.;'

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Hondo, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Hondo

Hondo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Team Dennis

Team Dennis Certified Troublemaker

Oddometer:
    It better be free for a KLR owner.:lol3
  3. Dread

Dread Putt-Putt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My head is spinning. There are way too many KLR forums and things happening to them to keep track of. :eek1
  4. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    KLR RIDERS OF THE WORLD: UNITE!!​
    :lol3
  5. Mw650

Mw650 Bob

Oddometer:
    We would if we only could locate the others. Have not seen too many in my area of Ohio.
  6. Tazman

Tazman Tazmanian devil

Oddometer:
    hondo, doing a great job with the other site. I like how your setting it up!!
  7. Zrexrob

Zrexrob Back in the South...yep!

Oddometer:
    just joined...looks good!!!
  8. Rustic

Rustic Star Benchwarmer

Oddometer:
    Like it, Hondo! No BS... refreshing!
  9. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Wow, that actually looks like it has promise:D I'll have to see what happens with it. I especially like the way you broke the geographic areas down by specifying what states are included:thumb
  10. klm4755

klm4755 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since the "old school" KLR650.net is down, and has been down for a few weeks now, 2x new web sites have sprung up to give KLR users a place to "hang our helmets and discuss KLR specific issue:
    http://www.klrforum.com/phpBB2/index.php- This site sprung up about 2x weeks ago. About 330 users. Seems to have taken off well. Not technical enough for me. Site is currently down.
    http://klrworld.com/forums/index.php This site was created by an ADVrider member. Seems to be more focused on the technical aspects of the bike. Alot of the klr650.net folks here.
  11. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    If only we can convice Baldy (site owner) to create our own KLR forum on this site, we won't need to go anywhere else.. :evil

there's also the yahoo groups mailing list, but that can get tedious going through all the posts, most of which have no KLR content.
  12. zrod

zrod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great site Hondo, thanks!
    Rod,,,,,,,,,,,thinkin you just can't keep a good KLR down:D

[​IMG]
  13. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in

Oddometer:
    and we could trust all the great helpful content will be there for future reference

:ear :thumb
  14. zeze

zeze Ready to ROLL!

Oddometer:
    It seems there are 7 zillion KLR forums anymore. Lots of info out there. I have to admit, klr650.net, lost some awesome information. I had stuff linked, that no longer exists. The "world" has some awesome new maintenance stickies, including "Marty" who's sticky helped me through the Stainless brake line install, and even klrforum, seems like a nice buncha folks. The Yahoo group??? Well I don't really like that format, takes forever to get to the meat, IMO, although it is huge and stable.

Anyway, for now, I will be visiting most of them, regularly. It seems as though they all have knowledge to offer, and to be honest, I think they all have their own advantages/disadvantages. I reallly just appreciate everyone for throwing in their 2 cents worthless or not.

Cheers good folks.:freaky
  15. we3

we3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Um it USE TO BE OPEN.....

When I go there the page displays this:

I'm sure it was quite nice.:norton
  16. Right Turn Clyde

Right Turn Clyde Pongo pygmaeus Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I've been in CanadaÂ…KLR650.net LOST all the old content???? :huh or have they just not gotten it back up but plan to?

If the prior then what a big fat waste. Sometimes I post (like a lot of folks) for the purpose of hoping it will aid someone later. So stability is really a big deal. I know the whole FYYFF-tude turns many folks off, so not sure ADV would ever be THE site for KLR info, but boy the stability would be great (sorry, Glenn, but losing all that info is not cool).

I'll look at the new site though. Sounds good. :thumb

s
  17. Phaedrus

Phaedrus It was how many degrees?

Oddometer:
    KLRnet...my 2nd home on many a night, I have to find my old avatar.:ear
  18. Michael_H

Michael_H Adventurer

Oddometer:
    glen is an idiot he should of just backed it all up then moved to a different forum server, and that klrworld forum has waaaay to many catagories, its like 3 dozen sections.. dont need that many just makes browsing really annoying, click on one catagory to see 5 posts, another to see 1 other post, too many catagories not enough content
  19. Desert Dave

Desert Dave Enjoying the moment

Oddometer:
    Yeah , but on the flip side, when all those forums get crowded and you want to look up some specific info on just brakes, or electrical or whatever, it'll save you lots of time sifting through other topics to get the info you need. That's the only reason I don't go to the KLR Yahoo list anymore, lot's of good guys and great info, but searching for older, specific info is a pain.

The V-Strom forum is like that, lots of catagories, and when I'm looking for opinions on tires, or brakes it's SO easy to find old threads quickly.

I think I'm going to sign up today.
  20. klm4755

klm4755 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the forum style at http://www.klrworld.com/forums/ easy to navagate to the topic of interest. Once the forum subject catagories get populated, you'll probably find the format more user friendly. The "how-to" sticky's I find to be detailed, relevant, and with pictures and brilliantly written annotations. Like "Martys" stainless steel front brake line install! hehe
    Keithm