2014 KTM Adventure 1190 Thread

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by harryzgnilek, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Head2Wind

Head2Wind MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer:
    I am not going to be a good source to answer that question presently because I do not have a clear understanding of the original issue, nor a example airbox of either version, nor a UNIfilter ver1 or ver2 filter in hand to examine. However I am planning on stocking the UNIfilter ver2 filter for the 1190 soon in the USA as soon as they finish a production run next week.
  2. PatSmith

PatSmith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    did you sit on the R or the STD. The R is a little taller than the STD
  3. PatSmith

Oddometer:
    is it possible to let us know when you have inventory. I would like to purchase one. thx
  4. manxkipper

manxkipper Fishpistel

Oddometer:

Try this: switch bike on and cycle to the settings menu. Hold down both up and down buttons. A new window will pop up with mileage and month which can be set as you wish.

Works on my 2014 1190R.
    SnowMule likes this.
  5. car94

car94 What's this Box for?

Oddometer:
    Getting ready>
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Got a few things done>
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Took it for a ride. Speedometer is definitely off by about 6 up to 55 MPH 8 or more over 65 MPH, and 11 at 100 MPH.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  6. harryzgnilek

harryzgnilek Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nice

how do you like the skid plate?

7. car94

Oddometer:
    Seemed to be more difficult to install then it should have been. And I thought it seemed to be a made over one from another model. Not the finish quality I was expecting from TourTech. The the Bolts on the cross over bar bracket are about a CM from hitting the block and the stand off brackets with the little rubber feet don't make contact with plate at either location. I also stripped a head out of one of the #4 allen head bolts in the crossover bar bracket. It does cover all the way back to the cat, so that's good and the plate itself is very sturdy. The weight savings from the exhuast is gone with the weight gain from the plate.:deal
  8. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Look at it as moving the wt lower for better CG!

What are the black clutch and other?? cover you put on? Purposeful or for looks?

Where did you wire the GPS for power?

Nice ride and have fun!

9. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:
    anyone know of software update for the speedo fix? Just figure with what we paid the speedo would be much closer

I really like my Akra and also interested in your GPS details and wiring
  10. nvdesertrat

nvdesertrat Nevada Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Had a nice ride today on my 1190R thought id share a couple of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. PatSmith

Oddometer:
    Nice. Sand Mtn- Dixie Valley area?
  12. Fuzzy.Wuzzy

Fuzzy.Wuzzy Fuzzy.Wuzzy

Oddometer:
    Anyone done this on an 1190adv yet?
    If you leave the PCV connected to the ECU but block off the vacuum it should work, but why did I get a general failure code?
  13. car94

Oddometer:
    RG Racing Covers, Developed for the RC-8 but they came out with these revised for the 1190, The are functional, supposedly can take a hard impact at speed without damaging the case. Hopefully I won't find out. I have a similar setup from Woodcraft on my GSXR 600 track bike and I do know they work great. I'm waitin on the grips to do any hard wiring, so I just plugged the GPS in and put it on my RAM mount. Grips are pushed back to February 16th.
  14. strider.deano

strider.deano Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on a canisterectomy too. :lurk
  15. Head2Wind

Head2Wind MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer:
    If the control valve is still plugged into the wire harness, but the associated hoses are disconnected, the ECU shouldn't know a thing about this and therefore not throw codes.... dunno
  16. Wonway

Wonway KTM Fanboi #2

Oddometer:
    I left mine unplugged for this very reason and have not gotten a code. I was going to plug it next time I had the tank off, but maybe now I shouldn't.

The valve is normally closed so I really don't see the need to plug it, but I would have if I had the right size cap.

I would uncork it and see if the code goes away.

Edit: and by plugging I mean the vacuum port. The electrical connector is still connected.

Many new vehicles have a pressure sensor on the other side of the purge valve and need to see a change in vacuum when the valve is opened otherwise it assumes the canister is plugged and will throw a code. I'm not sure if this system is that complicated as I never looked much past the Purge Control Valve but it may be the reason for your problem.

Please report back.
  17. harryzgnilek

Oddometer:
    Hi all

My 1190 Standard Grey is at the dealership , he can have it ready within a week (needs to install all the accessories )
    problem is , the weather is still cold (-11c) snow on the floor and where I live there is a winter tire law that insists you have winter tires on any road vehicle till march 15th.(crazy). I can get it delivered to my house
    question is;
    Would you wait to get your bike or have it delivered to your place?
    would there be any bad effects of it sitting in my garage all prepped and not be able to ride for 6 weeks?

thanks
  18. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    It is safer at your house. That is, for six weeks you can just come down to the garage, sit on it, make vroom-vroom sounds and be happy. If it is at the dealer, you may need to drive all they way there every once in a while to see it, running risks of accidents on the way in and back. Plus who knows what the staff at the dealer will say about you. So, to avoid "bad effects" I would recommend you have it delivered.
  19. harryzgnilek

Oddometer:
    Thanks

it is still in a crate ..will tell them to ready it
  20. Fuzzy.Wuzzy

Fuzzy.Wuzzy Fuzzy.Wuzzy

Oddometer:
    OK, re: the fault code that popped-up after I did the canisterectomy .... It appears I actually had two fault codes. The one for the Canisterectomy is now gone and was probably caused by me leaving the PCV electrically disconnected. I reconnected the electrics to the valve and it has gone now. Canister gone and lots of room for stuff in the tail where the canister used to be and no risk of filling the canister with gas if I drop the bike (which would result in not being able to start the bike).... Thank you for the input!
    But...... now the other problem.... I pressed the horn button for the first time (Wow! what a wimpy sound!) .... the horn would not switch off! I turned the key off.... still the horn blows! I had to take the windshield off, the light out and disconnect the horn. Weird thing is that it won't shut off even if you turn the ignition off.... the horn was not wired to work unless the ignition is on. But it now will sound constantly regardless if the ignition is off or on! I disconnected the wires to the horn, but I get a general fault code. Yikes!! That is sooo weird that the horn won't turn off even if the key is turned off!
    Can I reset it? Any ideas?