect--just east of Campus Drive? I can be there at 2:30.

You got that right, Doctor...it's for the sake of my Mental Health ya know:thumb

And I have approval from the Dept of Human Resources, too
  9. slomo510

slomo510 what to ride today?

Oddometer:
    :freaky see ya there

10. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    Glad you are ok George!!:clap
  11. forrestrider

forrestrider Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer:
    I KNOW how you feel, I got to the point if I push the bike out of the garage I get geared up. Glad youre all right.:lift
    Got a gut in my fire dept. thats looking at ADV. bikes. so we may get a new guy.
  12. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Wearing all that safety chit may make you look like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle but, if it helps you get up after a get off with minor bumps/bruises, I'll take it. :thumb

Glad you're OK, bud.
  13. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Just catching up on numerous posts on this site.

Several things come to mind... if I may expound!

Inept and BZ are correct that there seems to be more and more "dirt bike" rides and not true ADV rides. I concur.

Somewhere along the line (perhaps starting with me) some of the rides started to change. I am not apologizing for this, it was just a natural thing. We started riding more challenging trails with less stops, more speed. Adrenaline kicked in and the rides got faster. 3 to 4 hour intense rides were going on at the same time as the more established ADV/DS ride which was more about enjoying the experience and not so much about adrenaline. All day rides are the norm.

I believe, and believe Mug and other older members (not age dummies) agree that there is room for all on the forum. I love reading about the true ADV rides you guys go on. I don’t go cause I don’t have that type bike (yet) but I love that you guys love it. And then there are the street only guys who are on the forum.

So we got a bunch of guys doing different stuff and having a ball. So where is the problem.

There is no problem as long as we all know what is going on. We do not exclude anyone. The real purpose of TT is for all of us to get together and ride. A meet and greet. We are hitting a few challenging/fun jeep roads but for the most part it will be an easy ride. ADV style pace.

We have an alternate route for the Beasts, BUT, and here comes the rub, if you insist on riding the “dirt bike” then please pick a buddy to stay with you and help you along. You should be understanding enough not to want to ruin everyone day waiting for you to catch up. I saw the video of the GS on sand. Amazing stuff to watch, but if there is an implication there that the GS can stay up with a 400KToom or even 650Suzi on these trails, it is wrong.
    Let me offer you beastie boys a challenge. Take the first 5 miles of the TT and ride it. If you feel you can do that type of trail for another 95 miles and not slow up the pack, then come on.

As far as the rest of you FF… its gonna be fun no matter what. Even rain cannot hurt us if we slab around the powerline and the puddle road.
  14. RuckedUp

RuckedUp Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Game on!! Ruck up and shut the F$&@ Up;)
  15. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    no i hope i didnt offend any one when i asked what type of ride this was i very much like both types and have no problem riding mach 5 with my helmet un fire .i just did not want to show up to eglin with a 747 when this is a f18 dog fight .the klr will be the weapen of choice for the tt ride gear up lets go
  16. RuckedUp

Oddometer:
    I say bring the 747 that makes for great video at the water crossing points :):deal
  17. RuckedUp

Oddometer:
    It looks like its time for a new rear tire for the KTM, anyone have a recommendation . I was thinking of a trials rear tire I have heard a lot of good stuff about them and they seem to hook up well on most surfaces and wear well.
  18. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    its a ktm knobs only
  19. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    BZ - this was NOT directed at you. Sorry if it seemed that way. We have others out there also who want to join in but dont have a choice of wepon.
    But this is more of the F18 dog fight so bring that.

Rucked UP - You're taking the ribbing as we knew you would. But I gotta admit thats a cool handle.

Also, IMHO do NOT do the trials thing unless you do a lot more pavement and some rock stuff. They aint shit at Eglin. I just got a S12SX Michelin that should be awesome but it is not pavement prone.
  20. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    TMII rear gives the best bang for the buck:deal