Neale Bayly Rides kinda sucks

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by guitarin, Jun 16, 2013.

1. N-m

N-m Captain 2 Sexy

Oddometer:
    Too Far from My Welder and BMW in South TN.
    Actually, you need to sell it to those teeny boppers watching MTV and buy more gas for the Boxer.
  2. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, CTRN Supporter

Oddometer:
    BTW...

If Nealeyeleleye told me to take a day in the truck, on television, I would fuck him up.

JG
  3. Spiff Spiffster

Spiff Spiffster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to like it. I didn't

Fake, manufactured, formula television .Very disappointing.
  4. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Texas, the baseball capital of the universe.
    Hey, it's on Speed TV. Why would you expect quality?

Besides that, it needs more tits.
  5. jagred

jagred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :shog I'm going to say my bit, and then duck and run for cover.

LIGHTEN UP folks and THINK before you gripe.

I don't have cable TV at home, but this week I was in a hotel room flipping through the channels and saw riders on bikes. SWEET! So I dropped the remote and watched. I only saw about the last 30 minutes of the episode where the lady had to ride in the truck because of a busted foot.

This is just a group of people like me, who love to ride. The only difference is... they have enough money to afford a trip that I can't afford. And because TV cameras are around, everybody ends up being stiff and self-conscious. Sure producers try to create and manufacture a little drama. That's what producers do.

But let's be honest. The "motorcycle TV watching market" in america is not exactly huge. If we act like snobs and don't support the stuff they make specifically for US... then guess what... they won't bother to make more stuff for us. It is all about the money. Who can get viewers and advertising dollars.

Be overly critical and unsupportive of the market's attempts to create motorcycle programming, and there won't be more attempts to make motorcycle programming.

ALL right... I'm done acting like a "know-it-all". Isn't it ironic that I'm being critical of others being critical. :rofl
  6. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    The new global sigline for us interweb users.

I kinda think the whole thing was manufactured by BMW as part of an ad campaign. It kinda fits the customary view of Beemer riders held by many inmates here.

Consider this. We have rich BMW snobs (:puke1) going on an expensive trip to Peru to help the poor wretched creatures that are without means just so they can get a merit badge and feel like they are helping the world.

I'm thinking that a documentary about some Beemer riders making it to Starbucks just wouldn't be interesting enough. :deal :lol3

(tongue firmly planted in cheek)<tongue firmly="" planted="" in="" cheek<tongue="" cheek=""></tongue>
  7. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    I'm actually enjoying the show. Yeah, we as the ADV community aren't exactly the target audience, because let's face it, there aren't enough of us to make it worthwhile to cover a show like this. I think many of us would actually enjoy a show on a shoe string budget that didn't seem so "produced" and showed many of the true obstacles you run into on a trip, but that type of show would never "make it to TV".

There are definitely parts of the show I just have to look by, but for the most part I'm enjoying just being able to watch Adventure motorcycles riding on TV both at the BMW training center and now Peru. It is fun watching Neale rip it on that R1200GS once in a while too.

I'm sure its not easy or cheap to bring a show like this TV and as we get more of them and more people start watching them, we might get better shows that fit more in "our" line of thinking.
  8. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    But that's the point, it 'aint motorcycle programing as such what it is is, a. one great infomercial for BMW and b. Filler between ads.

This show could be about tractor racing for all Speed gives a shit.
  9. Geolander

Geolander Scruffy Nerf Herder

Oddometer:
    This
  10. Martin_404

Martin_404 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just saw the youtube teaser and am not going to watch this series.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/65677557?title=0&byline=0&color=f0b000" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="281" width="500"></iframe> NEALE BAYLY RIDES Trailer from Neale Bayly Rides on Vimeo.

At the end, one of the guys makes a remark that only a rich snob (he ownes an IT company) could make : "how does a kid end up in a orphanage? How does a parent do that to somebody?"

Yes, these parents must have been enjoying their brunch one day and decided "why not put my child in an orphanage, so I can play golf"
    Or "you know what, today is a convinient day to die"

These dumb poor people make such stupid choices and career moves.
    They are jusk asking for it.
    Look at me, I'm doing fine, so why can't they?
  11. Martin_404

Martin_404 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With living costs in Peru, if BMW would have given them half of the media budged they spend on this thing, all of these kids would be set for life.
  12. Martin_404

Martin_404 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just ran into this and it illustrates my point :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qYHLJtcx1eE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I do not know about going to hell, but it does show what they are like underneath the mask.
  13. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Tell us about your trip to Peru. Did you do a RR? Got a link?
  14. guitarin

guitarin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a POS! Makes me want to tape over the BMW logos on my bike.:puke1
  15. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    :rofl

What the fuck does BMW have to do with that clip ? I have a Darien, should I burn it ?
  16. g®eg

g®eg world's fastest drone

Oddometer:
    it might help the water repellant properties.....

:rofl

:hide
  17. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    Not sure that it will actually :D
  18. lulo

lulo Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer:
    Fucking bastard, what a fucking disgrace to the adv riding community

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

He should face that pecker the other way narizon hijueputa, here's some Spanish for ya Neil
    Anda pa casa del carajo a cogerte a tu Madre por el culo
  19. guitarin

guitarin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They're sponsoring the show.:D The Compassionate, the Motorcycle Dare Devil and Philanthropist, acting as he really does behind cameras while making fun of poor Peruvian lady's unfortunate life. His behavior is despicable !
  20. Mercury264

Oddometer:
    But they're different shows aren't they - hence my comment. That clip has what appears to be an XR...

So, Darien, burn/no-burn :ear