Dirt Roads North of Ashville,NC?????

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by DirtWorthy, Jul 2, 2004.

1. DirtWorthy

DirtWorthy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for maps of the Blue ridge and dirt roads from Virginia to Ashville,NC. My brother and me are going to hook up in Boone or Blowing Rock,NC next Sunday and ride around for 2-3 days.We hoping we could find some fun dirt or fire roads to tool around on.

Thanks,
    Eric
  2. Ultrafirebike

Ultrafirebike Flaccid Member

Oddometer:
    Try going to the MTF site and looking at the Dirt road ride we're taking in Spetember.
    http://www.mctourer.com/rides/dirt2004/dirt_ride.html
    Andy has done a great job in scouting out some routes. I'm not sure if the map shown shows good enough detail, but it's a start.
  3. andy29847

andy29847 Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer:
    Eric, I haven't been north of Asheville in long time. I have heard that there is a public riding area between Blowing Rock and Morgantown. I used to stay at a place near there called Brown Mountain Beach (campground) and ride between there and the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Brown Mountain Lights Enduro. My topo map also shows a lot of forest service roads in the area. If you decide to go further south, I have waypoints and maps for a network of dirt roads I have been riding and plan to use in the ride Greg mentioned. Ping me if I can help.