S.W. Florida rides

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by DualSportDad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Josh you missed a great night after you left. girls were a plenty and they didn't seem to mind our dirty assed selves. on the way home i decided to have a shit ton of fun in a feild i found to be open....... it had a little more water in it than i expected though. the new gear setup went right through ti though no problem. my clothes are soaked though and the bike is covered in grass.

Sunday for the Glades i'm in 100% i can'yt wait to do that weak ass ride again for some reason.

Roll call fools!
  2. Eickey

Eickey Underwater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    where are ya'll ridin in the Glades? Perhaps sometime we could do an east meets west....
  3. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    this weekend, Loop rd. mert us ther then we'll ride to iron Rhino.
  4. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And next weekend...? :huh
  5. Supermotard110

Supermotard110 SUPERMOTIVATED!!!

Oddometer:
    Yeah this sunday 8/24/08 we are doing and everglades ride. Probably hit up the squares, then Turner River road and Loop road.

Eastcoast meeting up the Westcoast FL for a ride??? Thats a great idea. Looks like we have about 5-6 of us from SW Florida that is in for sundays ride. How many guys from the eastcoast want to join in?? Make sure you invite Manny Puig the shark/alligator guy from MTV's Jackass so we can watch him wrestle alligators again on Loop Road!!! LOL.....:lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Josh
  6. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey fellows, :wave

Me and my riding buddy Anthony are interested in joining the ride this Sunday.

Where is everyone meeting? There is a great breakfast spot off Collier Blvd called SawGrass that I highly recommend, it is on the east side of Golden Gate City. I've got a suggestion for a road too; who's the "ride captain"?

Rodney
  7. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey Rodney we will be leaving ft. myers, heading to Naples to meet up with some people then riding through the squares and Janes scenic drive to get to 29. i'll have a btter idea of a route and where we will meeting another couple riders at in Naples. you live in Naples right?
  8. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, I live in Golden Gate Estates. We can meet at the BP station on the east side of Collier Blvd (951) just north of I-75 or where ever. There is a road that runs from Collier Blvd to Miller, you can then hook up to Stewart on to Jane's. I haven't been on it lately but my buddy Anthony rode his R1200GS on it a few weeks ago and said it was pretty wet; I'm sure it has surpassed wet right on to Eff'n DEEP....... :eek1 :lol3

I am going to be out for the afternoon but you can call me on my cell @ 289 2009

Rodney
  9. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    i think we will be heading down Immokolee road to 951 to golden gate to everglades parkway. that close to your house? i don't know much about Naples at all.
  10. 1camwonder

1camwonder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alex, let me know where you guys end up meeting at so I could tag along.
  11. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    sweet you got it. a better way would probly be for you and Rodney to talk with each other and pick a spot that will be on the route we'll be taking. i have no idea about what is around the area and where a good place to meet would be. Adam you can call me at any time tonight as well. i'm heading out to bike night right now to meet up with a few people.
  12. Eickey

Eickey Underwater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    a few guys are meeting in the everglades park off US 27. maybe we can ride out on 41 out towards loop road. PM me your number and I'll call or text you in the a.m. and see where your at...
  13. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM Sent to 1Cam and FMY.

Rodney
  14. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

I haven't heard from anyone so me and my buddy are going to meet at Sawgrass Grill for breakfast at 8AM tomorrow morning. Anyone wanting a good, reasonably priced breakfast is more then welcome to join us. We will be heading east from there when finished eating...... :dg

If we aren't able to hook up with the main group please keep your eye open for a KTM 625 (me) and my buddy on his Yellow DRz.

I'll have my phone 289~2009 but it will be turned off and in a double plastic bag so leave a message if you want.

Oh, The Sawgrass is located here. http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&q=Sawgrass+Grill+Naples,+FL&fb=1&cid=2960025620881005564&li=lmd&t=h&ll=26.187483,-81.687212&spn=0.05068,0.089865&z=14&iwloc=A
    Rodney :freaky
  15. 1camwonder

1camwonder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    DirtMerchant I just sent you a pm.

Alex, I'll meet you guys at the mobil at the corner of vanderbelt and 951 around 8:30 liked we talked about on the phone. It will be on your right if your heading south on 951 in the sweetbay plaza. I'm gonna swing by on my way and see if I can pick up Dirtmerchant and his friend or at least touch base with them.

My cell is 438-8267 for everyone, if nobody is abe to find each other in the morning we at least got some contact numbers.

I look forward to meeting everyone and finally being able to ride with a few others for a change. Rididng alone sucks soooo bad.

See everyone in the morning!
  16. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    anyone want to try to have breakfast with these guys? doesn't sound like a bad idea to eat a healthy meal before going out and beating ourselves up a little. if so maybe we'll meet you for breakfast but we'll be a little late. post up here if you wanna eat there so i'll know not to eat before we leave.
  17. rich_mc

rich_mc Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer:
    I'll be @ Sawgrass @ 8....But I have to be back home by 11:30 to go north to visit in-laws...See ya,

Rich
  18. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    ah come on Rich don't bitch out on us. lets get that DRZ of your dirty before it goes bye bye. Rich give me call in the AM or right now if you're still up. i'll be up for about another hour. My buddy Billy's dad is a salesman at Harley and told me to have you come see him. he'll try to find you a new or used bike at what your looking to spend. even if it's at another store. he'll hook it up, he's a good guy.
  19. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    you guys ready to get wet? lets do this! :clap
  20. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    we are going to meet up with you guys for breakfast. Adam meet us there. Billy is on his way right now and i'm meeting up with Josh here soon. we'll probly be there around 8-8:30