Nebraska Tri-Cities and South Central NE. area

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by crashman44b, Apr 22, 2012.

1. crashman44b

crashman44b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there anybody out there? Im a little jealous of the activities that Lincoln and Omaha riders put on and someday hope to get out that way and met those riders. In the meantime I keep wondering to myself if there's any ADV riders in Tri Cities and South Central and Central NE Region? I see people on KLR's, XL's,XR's quite often. I find it hard to believe they haven't looked over this website.

I have 3 rivers and 4 lakes within 75 minutes of my house. (Platte, Republican,Loup,Harlan,Sherman,Cambridge,Johnson).
    I know Harlan,Republican and Platte fairly well and I can't wait to explore the rest of them this summer.

I think the quality of riding out this way is better then the Eastern riders have it, but the number of riders seems to be minimal at best which in turn makes the activity level zero. (Unless you like to dress up like a pirate and have a wife who likes to show her tits)

If anybody is interested in riding and camping at Harlan this Memorial day weekend, please let me know. We have a family camp site with plenty of tent room. All the camper sites are reserved. Or if you live in the area please shoot me a PM. The few in the area are good people. We drink beer and eat red meat.
  2. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    There is a guy called Medicine Creek. I think work has gotten in the way for the last couple years for him though. :dunno

You could buy a few ADV stickers and leave them on the bikes you see around (not stuck of course).

You should try and make it to PieFest, and Fifth Fest. Both will be worth the trip. :deal

Hopefully someone will chime in for you.

-5th
  3. Tallboy

Tallboy hiding in the tallgrass

Oddometer:
    Have you rode the ORV area on the SE corner of Harlan?

I haven't been up for a couple years now.
  4. crashman44b

Oddometer:
    I have been. The trails stay in pretty good shape. Mostly all ATV double track. They did alot of work to it and had a fund raiser 2 years ago. There's now a picnic area,restrooms and a kids track. I wouldnt take a muti-cylinder to the park but thumpers do fine.There's so much more riding at Harlan then just the ORV park if you have a dual sport. There's some hidden gems for roads. You can ride the republican from Alma all the way up to Oxford. Now, I don't know these routes for sure but have I know they are there. I know where the routes start but haven't been down there this year yet.
  5. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Find those routes and I know a few of us would love to come ride that this summer! :clap
  6. Tallboy

Oddometer:
    agreed. I've ridden the well maintained/highway of a river road from below the damn to Superior on my GS. Have rode the ORV area on my XT, but trailered up with some dirt bikes from here. I'd be up for some DS riding for sure. Guess I better unearth my XT from serving as tent draped storage. :lol3
  7. crashman44b

Oddometer:
    You should bring that the DS down sometime. I have all the cooking stuff and a 30ft bunkhouse that sleeps 10. You wouldn't need to bring much. My wife may even cook for ya unless your a creep or something. Lol.

There's also a big BMW rally in Franklin NE every summer. Its only a 25 miles or so away from Harlan. Hear its a good time and a fairly big deal but I have never been to it. Maybe you have?

I hope to do some camping this weekend. Eyeballing the weather forecast hard the last few days. I will check out those roads on the republican. I know they are mostly dirt which is fine by me.
  8. nefj40

nefj40 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The ass of the Dakar is in the air right now, and the shock is currently in sasquatch's capable hands after I busted the rear spring.....while riding hwy 4 no less.

crashman, after splitting with you last year and riding the orv park, my bud and I stopped at the BMW rally. Lot's of cool bikes.
  9. zoid

zoid Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer:
    I've always wanted to ride that road. Set up a ride and it sounds like alot of folks would show up. And none of us are creepy.
  10. crashman44b

Oddometer:
    When are you expecting to have the Dakar back on the road? Hoping we can get a few rides in this summer.

The river road from Alma to Orleans has scouted by another rider. Hoping he will get on here and talk about it sometime. Orleans to Oxford is about 12 miles. We will scout it soon. I remember driving it 7 or 8 years ago looking for derby cars. We found some old cars parked on the banks ready to push in river to stop erosion. I remember seeing a 60's wood grain Chevy station wagon thinking it was neat. Bullets holes all over it.

I will get with Doug on a date. Dave you chime in to..... Maybe when they have the BWM rally in Franklin? Get more for you money that way. They welcome everybody also.
  11. Tallboy

Oddometer:
    Have been to the Franklin rally a few times. Good folks - pretty low key.

2nd Weekend in August.
  12. autolycos

autolycos True vulgarian

Oddometer:
    You have an XT? Which year/size?
  13. autolycos

autolycos True vulgarian

Oddometer:
    I'm formerly from Custer County. My father grew up in Buffalo County, so I know some of the backroads around Ravenna pretty well, also. But, living in Lincoln now. The XT is slow, so tripping that way takes planning.
  14. nefj40

nefj40 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to have the Dakar on the road in the next week or two. With the spring we've had there's been alot of times I really missed it. I'm sure we'll get out a few times this year.
  15. Tallboy

Oddometer:
    87 XT600. It ain't pretty, but it runs. usually. :lol3
  16. autolycos

autolycos True vulgarian

Oddometer:
    Sounds like my 84 TT600!
  17. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Careful, that's right around Pie Fest! :deal
    :wink:

Last years pie fest
  18. crashman44b

Oddometer:
    We will be doing some scouting on the river memorial day weekend. Going to start in Oxford and head southeast back to Alma. Those old Yammer Hammers would be right at home on these old dirt roads. Im pretty excited about this.

Dave, please let me know when get the Dakar back up.
  19. nefj40

nefj40 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just received word that my shock is on it's way home, I'll be up and going in no time. Plan on me for the river run.
  20. zoid

zoid Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer:
    What day are you planning on doing this and do you mind an interloper from Lincoln? I have beer. :lol3