One day in the NT Aus

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by panhead_pete, Aug 11, 2013.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete Gone riding

Oddometer:
    <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} @font-face {font-family:"&#65325;&#65331; &#26126;&#26397;"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"&#65325;&#65331; &#26126;&#26397;"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"&#65325;&#65331; &#26126;&#26397;"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:595.0pt 842.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> Well talked the boss into me having a day off so after a bit of a sleep in jumped on the DR and went for a little ride from Pine Ck up to Adelaide River via Grove Hill Pub and then back. About 6 hours in all. Roughly just over 300kms.

Was a great day riding through different environments and travelling on surfaces ranging from two wheel tracks through to the Stuart Highway which in places is as good as it gets. Some of the creeks were completely dry as you would expect at this time of year but there was still running water at Adelaide River.

Was a bit odd heading out to work on a day off but I didn’t have to go all the way. Lots of old cars etc in the bush up here including this bus. Wonder what happened to Frank?? “J

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Grove Hill Pub is a trip and they haven’t dusted in years. It has it’s charm and has a lot of potential. Quite a few cool old cars parked up rusting away. Got there around 11am which is normally too early for a beer for me but fuck it, it was Sunday and I was on a bike. Lots of old cars etc there. Also kind of a museum as well with old bedrooms set up as they were back in the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even got to see some local Gold

[​IMG]

Followed the dirt up towards Adelaide River and stopped for a steak sanga, chips and a couple beers. There was a group of “Patriots” out for a ride and trying to look all ‘ard, I think its too many episodes of Sons of Anarchy and shopping in HD dealerships. Love it when guys like that don’t return a wave because Im on the DR, yet I most likely have more years riding HDs under my belt and more of them at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a yummy lunch I went off to find some underground WW2 hospitals but couldn’t locate them following my mates phone instruction and as I was alone and starting to wander well and truly off the beaten track decided to back track and instead went to pay my respects at the Adelaide River War Memorial. Its keep in Tip Top condition but always sad seeing how young some of the guys were that died fighting to keep us free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that a little detour on the way home to ride somewhere new and it wouldn’t be the NT without a fire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A great way to spend a day and the Coopers Pale Ale is going down a teat. Was a good thing to do as this Friday I start a 3,000+ km trip home. Until then. Over and out.
  2. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Good stuff Pete, enjoyed that - thanks..:clap
  3. Top Bloke

Top Bloke Porky Rider

Oddometer:
    Did you use a cigarette lighter or matches?:rofl
  4. Tanami

Tanami Under The Weather

Oddometer:
    thanks for sharing that. nice ride.
  5. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks loved the pic of the gold .
  6. rodmuzwa

rodmuzwa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great post and great pics. That steak sanga looks bloody nice too! Would love to get up to NT on the bike one day buts lots of WA to explore first.
  7. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice work. Thanks for taking the time to share your ride:clap:clap
  8. philth

philth www.motorbikin.com.au

Oddometer:
    good stuff!
  9. scrobs

scrobs Armchair Drifter

Oddometer:
    Nice
    My lad has just done 2 weeks out of Pine Creek. Surveying.
    Very interesting area.
    Thanks
    Scrobs