When is the 1190 ADV hitting the US?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Englishmatt, Oct 8, 2013.

1. chief_lee_visceral

chief_lee_visceral Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

No one called anyone a thief or a liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. chief_lee_visceral

chief_lee_visceral Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So what it comes down to is some dealers that ordered might have gotten 4 and others got 3. But surely the dealers were told on Dec. 3rd how many were coming. My dealer did not tell me until the bikes arrived that all the orders were not getting filled. My salesman convinced me that he was not aware that bikes that were pre-ordered did not get preference for distribution. In other words KTM just spread them out to dealers.

In total my dealer might have been that clueless about what was happening. I mean they never checked how many were coming until they arrived.
  3. Todd-Squad

Todd-Squad See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer:
    That's what it sounds like.
  4. Fredii

Fredii Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think some dealers are pretty much clueless. I was ready to put a deposit on a bike at a dealer in Houston but they couldn't tell me when they were getting bikes or even how many they were getting. At the same time I was reading on these forums of people getting actual delivery dates and quantities of bikes ordered. I didn't feel comfortable with that so I kept my money. Even when bikes started rolling in at different dealers I called them up and they still had no idea when they were getting bikes. So I pulled up the KTM website, found another dealer I didn't even know existed, checked out the website and they had bikes listed. Called them up and they had sold all but the R model that I bought that day from them. They even have a good idea when the next shipment of bikes are coming to them.

As far as I know that other dealer still has no bikes and still has no clue...
  5. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I emailed Arrow this AM and got this rapid response from their office on the west coast.
    "Patrick,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    The weight difference between the silencers is just under a pound. The difference in the collector weights is around two pounds.<o:p></o:p>
    Mr. Smith,<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thank you for your interest in Arrow exhaust. I do not stock this <o:p></o:p>
    system here in the US. However, I am able to order it from the factory in <o:p></o:p>
    Italy. ETA would be a week from Monday to me. Pricing is as follows....<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    71495MI (collector) : $699<o:p></o:p>
    71809AK (aluminum silencer) : $599<o:p></o:p>
    71809PK (titanium silencer) : $799"<o:p></o:p>
  6. Ossie

Ossie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Fredii

I bought the 1190 Adventure from Mainland. I had been waiting to see the 1190 and had almost bought the Triumph Explorer. Just didn't feel comfortable buying a 2013 Explorer.

Got on Cycle Trader due to somebody saying bikes were showing up in different parts of the country. Was kicking around the idea of flying to Georgia to buy one and then came across Mainland's ad in Cycle Trader. I felt lucky to walk in and see both models sitting on the floor. Still went back and looked at the Triumph, but finally knew that was not going to satisfy me.

Everybody is right, this bike is unbelievable. Engine, suspension, weight, balance and handling. What more could you need. Really enjoying getting to know this new machine. Ex 2012 Vstrom 650 0wner.
  7. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess if I would've just told guys what they wanted to hear we might have had a few pre-sold but I just can't do that. I had guys calling telling me other dealers told them they were getting them way before we had any idea when they were going to be here, much less knew how many we were allocated. :huh

Dealers order what they want for the most part, except for the bikes they make you take anyhow. Some time later, usually about the time the first bikes we get a delivery schedule that shows us what we get and the approximate delivery time. Sometimes you get what you want, other times not... that's the way it works. :deal
  8. Fredii

Fredii Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I sat on your bike Tuesday evening just to see how it felt! I was torn between the two and have not been able to decide which model I wanted for the last few months. I really didn't want the electronic suspension but I probably don't do enough off road to justify the R. I'm glad you bought the standard because that made my decision much easier and I'm loving the R. I loved my Tiger XC but this bike blows that one away in every aspect.

The guys at mainland were great too, couldn't ask for better anywhere.
  9. Joseph42s

Joseph42s Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if you buy one out of state would they be ok in California? I know we have that stupid 7500 mile deal on new vehicles. It does not appear that there are any in California.
  10. Jimkatoom

Jimkatoom Not a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Central coast, Peeps Republic of California
    C L V -
    Glad you got your bike! Congrats on a Happy New Bike Day:clap
    I also was 5th in line for an R, at my dealer, he got 2 standards, one R, and said he knew he had one more on the way. He said that because KTM USA charged the dealership for the bike, then shipped it, so it'll be here in Kalifornia in a few days... He said "as for the others(total of 7 Rs ordered) he has no idea when KTM will ship them. He apologized to me for the delay and suggested I might check other dealerships, which I did, and now I am picking my new R tomorrow from a dealer who said today he got two- one spoken for and gone already, the other available. Would I like to put a deposit on it to hold it?
    You bet your ass! I did, then immediately called my first dealer to tell him I found one elsewhere, and he said," Great! I'm happy for you! You did what you had to. I owe you some money!"
    Then confirmed my address, and said he was getting the finance dept to cut my check right away...
    He also said, "don't be a stranger." And I won't be. That's the kind of attitude I appreciate from a sales person, and he'll get my future business in accessories and future bikes.
    It is an AWESOME machine, isn't it?
    Again, congrats on NBD!!
  11. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe the bikes are a 50 state bike from the emissions stand point. You are correct about buying new and 7500 mile requirement.

12. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine is home safely....:clap
  13. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Congrats! Enjoy it Mike.
  14. Joseph42s

Joseph42s Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have found a few out of state willing to ship. Just don't want to waste my time if DMV wont let me register.
  15. Joseph42s

Joseph42s Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The dealer says its possible. But what do they know. Just dont want to get stuck in a bind.
  16. coast range rider

coast range rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Years ago I purchased an out of CA state bike with less than 7500 on it. I swapped out the instrument cluster before going to CA DMV for registration. Afterwards I simply swapped back to the original cluster and bought some adult beverages for the person who loaned me his instrument cluster. Keep in mind there is no certification going on that the mileage shown is correct (like when you sell a vehicle in CA); like DMV told me, the odometer reading (on a functional looking odometer) is all that is needed.
    Unfortunately there will be a waiting period until anyone local has a 7500+ mile reading on a loaner instrument cluster. That did not apply in my situation.
  17. Reese

Reese Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I live in California and bought a new 990 from an out of state dealer last year. There is no 7500 mile requirement for a bike that is 50-state legal. Bikes that are 50-state legal have a California emissions sticker on the frame.

I took mine to the DMV with 12 miles on it. The DMV looks for the emissions sticker during the inspection. It's slightly more involved than buying in-state because of the inspection but there's no mileage requirements.
  18. coast range rider

coast range rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good point Reese. The bike I mentioned in my post above did not have a CA emissions sticker and was under 7500 miles. Sorry I confused the issue.
  19. Joseph42s

Joseph42s Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Reese thanks! I re read the dmv stuff and it confirmed what you said. I found one (out ofstate). Looking forward to it making its way to California!

:clap:rofl:freaky:lol3
  20. Reese

Reese Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No worries. I had a do a lot of reading when I was considering purchasing new out of state. There is a lot of confusion. I called the DMV main office and was given incorrect information. I had found enough threads here on the subject to be reasonable confident in the purchase and it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just hoping to save somebody else all the looking around.