First rides, farkles and fixes: show off your bike here!

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Supahflid, Jul 31, 2011.

1. vfrgreg

vfrgreg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap
  2. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:

:ddogThat's it - i'm out. :D
  3. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm pissed cause all y'all talk about is hard luggage. Why don't y'all ever talk about how awesome my 990 is with wolfman saddlebags?
  4. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    Who are you?
  5. Supahflid

Oddometer:
    :lol3

It's me, it's me, it's Supahfliiiiiddddeeeee!!!!!!
  6. antpatterson

antpatterson XR650L_High_Runner

Oddometer:
    Late Christmas gifts arrived, Highflow water pump kit and seal along with a coolant recovery kit for my KTM :clap installed the pump and seal tonight, recovery kit tomorrow and pictures to come.
  7. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:

Holy hell this thread got good. Come on BW, don't stir the shit and leave, keep stirring brother. :pot
  8. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    I have stayed quite. but i want to say something now that everyone has had a day or two to cool off from what ever the hell stung y'all in your panty's.

guys we all ride different bikes, we all want them to look different from every other bike out there. y'all are fussing over boxes to hang on the side of your bike to put things in, NOONE is going to agree on what box is best, or what mounting system is best,

I saw where someone said they wanted the things not to crush his legs off road, my view on this is don't go off road with big boxes on your bike in the first place, I wouldn't dare do it with anything bigger then the ammo cans on my Old XL but that is me.

do i have to go get a big stick and use it on all of you, I know the rain as kept most of us cooped up over the last month but hey,, have y'all forgot we all are here in this site for one reason, we LOVE to ride motorcycles.

stop taking everything so personal, and when you see Roy has a post laugh first and think to your self just how much does he hate this (insert what ever he is ranting about). I do agree that if Roy would change the way he talks about things we could learn a lot more from him. hell I have even told him that on here, but it didn't help. you just have to over look his bullshit and pick out the useful bits.

hell Roy couldn't have been nicer in helping me get that rear tire i bought from him. he could have made me drive down there just to get it, but no he carried it by truck trailer and dropped it off for a friend of mine down there to pick up and I picked it up last weekend when I was down shopping with my girls. Oh hell i just defended Roy, the worlds going to end.

i know I have even been pushy at times when someone asked for advice on here, and it comes from a racing back ground, the roads are tough, but when you push a bike on the track to it and your liments you want the best. you want things that will not brake, it doesn't have to look good it HAS to work. if not you are someone racing with you is going to get hurt or worse dead.

I have watched Roy fuss about weak points on his sport bikes and said to my self there's no way it's really that bad, but them I remember he's comparing it to a race bike. look at all the things he has had to change on the bike he is building now, that bike was more then capable to do anything 90% of us would have ever asked it to do in stock form, but not in a race.

so do remember guys that race do not look at bikes the same as other riders, it's always function over form,

now with that said,

Roy you are a ass, and I do normally laugh at your post. Just so you know.:lol3
  9. Trophy1298

Oddometer:

So you're calling Roy a RACEist? :evil
  10. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:

Hmmm I guess you could put it that way.. :rofl:rofl:rofl
  11. Supahflid

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I hope this valve check works out like I want it to. :huh
  12. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    What kind of top case is that? I've been thinking about getting one but hear the Jesse's are overpriced junk.

Damn, you were a busy fella today.
  13. Trophy1298

Oddometer:
    Just remember where you put all the parts.
  14. Supahflid

Oddometer:
    :lol3 That top case is an overpriced KTM piece of junk. I read or heard that a side case manufacturer private labels that box for KTM, but I can't remember which one.

Yes, I even cleaned up a bit before I got started.

Coffee cans are your friends!:D
  15. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    It looks a lot like the Trax boxes that twisted sells.
  16. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun but I would have done it while it rained for 9 straight days :D
  17. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    :huh You have a strange way of expressing yourself. There is help for people with that condition.
  18. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    No pull Tom but all my communication with them has been positive. All they need is a bike so maybe someone near them could provide a donor to get the ball bouncing.
  19. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    All my dealings with them have been positive - good company. I've only bought a few things from them several years ago for my DRZ, but they respond to my emails within a day and treat me like a valued customer. Even told me to start a letter writing campaign to request products for my bike.
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856248
  20. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had the same experience with them. I put a lot in service after the sale. Those companies that excell in that always get my money over and over. They worked with me on the DR racks that I drove them crazy about a 1/4" out on one side. We finally met in the middle on it. My weird ways didn't get to them and I am still a loyal customer. No style points with their stuff but it's damn near indestructible when used the way ADV stuff ends up being used at times.