New MotoPumps MiniPro Inflator (with ADV inmate bonus)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motopumps, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Motopumps

Motopumps Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. I will see about having some neoprene cases made that are just big enough for the pump.

There is always that natural tension in the product creation and engineering to make it big enough to fill every possible need, and small enough/light enough to just do the job well with nothing left over.

Rob

2. rollin45

rollin45 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to let you know my pump got here safe and sound. The packaging appeared to have worked flawlessly. Long trip out here to Utah, and the last few miles was by pony express. Thanks Rob, will pass the word about a great product and fast service.

rollin'
  3. Duelsporter

Duelsporter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Forgot to mention I received mine in good condition as well. I agree with the comment above that I wish the neoprene bag was sized for the pump only (only because space seems to be at a premium on my bikes). Thanks!
  4. ADKADVRider

ADKADVRider Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1, It's funny, I got my pump a couple of weeks ago and my first recation when opening the packaging was I wish the bag was sized for the pump only. Other than that it looks like a solid well put together piece of equipment.
  5. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I followed the Paypal link from this page to order a pump and Paypal is automatically adding on more international (Canada) shipping on top. I can't seem to not have this on even though I have selected the international option.

Any little help?

Thanks
  6. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Hang on a minute, let me poke at that.

Stand by-

Rob

7. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Ok, all International shipping costs are now being handled at checkout instead of in the button itself. Much cleaner, and it actually works now. :huh
  8. Motopumps

Oddometer:

Here is my official explanation. Based on your sig, it was trying to ship to Tunisia and Canada...:evil Hence the double charge.

Thanks for pointing out the problem!

Ride Safe!
  9. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been trying to pull together some kind of tire repair kit for a street bike. Help me out here. I have been looking at the stop n go mini compressor and the slime 40001. They are quite a bit cheaper than 70.00.

I am not trying to be a dick but what is the difference and I noticed on the box the best one you sell is made in china? I always would rather help out the small business man if possible. I just need something to air up a tire after its plugged just in case. Thanks.
  10. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    I still sell the SLIME Power Sport Inflator, and used to sell the Stop & Go inflator. Had too many failures with the S&G. It is very, very, very light duty. Both of those pumps are made in China.

The PSI is good, but lacks features that the MotoPumps Mini Pro has.

Yes, $70 is not cheap, but neither is the Mini Pro. It cost me $70 yesterday to fill up the gas tank in my van. We spent more than that on dinner for three last week. That stuff is or will be gone in a week... The inflator will last a long time.

The Mini Pro inflator is built in a factory in Taiwan. The factory is ISO 9001/14000 certified. The pump is RoHs compliant and CE certified for sale in the European Union. It has TUV certification.

Aside from all that pedigree, it has a feature set that no other pump on the market has.
    3.5' urethane air hose with a zero loss connector. Polarity protection circuit with warning light. LED worklight. Amazing to have at night on the side of the road.
    LED backlit pressure gauge that is easy to read, steady and very accurate.
    Very efficient, fan cooled motor and pump that only draws 6amps, but pumps like it draws 10. Onboard storage of the 10' of power cord, SAE and Cig Plug, sports inflators for balls, rafts, sleeping pads, etc.

You could pay $100 for a Cycle Pump, made in the US from Chinese parts, $125 with an inline pressure gauge. Still doesn't have any of the other features the Mini Pro has, and it weighs twice as much without the gauge.

If you want a deal on a SLIME PSI or a Classic MotoPump, check out my website. Deals to be had at all levels of pricing and features...

www.motopumps.com
  11. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You have convinced me. I cant buy this second but book marked your site and will buy the deluxe kit. I like the case being little over sized for other things for what its worth.

Its funny how I bitch about having to buy cheap junk all of the time and then when something comes along that is really a lot better I bitch about the price. The thing that convinced me is that this thing should hang in there a long long time no more than I would hopefully need it. It hurts now but quality stuff pays off down the road.

Thanks for the explanation on things.
  12. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, got one ordered. My Paypal is only linked to Canada with Canadian addresses. Thanks for sorting it out.

13. Ron700

Ron700 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob,

This is a really great pump and I'm very happy about my purchase. Just wish the Neoprene case was a bit smaller (maybe without the accessories portion).

If at some point you do have smaller cases, I'd be interested. Thx.
  14. clapped_r6

clapped_r6 The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer:
    +1
  15. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    No problem at all to include an SAE- BMW plug, or convert the Cig Plug to a combo cig plug/BMW plug. Have been doing it for years with the first generation MotoPumps.

Make sure you are not on a CAN BUS circuit as they only allow 5 amps draw...

If you are interested, let me know.

Rob
  16. RexBuck

RexBuck Long timer

Oddometer:
    The problem with all? BMW plugs . . . useless for heavier applications like drawing more than 5 amps like heated gear.

Sent from my Galaxy 4 using Tapatalk
  17. cba191

cba191 wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer:
    Just ordered. Now if it would only warm up.
  18. 75monza

75monza Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it helps. I have purchased 4 of the slime pumps in the last 2 years. They keep breaking on me. One just didn't work when I got it out one day (luckily I was at home). I watched 2 others shake themselves to pieces while in use. (I even took one of them apart and tried repairing it but that didn't hold up either).

So for me, if I can get more than 2 years out of this motopump, that is cheaper than my current investment in the slime pumps.

19. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
    Frist let me say love the pump! And the hose connect ,I hated the other kind..
    But I too did not need the big bag and all the extras ,so I put the pump in the old Slime case and gave the bag to my wife w/ the old slime and she was happy too! two are better than one right!

GREAT PUMP, and great vendor....:D
  20. Shooby

Shooby Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had been looking at both but had reservations due to "light duty".

Buy right, buy once.

Ordering now..

BTW - I'll need the BMW din cord. Thanks!

Edit - Order placed. Forgot to make note of need for BMW cord in the Paypal comments sections.
    - Paul S