Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    Hey Boise Riders,
    Things are moving right along at the Backcountry Pursuit. Just wanted to make a quick post to remind you all there's less than two weeks to my Grand Opening! That means less than two weeks to take advantage of the promo consignment rate which means more money in your pocket. The gear is starting to flow in, and we would love to see some more. I am making adventure and motocross riding a big part of my store. Come bring us some gear and say hi! Questions call the store at 208-429-1124. Sorry for the spam, but a lot of you are my friends and this is important to me and my company to involve you guys. I won't always make spam posts here, but a guy's gotta get started, right? Hope to see you soon!
  2. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Just thought I'd check in and touch base. I have had some queries, not many, but some as to my disposition, since I have dropped out of sight.

Well I took a hiatus into the hills for 10 or so days to do something I've not in about 9 years.... chase wapiti around. I can say this for sure, there a ton more Wolf droppings and track than any other sign I saw. Even the Elk won't bugle like they use to, I think it's a dinner bell sound. I literally saw wolf dropping about every 1/4 mile along old logging roads and trails. Not like it was 10 years ago.

Anyhoo, finally got on to something chased it for what seemed forever only to push it into a local's sights 3 hundred yards off the road. I'm wore out getting too old for running around in the hills might be another 9 years.... or not. Oh he figured someone would push something his way. The guy sat in his truck while we flatlanders pushed them into the field from three different directions Now that's smart hunting! he's from Kooskia said it'll feed his family through the winter.

Here's what I missed out on

[​IMG]

I started out in those trees way over there

[​IMG]

You know it's too much like work not the way I remember it 15-20 years ago :lol3

Well, I have my special tools ordered in and am going to start tearing Moya the 990 apart valves coolant flush etc. Have a great winter you all.

Oh I am in the planning stages for a run to Death Valley or Baja early 2013, if anyone who has free time and interested let me know we can talk over lunch one day.

See you out there :ricky
  3. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    Hi Sam. :wave I'm headed out this weekend to chase deer.

I had thought about heading to Death Valley this winter also.

One of these days I should do a ride report from my Nevada trip.
  4. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Death Valley is nice. It looks pretty rough this year from the pics I have seen in recent reports. There are a few maps and books which can make planning a bit easier. I went down there in March about 3 years ago and it was fantastic!

Tell me more about your Nevada trip! :evil
  5. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Yes you should! You have all winter, but in the mean time go get that deer.

Mastermarine, I hear end of February March is the best time. I rode through in may when I came back from Hawaii and it was already pretty warm. Did Scotty's and that was it. Always put it on my list of places to explore... just not high on my list, Mexico/Baja excites me more.
  6. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    and patience is not one of my virtues :ddog
  7. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad you were able to get in another ride. :clap

Hiya Sam nice to see back on the grid. I've been thinking about you! :nod

Death Valley is an awesome winter spot we had a great time there 3 years ago, not too many tourists there at that time. However days are short.
  8. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    We're hoping your new business will be a satisfying and successful endeavor for all those involved. :thumb
  9. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    March in Death Valley with the flowers blooming if fabulous. Hey Sam if your ride to Baja Death Valley is on the way.

Now all of you stop talking about DV, you're making me want to go down there again. :huh

Did I see someone is going to write a ride report? You know when Rocky starts tapping her tootsie you're in trouble, trailrider383 :deal
  10. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just checking in with all you guys in paradise!
    Hey Sam, was wondering where you went? Maybe a wolf tag and a nice lightweight varmint rifle. :lol3
    I tried to make it over Trinity Mtn around the tenth, looked at the FS map and it wasn't to clear if we could make the loop from the east or not
    We also ran into this.
    [​IMG]
    I had/have never been over Trinity and it was a beautiful day, now I have to wait for next year.
  11. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
    Alright, dang-nabbit, I think I'm gonna take tomorrow or Wednesday off and finally ride. Glad you got out there, Ed. Was still thinking Trinity-ish, maybe Bear Hole trail, but am open to whatever. Hollar if you want to team up.
  12. av_mech

av_mech Risk Taker

Oddometer:
    I actually took a break from the business stuff today and rode with my brother! Got the 800 all the way to the ridge on Rattlesnake mountain! About 12 miles of single track. Not bad for a big bike. Great day for a ride!
  13. cbmma1969

cbmma1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you back from the armed hike in the woods. I can relate to the no longer as easy as it was. I find I no longer climb the hills like I use to.
    I'm up for either Baja or Death Valley if the timing is right. I do have a couple obligations in Feb and March.
  14. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Well, work out those obligations...

Not too much interest right now from folks, but buy December I think they'll change.

OH! and humping those hills are NOT as enjoyable at all as it use to be!! Kinda like wrestling a 500 pound bike over rock fields and single track. not the riding it's the picking the dang thing up......over and over again the older I get the heavier it gets, just like those hills steeper the older I get. Ha-Ha

Hey Clint I'm doing a PowerPoint Presentation on Nov 15 at HT on my travel through Mexico; hope you can make it.
  15. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River

Oddometer:

Not Clint, but looking forward to Adventure Theater!
  16. LegIron

LegIron Nomad

Oddometer:

Sam, I'm heading for DV area the first week in January with my travel trailer. I want to be in AZ by mid January so that leaves me a couple weeks to kill enroute. I'm planning on bumming around AZ for about a month, then start back in early February-ish. I'm not sure which bike to take, but if this fits into your schedule, let me know. Brad
  17. cbmma1969

cbmma1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Unless something happens I'll be there.
  18. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Hi' ya Brad, Hope you had a good coast run. I would love to leave in Jan, but I am [pretty tapped out right after the end of year and Holidays. I plan on hauling my DRZ down figured that to be the best ride for DV and Baja too.

We need to have a sit down and kinda talk it over. Maybe a luncheon/planning meetup, probably towards the end of November I post it up.

Do you have your Pass Port?

I really want to do another Copper Canyon Run :tb..
  19. Jason Abbott

Oddometer:
    Made it up along Trinity Ridge, dropped down to the Middle Fork near Atlanta. Saw lots of burn. Lots. Smelled nothing but ash and charred wood for a long time. It's burned in patches, as I guess you'd expect. Some areas untouched, some burned brush and branches, some completely scorched earth (real slimey when it's wet).

Pictures shortly.
  20. Jason Abbott

Oddometer:
    Looks like 6–9PM. Added it to my calendar. Hope to make it!