L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Longerday

Longerday Been here awhile

Oddometer:

GREAT!
    I don't think i'll get my bike back from Eric's before Sunday, but a full moon ride sounds awesome. I Better get a heavier-duty light setup...seems my TE610 came stock with a Fischer Price flashlight.

Thanks for the heads-up! You'll be seeing my ugly mug soon enough!
  2. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Full moon rides happen once a month (hence, FULL MOON). This is perfect scheduling as it gives your liver time to heal:freaky :1drink :photog :ricky :beer :dutch :loaded
  3. qwiksilver

qwiksilver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whatcha riding?

Mine is past it's 600 mile mark and ain't getting anything until payday at the end of the month.
  4. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Ride planning usually consists of:
    1. Where are we going?
    2. Where are we eating?
    :lol3 Check this forum...there is generally a ride every weekend...locally and a bit farther out. Brent (Riceless950) has some great rides out his way too.

I dion't think we've had a Husky pilot in the group yet. Them TE's are nice bikes! Be prepared to be surrounded by orange :lol3
  5. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    fair enough....:evil

Bike is fixed....Big tank got delivered yesterday so......that is the new project.....I am riding this weekend....just don'e know where yet...
  6. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :jack

<TABLE class=tborder id=post7911869 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal">Yesterday, 11:33 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#2159 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Longerday<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7911869", true); </SCRIPT>
    yamajama

http://www.advrider.com/forums/image.php?u=92440&dateline=1221720150

Oddometer: 3

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_7911869><!-- message -->Hello all

- I'm looking for riding comrades in LA and I think i found the right place!

I live up near BigT and i understand there's a group of you riding up in my area pretty much every weekend - i've probably seen you go by!

My baby is getting her 600 mi service this weekend - I am FINALLY ready to open'er up and explore!!

What's standard procedure for the Sat Sun rides? Pack a lunch?
    Any suggestions for a first time tagalong?
    <!-- / message -->
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

First of all "Welcome to the community"

No reason to miss our rides....like Razr was saying, we have a sat and sun rides! We have a good and friendly group.

Joel
  7. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    mike its a well made piece ,fit perfect:clap u riden fri nite?
  8. mike toon

mike toon AKA Mr Pastrami

Oddometer:
    I might have to join you guys one of these mornings if I can get these 63 yr old bones moving that early. Been in Burbank since 1952 and have been all over these hills.

Just bought a 2001 DR650 (needs tires) after reading all these stories about your local rides.

`Chains, you are my hero with the camera. I usually take several dozen and I'm guilty of almost crashing trying to get that perfect shot. I see you have the tecnique down pat.

Now to get motavited and find some boots.......

[​IMG]
  9. nsfw

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike, our rides are mixed nOObs and advanced. There are always challenging off shoots and detours on our rides where the expert riders can have fun while the nOObs ride conservatively on the fire roads.

The best part of our rides, we get to eat and drink after or halfway on our ride.

The helicopter, is that at our disposal...:lol3
  10. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Coming down to the wire and virtually none of the work I was doing before KM is complete except removing the ABS and running new brake lines, and cutting off and unbolting worthless piece after worthless piece. Damn kids take too much time:lol3 No matter what I will be there, even if it means putting all of my old shit back on.....well those pieces that didn't meet Mr Sawzall:D
  11. nsfw

Oddometer:

Why wait for the weekend when you can ride tomorrow night?

I know, you're worried about the flashback....Mike, if you don't confront your fear, it will never leave you......:lol3

[​IMG]
  12. nsfw

Oddometer:

:ear
  13. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    Face your fears :D :lol3

Attached Files:

• bus.jpg
      bus.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
  14. mike toon

mike toon AKA Mr Pastrami

Oddometer:
    That chopper is staioned at the fire supperssion camp up the trail past the Bear Divide ranger station. (up from the rest area) Nobody around and I could't pass the photo op.

Good guys and they do air rescue!

[​IMG]
  15. grinder96

grinder96 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn nowwhat, they won't let up on that bus! You better get some miles in with them so they can forget recent history!
  16. Oni

Oni Ronin

Oddometer:
    We just kid him 'cause we love him :beer
    Our whole group stood on the side of the 5 not more than 15 minutes after he told us about his flat front tire on the freeway on a previous ride. Deja vu.

[​IMG]
  17. nsfw

Oddometer:
    it's payback time for me :ksteve

[​IMG]
  18. reBARman

reBARman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    first off, Joel, congrats on your 1 year DS anniversary. I have only ridden with you twice, but your passion for motorcycling and the ADV community is very apparent. It has been a pleasure riding with you, and the others I've met on this site :thumb

This Sat, I'm thinking of doing a more GS like ride; Heading out to Carrizo for some dirt (probably Elkhorn Grade, then back on the 33 through the los padres forest and ojai. Or, heading up to SCD and Newcombs. Not sure yet, but I'm definately getting out this weekend! Anyone is welcome to join me...

Toby
  19. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    bwhahaha....Friday night,.....how about .....ummm....no F'n way.....:D ....

I want to enjoy my bike for the last few wweks before Death Valley....:evil ..

ohh...and I signed up for Rich Oliver's Mystery School...

http://www.richoliver.net/FunCampMain.html

next time I will just slide right around that phucker....
  20. Longerday

Longerday Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up and the welcomes! Finally some company!!!! I won't have to be "only the lonely" on some forgotten mining road at 7pm wondering if the last two turns were a left and a right....or was that a right and a left?

and I Love the Hef on tap at Newcombs! woohoo!

I am riding an 08 Husky TE610, by the way! A true beast but i haven't had it above 5500 rpms!!! can't wait!

on another note...
    Do you guys ever head to Hungry Valley? I made it out there once, on a Thursday, by myself, all alone and scared....that place is so fun and insane! I'd love to go back with someone who knows the trails - especially farther up that gold creek road...

Cheers!