I've decided how I am going to vote.

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by HellSickle, Sep 29, 2012.

?

Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whats wrong with decisive?
  2. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    After doing a little research, I agree. Most of the basic principles are sound on paper, they are more libertarian than GOP. The biggest turn off for me is idiots like Sarah Palin espousing the tea party.
  3. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Decisive, derisive, divisive..... You guys are getting hung up on semantics.:rofl
  4. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Professional Troll work I think?

Tea Party objectionable.....................who woulda thought?:lol3
  5. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Total Paralysis in Washington is a new thing? Only happened under Obama?
    Could be,just maybe,you didnt like Obama before he got there,and you dont like him now?
  6. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer:
    Yabutt she's kinda Hawt.
  7. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Are you saying she's a GILF?
  8. TinkerinWstuff

TinkerinWstuff Take it apart

Oddometer:
    There was a lot of support for Paul in the party and that would REALLY have been a shellacking. People need charismatic figures to get behind and he's like that old boring college professor.

I think I would agree with all that and find myself being more libertarian. Early on, I thought Palin could be a breath of fresh air and a "regular folk" people could relate to. Boy was I wrong and the more she speaks the more I run away screaming. But I do find her hawt when she's not talking.

That is why the movement has purposely not picked a "leader" or tried to become a party. It's always wanted to be a philosophy. When you pick a leader then there is a face to the movement that can be attacked and divided. Which is precisely what you see here as Palin is out there speaking and becoming more of a defacto face of the movement.

I don't understand what you are trying to say?

But here are the principles:
    1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
    2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
    3. A strong military is essential.
    4. Special interests must be eliminated.
    5. Gun ownership is sacred.
    6. Government must be downsized.
    7. The national budget must be balanced.
    8. Deficit spending must end.
    9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
    10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
    11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
    12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
    13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
    14. English as our core language is required.
    15. Traditional family values are encouraged.
  9. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    I never said it was a new thing. I said in my opinion it is worse than it has been in recent history. If you could, please cite the legislative accomplishments (other than Obamacare which I mentioned) in the last four years to show that anything has been done. To make it easy, just keep with the bigger things like an energy policy or immigration or tax policy or debt reduction, maybe even just a real budget. :dunno
  10. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    How is the tea party different than the libertarians?

Other than:
    Keep government out of my healthcare (except my government run medicare)
    Cut back government spending! (except my social security)
    Cut government spending (except road funding for my state)

Once the hypocritical tendencies of the TP were shown, I realized that while they meant well, there is just way too much funny in there. If you like the tea party but want to forgo all the hypocrisy, just go libertarian or constitutionalism.
  11. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    A strong military is essential? How big does it need to be? 15 carriers? Occupying every country in the world, dropping bombs at the drop of the hat?

Sorry, I used to be on the "strong military" train. It is not sustainable and only service to rile up other nations. It needs be cut back (over time) to about half of what it is today. That is unless the Tea Party crowd is willing to raise taxes a full 100% of what it is now to support the budget devouring military.

12. TheDudeAbides

Oddometer:
    I'd be happy to opt out of both Medicare and SS if they'd let me keep that money each month and let me invest it as I see fit.
    I've never met a Tea Party supporter who wanted the Feds to give us more money for our state's roads, so not sure where you're going with that.
  13. TinkerinWstuff

TinkerinWstuff Take it apart

Oddometer:
    He obviously doesn't agree and doesn't have facts to support his points so I'm not going to bother with a response. I'm working here on basic principles we can agree on and he's jumping ahead to the divisive :deal stuff of how many carriers we should have on the water.
  14. ironbrewer

ironbrewer Hopefully Riding

Oddometer:
    Was in Colorado now in The Northwet, Washington
    How is how big should the military be not important. It is a giant part of our budget. Do we really need to spend 20% of the entire worlds military budget on ours.
  15. TheDudeAbides

Oddometer:
    Seems about right. We make up 25% of the world's economy (as measured in GDP)
  16. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is not a giant part of our budget. Large, but nothing compared to the unjustified entitlements.
  17. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's about time the U.S. stops bombing/rebuilding/occupying foreign countries...who appointed us as the world guardians anyways? Once we leave they return to their centuries old ways of killing each other, we can't change that!!!

Did we really need to fly B2 bombers from Missouri to Serbia, drop bombs and return to Missouri ?

Parking 1/3 of our navy surface ships would be a nice start....keep the subs...one ICBM can take out a whole battle group

Since the Russians are selling LF side looking radar arrays capable of detecting our latest stealth aircraft to anybody, we need to reevaluate our latest mega dollar aircraft and mega maintenance costs

BTW, correlating GDP to the military budget as justification is total nonsense
  18. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    As a social security recipient (still about 2 years from getting Medicare) who was forced to pay FICA taxes for 45+ years of working in the private sector as an employee and employer (instead of having the opportunity to invest my earnings on my own) I have to ask which entitlements do you consider "unjustified"? I am taking benefits from insurance policies I was forced to purchase. If you had an accident on your motorcycle would you not take the insurance payments to repair your bike on the motorcycle policy you had paid for or would that be unjustified as well? :dunno
  19. whitewater18

whitewater18 funhog

Oddometer:
    When Liberia had their civil war 8-9 years ago, the people were begging for US Marines to come in and protect the people. There was great anger at the USA for not sending troops in. Seems we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. :puke1
  20. Wannabeeuro

Wannabeeuro Tuner chic

Oddometer:
    Leave me out of this, don't you know what your own shaving cream smells like!