2013 RMAR Kokopelli Trail Ride - April 5-7, 2013

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Mac, Nov 28, 2012.

1. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Your still riding the KTM 300 right Mac?
  2. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, that's the plan. I just need to get the wheels back from Woody, and button things up.
  3. pwrtrippin

pwrtrippin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some how I don't think that 950 would compare to super enduro.
  4. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Just some eye candy for people....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things can happen on Fin's N Things, and Terry's oil spot is still on the rock there...LOL
    [​IMG]

But boy Moab has some great views.
    [​IMG]
  5. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    White Wash Sand Dunes it seems to suck bikes right in

[​IMG]
  6. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tomorrow is a little quality time in the garage......new wheel bearings, new front tire, true the wheels, oil change, and if things go well, I think I'll re-grease the steering bearings.

The old girl is getting some love but she is excited to go, and so am I! :clap:freaky:clap
  7. 3Goose

3Goose n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm nearing completion of a new guide book for Kokopelli's Trail and would love to get some feedback from the motorcycle community. I won't have it printed in time for your trip, but could provide some pre-release copies in exchange for feedback on the guide book, especially the bypasses for the non-motorized parts. Is anyone on this trip in Denver and willing to meet with me to go over what I have? Or perhaps contribute an epic pic of someone going down Rose Garden hill?

Thanks in advance!
  8. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Anyone in for Saturday this:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y0DqVqg9DV0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y0DqVqg9DV0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  9. The Rizz

The Rizz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In. Looks fun. Just gotta ride it in the correct direction. Apparently there are some tough switchbacks that should only be ridden downhill.
  10. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    It's an Adventure :D Not knowing the area, probably start from the Shell Station up there and just ride (pwrtrippin and I might have to trailer up to that point to save on fuel...LOL)...not a huge deal.

I been figuring out mileage for stuff...some people might like to do Kane Creek to 191 to Steel Bender and back to camp. It's about 60 miles and from what I can tell it be a good route that is hard is spots but doable on larger bikes.
  11. rwhittak3

rwhittak3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How bad do you think this would be on a DRZ with a moderately competent rider? I don't want to slow you guys down too much, but I want to have some fun!
  12. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm the wrong guy to ask as I was riding this type of stuff on a XR650R. :rofl Totally wrong bike but it did handle it.

What I can say is as a group I'm not worried about going slow, fast or whatever. I'm happy to lead a group and we go as fast as the slowest rider. These events/rides are not about racing.

There might be at times spots where we spot each other, drag each others bikes up a ledge or ride it up for a rider. Expect to pickup your bike a few times but we will jump in and help. Oh and we won't leave people behind.

So come out you will be okay in any ride I lead.

I'm so excited almost time for this ride..... :clap
  13. rwhittak3

rwhittak3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds awesome. On those terms, count me in for sure! :D I'm stoked!
  14. pwrtrippin

Oddometer:
    So close yet so far away bump.
  15. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    You got the trailer ready? Toss some wood in if you got it so we can have a fire as we are there a night before the Koko riders ;-)
  16. pwrtrippin

Oddometer:
    Mostly. Still working on it, among other things, like getting the jeep checked out after the sideswipe, and building a rear rack for the ktm.
  17. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trial run!

My daughter and I are headed to Fruita tonight for a shake down cruise in Rabbit Valley! Weather looks good ( 70+ this weekend) for some loops in the area. We will check out the conditions on part of the Koko and report back with a teaser photo or twenty! :clap

Can't wait to blow of the cob webs on me and the bikes!
  18. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's cheating. Have fun!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  19. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    I secretly want to get the first couple of falls of the year out of the way without witnesses! :wink:
  20. Mac

Mac Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you take your bike out for a little test ride in the neighborhood, don't try and pop a wheelie in the driveway, because you'll probably be coming in too hot onto the slick floor of the garage to be able to stop in the proper upright position.

DAMHIK. :deal