Northern Riders SIGN IN!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZZR_Ron, Nov 20, 2006.

1. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well here's a bit of a spoiler. Last Fall I rode it in its original 125R state and absolutely loved the feel of the newer chassis compared to the older 2009 125R (that I still have - now with the newly swapped 2011 125R engine). I've ridden it for 2 hour stretches without getting sore. There's definitely more room on the updated version. It feels like a slightly smaller version of the CBR250R (which I also own). I now have a Givi top case for it. Will probably use my Ortlieb waterproof saddles. Here it is when I first picked it up. A little flashy for my tastes (almost all of my bikes have been black!) but it's growing on me. These are the older Repsol colours which makes the 2011 version unique (they weren't an option on the CBR250R). I think I like it better than the newer 2012 Repsol colours adopted by both the CBR125R and CBR250R last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike
  2. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Mike, I sold my CBR125 last year to make room for a sport bike from the 80's.
    If I get it all back together it maybe worthy of a short road trip.
    [​IMG]
  3. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been following the reunion. Ha..ha..:D That's awesome. Can't wait to read your first ride report. A fellow on a popular WR250R forum has swapped out his engine for one from a Banshee quad that uses an updated version of the RZ350 mill. He's close to having it up and running.

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t7579-project-wr350x-has-begun

Mike
  4. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    The Banchee engine is a common swap...there are some big dollars being spent on getting the 350's up to 80+hp.:evil it puts a whole new meaning on 11,000 rpm.:eek1
  5. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    I keep missing these Rallies. If I am in the district, I will be there ! And can do a slide show of our expedition.
    [​IMG]
  6. KamikazeKLR

KamikazeKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chris and I might end up showing up. We'll be on our way to newfoundland by then and we'll just have to see where we are at that point
  7. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    We should try to have an ADV lunch in April and see who all is going to the Ice Breaker. It's always fun to travel in a group and arrive at the Madhouse in Thunder Bay on mass. :freaky
  8. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    Mike, did you have to beef up the suspension for that thing? I think I would break the damn thing if I sat on it :evil
  9. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Hekto, you on a non-stop rally of sorts...not sure a little rally and ride would meet your standards :lol3 Maybe FINNDIAN will find us some crazy badass ride for us! Have a safe journey home! Starting to warm here, plus 2c and sunny today...not sure if that's good or bad :eek1
  10. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Hey FINNDIAN, have you ever riden out to the old Magpie mine east of you? That's a place I'd like to explore sometime.
  11. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Aw man...everytime you Manitoba bikers show up here in a big group, you scare the townsfolk away :rofl Save me a seat at the Madhouse :freaky
  12. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    Time off work has been booked and I'm ready to go.....Oh crap, there still snow outside. :puke1
    Looking forward to riding the north shore again.
    Come on spring!!!!
  13. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually - the suspension on the newer bike is quite good (much firmer and better controlled like the CBR250R) compared to the older 125R.

Lappeman - if you can make it - we could do a short run out to the Catfish Lake Tower (Menzies/ Bailloquet Tower) and explore it while we're there. I wish I knew more about this tower. Looks like there's a logging road that might provide reasonably good access. The yellow line from the cut to the top is about 1.45 kms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike
  14. FINNDIAN

FINNDIAN Mine goes to 11

Oddometer:
    Ya its not that hard to get to. There are a couple old mines we could see. Maybe I'll do a day of some 450 and one of 950.

Mike. I think the road towards that tower is very grown in. I think I rode up that road a few years ago and didn't get too far. Doug. who was at the nofar on the wing last year lives across the lake from it. I'll ask him.
    I know of another tower you can ride to the base of.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
  15. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Thanks FINNDIAN!
  16. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Mike, rode part way to that one a few years back but turned around. Looked too bad for the KLR at the time and the cupola wasn't on the tower anymore, so I didn't bother.
  17. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys. That's disappointing. Yet - at some point I think I'd still like make my way to that tower - even if from the main road to the south. Would require some bushwacking. I'd like to take some photos and look around.

Mike
  18. KamikazeKLR

KamikazeKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I concur!
  19. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play Mad about thumpers

Oddometer:
    Loaded up the DR & KLR today. Headed to Arkansas Thursday for a week in the Ozarks. Hope the snow melts before we get there.
  20. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow Steve. I was just thinking about ya today. I was betting that you'd be out riding in the sun and + C temps. Hope you have a great adventure. Looking forward to seeing the pics! :)

Mike