Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JoeyBones, Nov 5, 2009.

1. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer:
    Or, as a "fiscal conservative who has demonstrated a genuine concern for the taxpayers' dollar", he left instructions to not waste money on additional engraving after his passing.

I could Google the guy but.... I'm going with this for now.
  2. wesdawg

wesdawg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lol, I'll stick with that...
  3. XCRider803

XCRider803 Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer:
    Happy Father's Day Numa and all you other fathers on here. :D

Spent yesterday driving to VA and back. All that driving and only brought back one cylinder. I'll post some pics up later, going to have some family time today, been too long for me with all the recent traveling I've done.

I'll totally give it away though... BMW\KTM riders won't point at me and laugh (well ok, maybe not me but my bike) and I think even Joey will nod in appreciation. Cost about as much as a WRR.

Son has a new bike too, when he gets here later I'll get some camera phone glamour shots.
  4. Koolranch

Koolranch NCADVR

Oddometer:

Congratulations, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Happy fathers to you and all the fathers on this thread as well. Have a great day.
  5. AppFan

AppFan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy Fathers Day all. Had a great day riding yesterday. Hit the road about 5am, met a few Transalps in Jonesville and hit the back roads and dirt roads up in VA. It felt good to get out and about again.
    Hope everyone gets out today. I'll be hanging out with the girls and enjoying every minute.
    XCRider, congratulations!
  6. adverb

adverb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got a 100+ miles in today, and then went from epic to fail in five minutes FLAT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer:
    The most important thing is that you captured the moment in pictures and shared them here. Nothing else really matters.
  8. Scott Davis

Scott Davis Which way did they go?

Oddometer:
    Is that photo, I85 and 485?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
  9. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    So true... so true... :rofl
  10. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    Hope everyone got a chance to have a little family time, nice having a day to be lazy.

So yesterday my son picked me up in a borrowed truck and off to VA we go. Went up to Frontline Eurosports in Salem and walked in to see my new toy proudly displayed at the front door.

[​IMG]

Yep, BMWs red headed step child. A nice new TE449.

Loaded up and ready to come home.

[​IMG]

Once again there are 3, I hope to sell the Ninja tomorrow. Thought someone was going to pick it up today but he backed out. Still getting a few calls on it, I'm hoping it's nearly ready to go to a home where it will be used more.

Here they are getting aquatinted with each other. :D

[​IMG]

Here's her riding companion... pretty much what prompted it all. My son's KTM, we've both been talking about it for a while, he got the ball rolling last week.

[​IMG]

BTW both those bikes combined weigh less than the Tiger! :rofl
  11. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    You get those spoke wheel weights locally?
  12. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
  13. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    Ooooooh 350 EXC..... nice! I'm wanting a 530 in a bad kind of way. Maybe after I start work this September.

The Husky is looking good too. :thumb
  14. adverb

adverb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doesn't the saying go "pics or it didn't happen?"

Yes, i85 and 485 on the north side. We rode the entire closed section from just past 77. Just before that we were at the abandoned golf course at 85 and 485 south. It's been about 3 years since we first found it completely graded. At this point it's too grown over to have much fun, but man was it fun while it lasted.

I'm pretty sure those spoke weights were on there when I got the bike brand new from the dealer. Pretty sexy, huh?

FYI. There are lots of sharp things to run over at a construction site. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    Show a little Orange and look who comes out of the woodwork. :D

That 350 is a nice ride. Smooth and powerful, you can tell it's refined. Geared way too high though.

Husky is geared high, not overly so but still too much. She puts a little more 'thump' in the whole thumper thing. Little more down low and you can feel every stroke.
  16. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    We had a large number of people express interest in an off-road ride attempting to make it all the way across Wolf Creek Road out west of Hot Springs. Boike agreed to map a route and lead a Saturday off-road ride that would include Wolf Creek Road.

Boike and I finally got a chance to talk today. His work schedule requires that he work almost every Saturday. The only Saturday he has free during July and August is Saturday, July 26th. For those who are still interested and can make that date, we will meet in Hot Springs at 10:30 AM at the Madison County Public Library located on Rt 25/70 in Hot Springs.

The 10:30 AM meet time will give folks riding or trailering in from Charlotte time to get there in the morning. Those who decide to camp the night before -- sounded like folks preferred Wilson Creek primitive camping to sites with facilities -- should have time to get up and break camp in time for the 10:30 AM meet time. (My business travel schedule will not allow me to camp the night before. I will let you campers discuss among yourselves and decide where you want to camp.)

I will touch base again when we get closer to that date to see who is still in for this ride.

Numa
  17. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on the sweet new ride, James! That should be great for some serious off-road riding.

Can't wait to see that bike in action.

Numa
  18. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Hope that you all had a good Father's Day! I was stuck in a cage most all day today driving back from Maryland, but got to spend some time this weekend hanging out with my son and my brother. We even cracked open a 15 year old bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel Tennessee Whisky last evening to enjoy with our steaks. Yum!

Numa
  19. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    If it's a Saturday it's doable for me even if I've just flown in from somewhere (in the states). The only problem the kid and I are trying to work out now is getting these beasties from point to point when a couple hours of road are involved. No trailer yet, maybe a modded Harbour Freight is in order. :evil
  20. maffud

maffud Now with 30% less maffud.

Oddometer:
    I'm out. I'll be in NY that weekend.