Addc 2013 - Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge

Discussion in 'Racing' started by too old, Mar 28, 2013.

1. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Sam takes the win! Well done. Can Helder hold onto 2nd ahead of Coma?
  2. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whatever it was, he's moving again.
  3. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fantastic ride Sam - tomorrow, Coma is starting second to Sam and will catch up a minute, but will be 2.53 behind, Speedy will be off fourth can catch up 3 mins and will be 3.35 behind - couldn't be much closer, no room for any errors in leading off - no pressure :rofl:rofl

PAU beat speedy by 4 secs - 4 secs that are worth a minute on the track tomorrow with one starting place up !:evil:evil

Maybe Speedy was clever a slowed a little, but would he have known?
  4. garfey

Oddometer:
    Now at ASS. Tracker problem.
  5. doyle

Oddometer:
    Helder finally in more than 23' down from Sam.
  6. too old

Oddometer:
    Must have been a real problem then - that variance between PAU and Speedy was crucial, Sam will only have a 35 second advantage once he has been caught on the track tomorrow - couldn't be closer !
  7. too old

Oddometer:
    After 15 hours of racing we are talking seconds !:clap
  8. garfey

Oddometer:
    mxmum will have her fingernails chewed off up to the elbow.:lol3
  9. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Wow, the high speed stuff starting at 3:20 is unbelievable!
  10. too old

Oddometer:
    The voice of an impulsive 23 year old mx rider :rofl:rofl
    And also why he seemed to lose 30 secs or so at the end

7. Sam Sunderland (UAE)

“The last part was all piste and I lost my exhaust, and when that happens you lose a lot of power which is what happened now. I just want to take it day by day and absolutely don’t want to think about winning right now. We will see how it goes. Anything can happen, as you can see with my exhaust. There are so many factors to take into consideration. But I am sitting in a good position and will sit with the manager tonight and talk about how we will tackle the last leg tomorrow.

This answers why Helder stopped!

6. Helder Rodrigues (PRT)

“I started in front but then I got stuck and lost a lot of time, but it’s ok. The bike is getting better and better since I made the repairs after the first day and I will just push really hard tomorrow.”
  11. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Great news to wake up to :clap
  12. Sylvia

Sylvia vir sapit qui pauca loqui

Oddometer:
    Relax mum,
    Your boy did good. Whatever happens from here he has more than proved he can run with the big boys, like I knew he could. :clap

Now just to consolidate, consolidate, consolidate.

Go Sam.

I am away for a few days snapping pics for another rally down here. I'll pop in when I can.

Go Sam.

Go Sam.

and

Go Sam.
  13. garfey

Oddometer:
  14. doyle

Oddometer:
    From Chavo: 5K after refuelling my GPS shut down.... and I was pressing buttons to try to turn it on again and didn't see a drop and ate shit.

Luckily I didn't get hurt, but the bars were badly bent... So I rode like that for 95k slower than before...
  15. Åmme

Åmme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I noticed that Sam have a 10 minutes penalty today is it due to the lost exhaust ?
  16. too old

Oddometer:

No the b*******s have given him a 10 min penalty for missing the third set of zone flags after the finish - he rode over to the team manager about his lost exhaust and apparently missed them!!

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; mso-table-layout-alt: fixed; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt" class=MsoNormalTable border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 37.2pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 103.85pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 37.2pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=top width=138>Non-respect of the entry, exit and the direction of the traffic in the zone <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    1st infringement <o:p></o:p>
    2nd infringement <o:p></o:p>
    3rd infringement <o:p></o:p>
    </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 103.85pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 37.2pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=top width=138>080.20 <o:p></o:p>
    </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 103.85pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 37.2pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=top width=138>10’ <o:p></o:p>
    1 h <o:p></o:p>
    3 h <o:p></o:p>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now, in my books "non-respect'' could be a deliberate act of disrespect - some thing this was certainly not!

It may be technical but I would challenge this!

These miserable f*****s have just ruined the rally!!!
  17. doyle

Oddometer:
    Not sure what that is for but it effectively kills his chance to win. He's now 6'25" behind Coma in the overall. With opening the stage tomorrow, there is no way he will be able to pull out that much of a gap on the field, sadly. I hate to see performance penalized out of a win.

Too Old/mxmum, any idea what the penalty was for?
  18. doyle

Oddometer:
    Jordi Arcarons was just telling Juan Carlos about it. They are pretty strict about those things apparently. Chavo turned around yesterday because of almost missing some yellow flags. Sucks for Sam. Hate to see a great ride spoiled by a relatively minor infraction, but sadly, those rules cut both ways some times.
  19. too old

Oddometer:

Its above - now the thing is if the penalty is on the overall or the stage - if the appeal fails and it is on the stage and it should be then he should start 7th 6 mins 25 sec down and the opportunity it he caught them to take 6 mins off that!
    I don't expect Coma to be a gent, so could he then take 25 secs off him?

The way this shower have acted they won't take it off the stage and will make him start first,
  20. too old

Oddometer:

But why should he open the stage - if the penalty was on the stage then he should start 7th?