Skidmore Fork Campout: June 12 - 14, 2009

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, May 7, 2009.

1. Mtngoat

Mtngoat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for not posting up my pics but I'm having technical difficulties, i.e. I don't have a clue how to do it. Most of them are camp shots anyway. I would have taken more ride pics but I was kind of busy trying to keep the ass end from passing the front end. Love the videos, keep um coming. :D
  2. Iamchaz

Iamchaz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look's like you herders had a good time. Hated I missed all the fun , but Daddy was made proud at my daughter's graduation. "Gotta Love Them". Hope to make one soon. Enjoyed the pics though. Keep them coming. :clap
  3. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool campout guys and girl! Nice video. :thumb
  4. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
    Um...I don't think she said she screwed the two Italians...did she? I thought she was talking about her friend screwing one of them.
    On the other hand....damn you and your objective, honest observations! Now I'm having second thoughts if really would want to be in a relationship with someone like this!
    ...still woulnd't have minded just one night, though. :(
  5. Skippii

Oddometer:
    Anyway, even if you're right, that still only makes it more confusing as to how I got rejected.
    I only wanted a kiss!
  6. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can you say herpes?:evil
  7. Skippii

Oddometer:
    So much for getting her to sign up on this forum....
  8. vatrader01

vatrader01 vatrader01

Oddometer:
    I was sitting at the dealership, thumbing through the reading material, waiting for the parts girl to finish up with her parole officer [something about a bashful kidney]. I ran across this article. It struck home with that old "WAIT!! I know this!! Where do I know this from"?? It ate at me. All so familiar tale, but could not place it. Later, I logged on to ADVrider and checked the old home region and it all come flooding back......
    See if this article rings any bells for you other riders of the Shenandoah.

Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought this would happen to me,.....

Come on, print this one.

Sure, maybe this letter isn’t in the same spirit as most of the letters you print, but I’ve written to Penthouse Forum so many times that you’ve become like a best friend. A best friend who has an unending string of erotic encounters with sexy co-workers and his mother’s naughty friends, and who charges me $4.99 to hear them.
    Remember when I wrote you that letter about the older woman I met in Kmart whose “leathery skin was like a saddle, worn from overuse but begging to be ridden again”? That was fake, but it was probably the sexiest letter you’ve ever refused to print. Remember when I wrote you about how I seduced my 48-year-old neighbor, whose “body was like a rusty old Dodge Caravan, large and full of odd noises”? You didn’t print that one either. Fortunately it was also merely a fantasy. But remember when I told you the tale of that hooker I slept with who looked like Nancy Reagan? That one was true, and you still didn’t print it.
    Here's a real life action drama. It has everything represented. It really happened to me. It happened like this......

How NOT to Take a Girl on a date

Suspense. Ulterior motives. And who would have guessed the totally unpredicted strikeout....

There was a sequel:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461823&page=13

Many of your readers might prefer realistic, non-erotic stories of personal loss.
    Don’t pass this up, Penthouse Forum. If there’s one letter writer who can make your readers indulge in self flagellation to feelings of rejection, it’s me.

Sk_p_ii
  9. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Don't tell me this was a real article...
  10. H14

H14 Live, Laugh, Love.

Oddometer:
  11. Motocox

Motocox We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer:
    Skippii, don't sweat it. What happens in the philippines, stays in the philippines.
  12. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    roflmfao
  13. Skippii

Oddometer:
    I am never introducing you guys to a girl again.
    I am never introducing a girl to this website again.

Actually, my last girlfriend and I both were on an Internet forum. It's a very bad idea.
    I don't know why she felt a publicly peer-reviewed breakup would be a good thing, but I definately don't want to go through that again.

Funny thing about that...I have great memories of my Dutch friend leading us around Rotterdam and Amsterdam, and getting completely lost. It was highly amusing how furious she'd get if she even suspected we were lost. Score a point for Melissa there.
  14. Whoam

Whoam Semper Fi

Oddometer:
    I just read Skiipi's report to Reddish Knob, hilarious :D

There's a couple of us KLR guys heading to shenandoah this weekend, probably go in at Peter's Mill/Taskers Gap, if anyone's bored. You guys sound like a riot.
  15. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Motocox will be up riding around this weekend. PM him.
  16. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    Hey Whoam

You and Wyatt have a great time this weekend. I'm working on moding my 99 Triumph for BYOB next Friday. OBTW these Cat Herders are a HOOT!!! They are just as bad as the BWDR's (BullWinkle Death Riders) :yikes

17. Mtngoat

Mtngoat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Skippii, thanks for the offer to post my pics. I tried emailing them to you but after what seemed an eternity, I concluded that I can't possibly live long enough to complete the task. Apparently, the satillite only passes over my house on even numbered years. I tried plan B which was to try the intro offer from Smugmug. Worked great at first, photos showed up on their site just as expected. Then it fell apart. I spent an hour composing a light hearted recap of the weekend's activities and amusements. Finished the hard part (the prose), attached the link to Smugmug, and hit the preview to check spelling and grammer. Hit the X box to make sure the pics would come up and WTF! It all disappeared. Don't know why, don't know how, don't really care. I'm done with this. I think I'll go for a "stress reduction ride" now. Mtngoat out

PS-sign me up for the August Cat Herders social extravaganza
  18. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Woah mtngoat! Bummer about your Pics and report. I have been there before (for Univ assignments and whatnot) and always copy and paste the text into another box while I am typing it. Hopefully you get it sorted out in the future - picasa or photobucket are free but smugmug supports Baldy and has a nice presentation.

There are rumors of a Cat Herder BWDR cage match...I'll start a poll to see who will win :rofl
  19. Motocox

Motocox We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer:
    If it's a cage match, I'm coming in dropping elbows! :wink:
  20. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of the time I locked the cat and the doberman in the bathroom together. They finally got it sorted out. :oscar