World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the T-50, and the T-50-2, and IMPO with the scout nerf / physics change there isn't enough difference between the two to justify running the slightly faster, much costlier to repair - T-50-2. :deal
  3. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I thought the 50-2's gun was meaner?

Sure, not much against big tanks, but for big arty if and when you do catch them I'd want penetration. Plus I've seen some really good 50-2 guys tear lone tanks up.

Apparently the VK2801 used to be a little secret weapon of some players on the NA server. I think a -G- guy told me that it had changed since he used to play it a lot, but I run pure Gold rounds in mine, for if and when I do have to shoot I'll probably need to finish off a tank. Otherwise I would have stayed camouflaged. For example, I scouted a tier nine E-50 at the halfway point of a map, and he eventually came up along side of me. He was far enough away that H didn't see my little 2801, so I waited for my team to pummel him. Problem was, he was far up enough that he was lighting some of them, and shooting at them with that good gun of his. Two or three VK2801 Gold rounds into his side and he was dead. (which really should have been a big step toward winning, but they managed to lose it somehow later anyhow).

I can see how my T21 engagement skills are applying to just about any lighter tank I run anymore, and the VK2801 is no exception, except that I try to not engage at all with the 2801.
  4. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I can't believe they want to nerf this thing:lol3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, my T21 has a lovely gun on it. I was doing the Hellcat shuffle the other day with a Tiger (lighting him then pulling back to fire twice then repeat) while I waited for the rest of the team to react. By the time the first person hit the tiger from my team, other than me, it had 300 hp left. The gun has some decent pen with meager damage, but is accurate at range enough to hit the weak points.

I am looking forward to getting the T71.
  6. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your poor neglected loader :deal

Honestly you did not recieve much potential damage for that tank which is the main focus of the nerf they want to do.
  7. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    maybe a bit - it's a tier V instead of a tier IV.

My personal experience with the two hasn't shown enough difference between the two to merit the high repair bill of the 50-2. YMMV.
  8. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    As opposed to dishonestly? :scratch

You sound like a used car salesman Sam :D
    "To tell you the truth...."

er.. I would assume you are ALWAYS telling the truth.. but now that you started a sentence with that phrase, I'll assume otherwise :rofl
  9. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    :rofl

err... now wait a minute on that car salesman comment...

Does anyone really think that the SP is OP compared to the IS-6? I fight both all the time, and find both balanced (the IS-6 having the better gun). All it takes is the usuall mistake of a SP driver to show some side to me and I can pen him more reliably, but it's not as if shooting and penning the rocket pods is too much of a challenge. Sure, it takes good aim and only about 70% of shots hit there do anything, but then I've never thought it was tough enough to rebalance.

If I don't own one (so I have no dog in this fight), fight them all the time, and still don't see the need for a nerf - something tells me that they don't need a nerf.

----

In other news, CRABRON clan is hell-bent on fighting us each night, so we've been essentially eliminated out of the campaign. I was in a battle with them last night where we actually did space out for a well-balanced defense, and despite camo and waiting for them, and having binocs on my tank, we were shot and and most of us killed before we ever saw them. It was crazy - borderlining on even having me questioning any potential cheats in the game (and that is the first time I've ever brought that up in my two years of playing).

From a better defensive position than two nights ago, we ended 1 to 15 (so we killed ONE of their tanks). My clan may not be Unicums, but the odds against what happened, and the outcome, were too huge for me to ever guess that would have been the result of a good defense on Redshire.
  10. Theaty Hannington

Theaty Hannington Long timer

Oddometer:
    The T21 is one of my favorite tanks in the game, and one of the first to drive home the "Lights are Support Tanks, not Scout Tanks" idea. Namely, support until about half their team is gone, then scout the rest of their team and pick off any stragglers. I have applied this to the T71 and AMX12t and it makes perfect sense with those tanks as well. Less sense with the Locust, BT7, and T2 Light. :deal
  11. coop74

coop74 Deal's Gap Junkie

Oddometer:
    People don't understand scouting in a military context. See but don't be seen. After you have seen enough move on.

Another issue. Once you have fired move to cover. You do not have to watch your shell go down range. Fire it and forget it. Watching it does not make it hit harder or more accurately...

Rant mode off...

Big Coop from my phone
  12. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I know, I usually take 3-4k damage per battle, but I did the sneak around the corner thing and it worked wonderfully. I took 90% health off that Tiger 2 and the IS6 was sitting in the middle of cap with his side to me, even after I started shooting him. I also found and one shotted the Priest over a rise as I was headed to cap.

I noticed theh loader needed a skill and added fire fighting. Both the Super P and the Patton tend to light up when hit.
  13. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tankers!
    The impressively mobile, incredibly sloped, fast firing, and highly desirable French tank destroyers are the recipients of this round of On Track bonuses and discounts. From tier II to tier X you'll find a discount, a credit income bonus, or both; now's the time to start down this legendary line of vehicles!
    On Track to the AMX 50 Foch (155) Event Begins: 04:30 PDT (07:30 EDT) on June 15, 2013
    On Track to AMX 50 Foch (155) Event Ends: 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT) on July 1, 2013
    [​IMG] 30% Credit Discount and 30% Credit Bonus Per Battle for the Following Vehicles

VIII [​IMG] AMX AC mle. 48 IX [​IMG] AMX 50 Foch X [​IMG] AMX 50 Foch (155)
    <hr> Enhanced Event Details

Due to the popularity of these events, we're enhancing it to include a number of the other French TDs that share a path to the AMX 50 Foch (155). These tanks will be discounted at a different rate and available at these prices for a different amount of time; details below.
    Enhanced Event Begins: 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT) on June 17, 2013
    Enhanced Event Ends: 04:30 PDT (07:30 EDT) on June 21, 2013
    <table style="width: 684px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5" height="134" width="684"><tbody><tr><td> 50% Credit Discount for the Following Vehicles

II [​IMG] Renault FT AC III [​IMG] Renault UE 57 IV [​IMG] Somua SAu 40 V [​IMG] S35 CA
    </td> <td> 30% Credit Discount for the Following Vehicles

VI [​IMG] ARL V39 VII [​IMG] AMX AC mle. 46
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
  14. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tankers!
    The official 15th Anniversary for Wargaming is drawing ever nearer. Starting the celebration early, we'll be running a series of large scale XP based events similar to the 'Art of War', 'Keep Calm & Carry On' and 'XP Jager' events.
    What it boils down to is that the top 50 XP earners in every heavy tank, tier IV to tier X, will receive a gold reward, and the top three individuals with the highest XP score for the tier, will received gold and a tank! Every tank is a separate prize, one for each heavy tank in the game (excluding premium tanks), expect the winners' lists to be huge!
    The first set of tanks up for this special event series are heavy tanks! All heavy tanks tier IV to tier X, aside from Premium vehicles, are eligible for this contest.

Contest Starts: 07:00 PDT (10:00 EDT) June 15, 2013

Contest Ends: 16:59 (19:59 EDT) on July 14, 2013

Contest Details & Rules

• Battle results that are counted will not included bonuses (Premium account, bonus XP for first victory of day, Operation rewards, etc.)
      • Note that the maximum XP recorded in your Service Record is not a raw total
    • Only random battles will count. No Clan Wars or Company Battles will be counted
    • No screenshots, replays, or any other player submitted content is required to win. We'll be pulling these stats directly from our database
    • Only your stats in heavy tanks tier IV to X, aside from Premium vehicles, will count
    Please be aware that any attempt to articially inflate your score (entirely determined at the discretion of Wargaming staff) is grounds for disqualification from the event

How to Win 3,000

It's simple: place in the top 50 of XP earners in any heavy tank tier IV to X, aside from Premium vehicles, during this event and you'll be rewarded with in-game Gold. Score in the top three spots for your tier and you'll get a free tank on top of your gold!
    How to Win Tanks

Gold isn't the only thing we're giving away. If you manage to make it into the top three in any of the tiers, you'll be rewarded with a tank and Gold. Already own the tank? You'll get the in-game Gold equivalent instead!
    <table style="width: 100%;" border="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="width: 33%;"> 1st Place: Type 59

[​IMG]*Comes with garage slot​
    </td> <td> 2nd Place: Type 62

</td> <td> 3rd Place: Pz. B2

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> Grand Prix Winner

The player that manages to score into the top three spots the most number times, appearing as number one at least once, will receive a very special prize in addition to all of the other rewards: 15 Years of Premium!
    In the event of a tie between two or more people a scoring system will determine the Grand Prix Winner:

• Each 1st place finish will be worth 3 points
    • Each 2nd place finish will be worth 2 points
    • Each 3rd place finish will be worth 1 point
    • If there is STILL a draw, those players involved in that draw will receive the Grand Prix prize
  15. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Posted on June 14, 2013 by Silentstalker

Nothing exact, but… currently, the compilation of 0.8.6 patch is finalized. We can expect it soon, my guess – next tuesday RU, thursday EU

- there was a theory presented by one RU player, that it doesn’t matter how much capture points you have when the battle is over, you will recieve the same XP bonus everytime. Storm apparently disagrees, but as far as I could see he didn’t deny it specifically
    - Storm specifically states that the subcaliber normalisation will be reduced for ALL the subcaliber rounds, including the tier 10 medium tank silver ones
    - tank destroyer numbers for each team were never balanced as equal
    - premium French arty won’t be sellable for gold the was Superpershing will be, the reason is that there were no changes in it, warranting such a measure
    - Storm states that this video looks nice, but has no connection to World of Tanks
    - Storm isn’t afraid that the artillery got overnerfed in 0.8.6
    - alternative ways how to change arty gameplay (SS: there were some very old ideas about changing the arty gameplay, for example no satellite view) are not developed at this moment
    - in 0.8.6, artillery is easier to spot. This is intended.
    - in 0.8.6, subcaliber penetration loss over distance was not nerfed
    - the way scouts were treated by MM on test server is the same as on the main server (SS: players were complaining about battles, where one team had one scout LT and the other had a heavy instead), the intended new LT balance mechanism won’t return in any near patches
    - if you have gold camo or emblems on Superpershing, if you sell it for gold, you won’t recieve additional compensation, the price will still be the same
    - WoT (PC) won’t recieve any console-style aim-assistant (SS: on console games, to compensate for the relative clumsiness of the controller, games tend to guide the aim reticle towards the target a bit)
    - when multiturret mechanism is implemented, it apparently won’t be possible to upgrade the auxilliary turret, but the developers haven’t thought about this yet really
    - FV4202 was changed the same way all other tanks were in 0.8.6 (SS: a player was complaining about the fact it seems less accurate than it should be)
    - Chieftrain prototype will be 2nd British T10 medium, or a heavy, or replace the FV4202? “When it comes, we’ll talk about that.”
    - general remodelling of all the ingame models is coming, it’s possible that it will precede the researchable hull modules
    - WoT might reach the graphic level presented in the “Xbox WoT” trailer in 5-7 years (so no, WoT on PC won’t look like that)
    - shooting an unspotted target counts as if you spotted it, when it comes to XP/credit calculation (eg. you get full amount)
    - Object 430 and Object 430U in WoT? “No comment”
    - T-50-2 switch for another tank (MT-25) is still planned
    - according to SerB, “Klein Tiger” is made up (SS: this thing comes from one server, dedicated to German vehicles, called Achtungpanzer. The server is notorious for making stuff up, there are more mistakes there, not just this one).

Link: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/14/14-6-2013/
  16. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, I hate the 59-16, the choice of guns on it sucks considering it can draw tier 10 battles. basically tier 8-10 the guns are useless in it except when shooting HE, then the damage is really low.
  20. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Why does it say "kingbright" on the tank itself (the little graphic of it).