Middle TN-Diners, Drive-Ins, Dives and Inmates

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by ride2little, Jul 8, 2010.

1. istbenz

istbenz Mustachioed Marauder

Oddometer:
    I'll see you guys there :dg

BA
  2. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:

Ain't you supposed to be kicking rocks or something?
  3. ride2little

ride2little Riding Like the Wind

Oddometer:
    Ah the R N R. Glad to see that the press hasn't completely ruined the gulf coast.

As for FOOD... Bummed that I can't make it this weekend. Remember fella's. "portion-control".
  4. rob feature

rob feature pull my finger

Oddometer:
    On break. Kicking rocks soon enough.

So in the meantime I'm brushing up on my margarita skillz.

And resting up for the LSD party:

LSD IS BACK! The temperature is rising, so slip on your favorite LSD (Little Sun Dress) and chill out upstairs at the Boatyard!

The hottest party on the Coast is for a good cause, raising money to fight breast cancer. Slip into your favorite LSD for a beautiful classic and FUN night out! Boatyard salutes beautiful women at their beautiful best!

You could win a beautiful designer little black dress from Envy Boutique... or a 3/4 carat diamond from Majaraja of India!
    Cool off with a tall frosty complimentary flute of champagne for all ladies in their best little sun dress, plus, each lady receives a custom LSD gift bag full of goodies and discounts at all your favorite shops, salons and fun spots. There are stylish gifts for everyone, and Chef Konrad has cooked up a delicious assortment of yummy and free little edibles for the Ladies.

Blue Angels in the morning. LSD in the evening. Life is good! :D
  5. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went to that two years ago when I lived there. Hold on to your wallet and take ALOT of pictures. :evil
  6. Drowsy Dave

Drowsy Dave Square Peg, No Hole

Oddometer:

Pics of you in your Little Sun Dress are not needed. :nah

Thanks anyway.
  7. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rob has got the dreamiest thighs....:lol3
  8. istbenz

Oddometer:
    :puke2

BA
  9. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:
    :poser :huh ... i thank we gona have to keep a eye on them.
  10. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got my on you too Occifer.... :evil
  11. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    stop the flirting

12. Drowsy Dave

Oddometer:
    Found myself riding through Ashland City yesterday around 5PM and was sitting at the stop light next to Strattons. Wifey was working at the hospital and I was alone for dinner so on the spur of the moment I pulled in. I was able to go straight to a table but I just barely beat the crowd. By the time I left they were lined up out the door and had a waiting list. I think 4PM on Saturday will keep us from having to wait.

I had a cheese burger, onion rings and a shake. Everything was hand made. The burger was obviously hand patted. The lettuce and tomato looked like they came from a local garden. The onion rings were hand cut and battered, and the strawberry bananna shake was hand made and had chunks of fruit in it. Nothing I could see looked like it came from Sysco or any other supplier. Good food. Very reasonable price. The building has seen better days and has been well used but that just adds to the atmosphere. I regret I've never stopped in before now. For someone used to eating in chain resturants where everything from the food to the decor has a "sameness" feel about it, this was a nice break. Had a real local family operated vibe about it.

Looking forward to another go round on Saturday. :dg
  13. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    4pm - Got it.

I'm afraid there will not be a "slow" time on a Saturday. This place means alot to many of the people here in Cheatham County. First dates, after game meals, big night out on the small town, this is an Ashland City landmark.

Just sayin', you might want a snack while we wait in line.
  14. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Late update - I'm out.

Hate to miss it, catch you next time.
  15. istbenz

Oddometer:
    Unacceptable

BA
  16. Drowsy Dave

Oddometer:
    Just got back...

We ended up skipping out on Strattons cause it was going to be an hour wait. Went down the street and hit a Mexican place. It was good.

istbenz, threadkiller, Gil and....and...ummm...dangit I forgot his handle. He's a member here but hardly ever posts and just happened to be riding by. I hope he chimes in.

Ya know, we got to talking and I completely forgot to take pics. Brian got one just as we were gearing up to leave.

Anyhow, it was good to meet you guys. And remember, what happens in Ashland City, stays in Ashland City. :wink:
  17. istbenz

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The Inmates after a fine meal at El Rey Mexican Restaurant in Ashland City :beer

Had a great time with the guys even though we were unable to eat at Stratton's. A nice little ride home on some backroads proved to be quite enjoyable (it always is!). Matt and I were talking about a little road that he came in on but he couldn't get his GPS to cooperate and tell us where it was. I just set out and headed in the general home direction avoiding as many main roads as I could. I ran across this creek crossing along the way-
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the Adventure Ninja had no trouble :lol3 (I know, I know, it was only about a foot deep but it was a first for it)

Piddled south a bit more on little roads til I ended up in the hood down by Meherry (my Second Ammendment rights made me feel at ease as I was passing through:gun1).

From there I explored Downtown Nashvegas a bit more and hopped on the interstate and headed home. I was cruising along when I passed this guy-
    [​IMG]
    all I can say is WOW! :huh

Hope to see some more of you guys at next month's get together.

BA
  18. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know, I know...but I actually had a date! :crash Wifey wanted to see a movie, and had a taste for Carrabba's.

I was afraid there would be a long wait. El Rey was an excellent 2nd choice.

That must be Marrowbone Creek, at Big Marrowbone Road. Dropped a KLR there once, in Febuary!
  19. _RZ_

_RZ_ Peace, Love & a .45

Oddometer:
    I resemble that remark, except it wasn't me!
    Sorry I couldn't make it - granddaughters 6th birthday party today! (I'm 38 ... don't bother doing the math - what happens in AC stays in AC, right!?)

It's unanimous - ElRays was definitely the best second choice!
  20. kdtrull

kdtrull Alpha Nerd

Oddometer:
    I hate that I didn't get to meet some more of the central TN gang.
    I didn't get started until about 11:30 this morning and did too much goofin' around on the way up. Made it to just south of Centerville when I realized I'd never make it to AC by 4:00. Goofed around Hickman, Perry, Decatur, Wayne counties some more then headed home. There's a lot of fine exploring to be done in that area. I got caught in a queen mother beeotch of a storm and made it back to the house about 10:00.
    Anyway....maybe I can make the next one.