Corsica for friends

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Cooltours, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Cooltours

Cooltours Do things right, or leave'em to be done by others

Oddometer:
    OK, we're done, the boat is full. Signing up's closed! Thorsten checked in yesterday to complete the team! Now, that band very much rocks and I can't wait to let them roll!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    I took my afternoon ride along the coast. If you look carefully you can see some mountains in the horizon.
    In other words: Corsica is still there.

[TaSK]
  3. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    Uff...fortunately...what a relief!!

Today It's D-54! :evil
  4. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    D-52
    Sent out lots of infos today. Hope all is clear. Forcast for tomorrow:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Check out online forcast here
  5. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    It’s D-7! I can’t wait anymore! Today I fitted the panniers to the goat and set the tankbag up, just to check (again) if all is clear! All IS clear! We have (annother) GO!

So, as that was checked way too fast, I started with packing my stuff toghether. Well, It IS packed now....! As even this has been done waaaay to fast, well, what's left but relaunching this blog!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    My contribution to the technical colonization of the island, this time, is bringing one of these little fellows. <o:p></o:p>
    <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG] <o:p></o:p>
    A tracklogger. I just picked it up some days ago and it very much is one nice toy. What it's going to be good for?? Well, <o:p></o:p>
    A) ...it satisfies the natural male lust after toys and<o:p></o:p>
    B) ...it can do things with pictures and tracks which unfortuantely I don't yet know how to get it up the net but looks very cool so far on my PC in conjunction with google maps!

OK, maybe I'm going to unpack that bag again and try to pack in more efficient.... more ADVrider-style!
  6. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    The new toy's broken already. F…-it, damn’ thing! Well, remains core-business: The biking! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Who cares all the snow that came down to altitudes of 1100m/3300ft and above since yesterday. Avalanche risk level set to “very high” …?! Leave me alone! The tunnel will be open and it will bring us safe to the south! 17km’s/10ml’s in a dark, straight pipe of concrete and one’s in another world. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    D-5! Corsica! Get ready! Maybe I’m un- and repacking again tonight …<o:p></o:p>
  7. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Packing?

This guy works very hard, and he managed to get our new house finished yesterday.
    To bad, then, that the guests arrives tomorrow. 20 lamps must be fitted, there some cleaning to do; a muratore left alone in a house three months creates some dirty surfaces.

It also nice that the falegname finished today; the work he has done with the windows and doors is outstanding!
    Good that he is done, because it doesn't take many seconds with an electric saw to generate quite some dust.

Let us not forget the idraulico who also finished today. His last effort to drill 16 holes in the walls to attach the radiators.
    Surprisingly enough, he left without offering to help clean up the mess he had created.

During the last nights I have washed all the (cotto) floors with acid, and waxed them.

And, not to forget: I must replace both front fork seals. And I should change the oil after our Spanish adventure.

[TaSK]
  8. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    OMG.... That sounds like a whole bunch of work still.... The both of you will probably be very tired on Sunday, huh... :(:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    OK, critical situations ask for special solutions! What you need now is a priority list! Here we go:
    <o:p></o:p>

1. Fix your frorkseals: Highest priority for that! If you need help, you won’t be able to get some on Saturday night <o:p></o:p>
    2. Install not more than 1 Lamp per guest/couple. We’re talking about <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Tuscany</st1:State></st1:place>! Remember: Romance is a major thing here and the amount of light often enough can be reciprocal to the level of romance.<o:p></o:p>
    3. Do the packing! It’s quickly done! If you reduce to the max, what you really need is not more than 6 slips and socks plus a Creditcard! That would have also positive effect on the battle-weight of your frigate! <o:p></o:p>
    4. Sleep! I really wouldn’t want you to practice some 1-sec-sleep while riding Autostrada to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Savona</st1:place></st1:City>! You can get 3-4 more hours of Sleep later on on the vessel, but there’s a minimum–level of sleep to bring with you!<o:p></o:p>
    5. If there’s some time left, take care for the dust. If not, don’t worry. It won’t be gone until you’re back. You can take care of it than. <o:p></o:p>
    6. Forget about the Oilchange. You’re riding a Beemster! That masterpiece of German engineering work can handle to be treated bad to the bone! Actually some claim that it actually WANTs to be treated bad to live a real happy motorcycle-life.
    We’ll bring some "special-energy" in the form of brown (diet-)bars..! <o:p></o:p>
  9. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    If I know us well, we'll instead do as we did when heading for Spain: No time for carefully selecting items, implies bring everything.
    In Spain we were more than 500 kg all said and done. And that, Sir, feels
    like a barge when trying to keep up with your friends in the Spanish countryside.
    I hope we are able to do a little better (that is: Less) this time.

In any case: The guests have arrived, and moved into the house. We gave them a discount to cover the things that weren't done.
    The house, and the surroundings, was so beautiful they took it!

Guests arriving tomorrow, 16 for dinner on Friday, and 12 new guests arriving on Saturday.
    I look forward to a spin on....where was it again? Savona?
    Yeah, I remember that, we're going on vacation in Savona. :huh

[TaSK]

ps: and when will I finish the RR from Spain?
  10. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    LOL, I know how that thank feels with 4 pairs of shoes (for each uf us!), a sun-umbrella, a handcarved Chess-Game, and, beside some dozen of T-shirts and shirts also a suit and "the little black one" in the paniers:
    [​IMG]
    That was on our Spain-Trip 2003! Mmmm, also Spain. Good possible it's not US but rather a thing of the destination...
  11. strommer

strommer Ride for balance

Oddometer:
    As someone contemplating a trip to Corsica this summer I am counting on an extensive trip report..:wink:
  12. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    OK, here's a first proof: The gang looks quite happy!

[​IMG]
  13. strommer

Oddometer:
    I have to sit in the office and endure a photo of happy people riding in Corsica ?
  14. kejago

kejago Kev. Haute Savoie, France

Oddometer:
    Me too. I am happy to see pics though... I so wanted to do this trip, but there were too many uncertainties. I was not even sure if I would still have a job! :eek1 Next time... I hope. :ricky
  15. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

In most settings, Bamsefar is rather intimidating (he is, after all, a fully grown R1150GS).
    On Corsica, he is reduced to his proper size.

[TaSK]
  16. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Here I am, so there we were.
    Total 1.203 km.

Only stretch missing is 20 minutes third day (from St. Florin).

[TaSK]
  17. Cooltours

Oddometer:
    Only that the idea might not come up I might have been lefet back on the rock in the mediterian sea, here, just to follow nice traditions, some teasers from my side:

Here's "The making of"-Picture of the "Happy ppl's Picture from above:

[​IMG]

More happy faces will follow:

[​IMG]

It has been not only a wonderfull, but also a very evenfull ride!

[​IMG]

"Beautyfull" is the most used word within the 7 days of the ride:

[​IMG]

RR to be started soon;-)
  18. strommer

Oddometer:
    If all goes as planed, I should be there this summer. So there.
    Now you can post all the photos you want.
    What a fantastic place...
  19. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Corsica can be nice also without any bike in the picture.
    Here from Bellavista, overlooking the Bay of Ajaccio.

[TaSk]
  20. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The sun goes down also in Portu.

[TaSK]