1200GS & Adv Product

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by kildala2000, Dec 21, 2007.

1. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Rick,
    Count me in for the rear brake cover!:deal
    PM'd ya
  2. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    [/quote]

Paypal sent!! :clap
    Can't wait to check out the new gear you have been working on! I have a wunderlich cover but my guess this will put that to shame!
  3. NYC - GS

NYC - GS Kevin

Oddometer:
    Rick,

Can you post a picture of the guard from the back side (i.e. showing the mounting hardware, etc.).

Thanks
  4. Velocifer

Velocifer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick,
    I received the rear brake fluid cover yesterday. Nice piece of work, and thanks for the prompt service.
    The cover will be sitting on display in my living room for a while; another snowstorm on the way tomorrow.
    V.
  5. FujoSana

FujoSana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rick,

Nice work on the TPS and rear res. guard. Great fit, and sharp looking. Also, thanks for the immediate shipment from the great white north (at least the great wet north given your locale).

Cheers,

Steve
  6. Indochine

Indochine 'Bikes are OK, but . . .

Oddometer:
    Just sent you an email re TPS and rear brake fluid shields.

chrs
  7. motoreiter

motoreiter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Noticed that no one had posted pix of the front reservoir guards after mounting, so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    This fits great, Rick used my bike for the template. It uses strong rubber coated pipe clamps for the fitting with nylon lock nuts and bolts. Since installed I have been to death valley and back up the coast on some seriously bad roads and some dirt trails and it is going strong. Nice to hear the ting of flying rocks hit the plate instead of the bike parts!
  9. PacWestGS

PacWestGS Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Got everything in the mail today, already bolted on! :thumb

Have a great vacation...:D
  10. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    :clap

:baldy drove the car today to charge the battery!!
    Need a battery tender for the dust gathering cage me thinks!
  11. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    [/quote]
    ...Here it is ! :clap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. hdgypsyman

hdgypsyman Part Time Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought an oversized rear rack for a F650GS from Rick and I am very pleased with the fit and finish. i will be buying more from this fine fellow in the future!
  13. buraksan

buraksan Burak

Oddometer:
    Dear Rick,

Last week I received the TPS and brake res. cover, and fat foot from my cousin in the US, so he sent me those to Turkey with a friend. I've installed them this weekend on my '06 GSA, very simple installation, great stuff. You can see the pics..

The only thing would be for the rear brake res. cover, which touches my seat (I circled with blue). So I had to put a small sort of cushion (you can see the tiny black thing between the seat and the cover at the touching point) in or to protect the seat leather from any cutting especially when I sit on it. I don't know if it's something regarding the GSA seat (I use it at the lowest) or if normal GS's has the same problem.. But anyway, good stuff and I'm happy with them.

Take care.

Burak

Attached Files:

14. buraksan

buraksan Burak

Oddometer:
    photo of the TPS cover on my GSA

Attached Files:

15. buraksan

buraksan Burak

Oddometer:
    Photo of the fat foot on my GSA

Attached Files:

16. Rdy2Trvl

Rdy2Trvl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Kildala
    If there is stock available, I'd like to add some of your products onto my 07 GS Adventure.

I'd like the

Black oil cooler guard
    Rear brake fluid cover
    Front brake reservoir guard
    TPS cover

Thanks
  17. gonzo2k

gonzo2k Adliberator

Oddometer:
    Ordered the oil cooler guard from Rick... R1150GSA plate.
    Nice workmanship as with all of Kildala's products.
    I also have his centerstand skid plate and the autocom mount (mounts under the diagnostic plug) on my '04 Adventure.

Don't know about the 1200 install for the cooler plate, but here's how I installed it on my 1150:

Remove the 2 torx bolts on the front airfoil and remove.
    Unscrew headlight adjuster completely (clutch side).
    Remove 3 torx bolts (1 top/2 side) and remove plastic headlight housing.
    Remove 2 hex bolts holding headlight assembly (1 each side) and slide the entire assembly out (leave all wires connected). This will provide clearance to drop the cooler guard into place. It goes in almost vertically and snaps between the oil cooler fins and fender.
    Rick includes a strip of adhesive foam which I placed top center of the cooler fins for vibration damping.
    Make sure the guard is straight horizontally and reinstall parts in reverse order.
    Don't forget to pop the parking light back in the socket on the headlight assembly if it came out when moved. It's much easier to put in place before the hex bolts are tightened. Same advice for the threaded adjuster shaft bolt... get it seated in the nylon pivot before you put the headlight assembly in place.

20 minutes... tops. Looks great and should protect well.
  18. SenorFeliz

SenorFeliz hangin' out

Oddometer:
    cool! bring it on! anyone who has dealt with Rick knows his customer service it second to none:thumb . looking forward to dealing with him again and again and again............

19. bobzilla

bobzilla Dirty Old Man

Oddometer:
    Just a note about the product and service you get from Rick. I bought a rack for my F650 from Rick and then sold the bike before I even opened the package. Since I did not let the new rack go with the sale, so I put it up on Flea market. The first day its on, Rick pm's me to let me know I can return it for credit or a refund. I did not really want to bother him with that so I left it on for a bit longer and then Rick pm's me an asks if I can send it out to one of his customers for him. Awesome.
    The 1150 Adv I got when I sold the 650 was pretty well set up so I was not really looking for much but a rear rack would be nice for it also. Got it in the mail yesterday and all I can say is GREAT. Real nice!
    In this day when crappy customer service is the norm, its good to find someone that has a good quality product, and goes the extra step to help his customers out.
    Thanks Rick
    Bob
  20. imacad

imacad Banned

Oddometer:
    Just got a shipment of stuff from Rick.
    Easy to work with and shipping was fast. I'll post pics when my bike gets in :D