Northern Riders SIGN IN!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZZR_Ron, Nov 20, 2006.

1. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    The difference between PL PD and full coverage on my BMWs was about $100 per bike. With the KLRs I put as a minimum comprehensive on them to cover smacking a hooved rodent (deer). The comprehensive (500 deductible) coverage is about $50 per bike for the year.

Taking the BMWs up to TBay for blues fest tomorrow. Camping at my daughters place.
  2. FINNDIAN

FINNDIAN Mine goes to 11

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you've been following the thread but Keith and Bryan from New Zealand are doing the Trans Canada Adventure trail (tcat) and are were here last night.
    If anyone that can provide any input on any needed, go arounds on the route north of thunder bay or ride along it would be much appreciated.
    there is a tcat thread here on the forum also.

www.graveltravel.ca
  3. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    12kms past Graham road on the old rail bed was washed out for GPSkevin, not sure if it's been fixed, doubt it (saw the photos of it, impassible). Turn south back down Graham road to the highway and then come back up north on the highway out of Ignace. Skip the trail section between Silver Dollar gas station and Sioux Lookout as it has two large washouts and private property and you'd be doing a lot of back tracking. Head north out of Sioux Lookout and back onto the trail and your good to go!
  4. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    That washout between Sioux Lookout and Silver Dollar has been there quite a while. This is how we got across one of them on the 2006 Icebreaker.
    [​IMG]
  5. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    There's a least three washout's then, I didn't even get to that one. The first on was about 200 yds in from highway and I made it thru that one with a fully loaded KLR but the second one was big and deep, didn't want to try it with the KLR being I was riding solo, so I had to back track quite a ways just to get to the highway again. The section where it crosses the highway was gated and private property. This was all back in 2010.
  6. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Hot ride up. It was +32c in Kakabeka but as soon as we hit the lake effect it dropped to a perfect 22c. Within an hour the wind switched and back up to 30c. Sitting at Blues Fest now. Fabulous evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame spelling mistakes on autocorrect
  7. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    WooHoo! Have a blast!:clap
  8. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm out on my deck on Court St. right now listening too. Funny - I had to make a couple of runs to the dump today. While at the dump - the temp read-out on the car said 30C. As soon as I returned to my place - it said 22C. The cycle kept repeating itself each time I did a run.

Mike
  9. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Just came from another shake down ride, thought you'd be at the Blues Fest, so I didn't drive by...not that I know where your house is anyway :lol3 Came in from plus 30c and it felt like the arctic when I hit downtown. First thought was I could've tested my electric vest down here! :rofl I'll post a vid of the ride a little later.

Bike ran excellent...ready for the big trips now...I think :evil
  10. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    The only problem i EVER had with my KLR was the rear shock, which i rebuilt for 28 bucks.
  11. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    Had the front and rear suspension upgraded with heavier springs, new seals and new oil, should be no problem there. Only problem I might have is with the electrical accessory blocks and wiring that I put in but hopefully I did a good job of it and I'll check it periodically anyway.
  12. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Got back from Thunder Bay on the Bandit last night. I is in the market for either a touring mount, or a new seat. Bloody painful! Need a butt transplant.
    Lyle
  13. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Ok Lyle, that's it... Get rid of it!!! Stop talking about it !!!
    Go out to the shed, get the Moose Gun, put a cap in its ass and sink it in a lake !!!
    On another note!!!
    We were treated to the Yamaha bikes this week, with three dealers having demo days, a few AdV guys had a chance to test the rides.

For you I would suggest the FJR, hight adjustable seat, sport/touring mode, luggage included and 200 kph plus top end!!! Nice.

My choice for best buy, the Bolt, a sportster on steroids ... Not suggesting you can tour on it, but a fun bike to ride.
  14. gumbellion

gumbellion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully the weather works out better for you guys tomorrow for your ride home than for me today. Went up to Nipigon to visit, and lauren and I were planning on going to blues fest today and I was going to head out tomorrow. Weather looked crap tomorrow but alright today.So we diecided i would leave today to stay dry, I was wrong. It rained from shabaqua to fort on me, torrential down pours at times. Had to stop at quetico north for soup and to change the under layers.

The ride there on Thurs was perfect though
  15. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    You need some Klim gear 100% waterproof!
    Yes we got a few showers after about 5ish but at 7 the heavens opened up and the place got soaked. Headed home. Still one more day of BF so staying here until Monday. Looks like the weather is improving and the ride home should be cooler and maybe a passing shower.
  16. Lappeman

Oddometer:
    I did a second test run of about 60kms with the boxes on and loaded with tools. Visited Terry Fox lookout and swung by the marina before heading home. Bike ran great and I think it's ready for a long trip :evil Hopefully the next video I upload will be a ride report to a far away location :lol3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v7za9OVo4j0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what happened to the Blues Festival? It seemed to start at around 2:30PM instead of 12PM on Saturday. And then I only heard a few acts - between long periods of silence. Did most of the acts get a chance to play despite the rain?

Mike
  18. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Robert, looking pretty good. :D
  19. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    Went down there at 1 and stayed until the huge downpour around 7 or 8. It became a woodstock water pit after that and my chair broke. We had seen Los Lobos and Lonely Boys before so leaving or staying in the rain was an easy decision. Looks like the rain has past so ready for a cooler but clear day 3 and a nice sunny ride home tomorrow..

Yes as far as i know all the acts were a go.
  20. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    The weather forecast for toady "was supposed to be cooler".... 21 C which was to provide some relief while I work on my deck modifications.

[​IMG]

I guess I am going riding instead

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk