GSXR 600/750/1000 Touring: Technical & Moral Support

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by alohagirl, Mar 7, 2013.

1. ECN-ROL

ECN-ROL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Existence_Inc

Existence_Inc The Wanderer

Oddometer:

I have been using a Go Cruise Throttle Assist. Works well enough to give my right hand a much needed rest. I considered electric cruise control and even a Kaoko Throttle Lock (my father uses one on his DL1000 and LOVES it), but something simple, light, cheap, and removable was ideal for me. The Go Cruise fit the bill nicely. It holds a reasonably steady speed, fits in a pocket, and it doesn't add weight/complexity to the bike. I figured, for $15, it was worth a shot.

NOTE: It DOES take some getting used to, as it sits on the inside of the hand grip.

~Ex
  3. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

My wood for the 675 is obnoxious.
  4. Existence_Inc

Existence_Inc The Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I have lots of great pics too, but I won't derail the thread. :evil

~Ex
  5. 7days1shower

7days1shower Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Keen to see some pics of the throttle lock and the luggage hooks
  6. alohagirl

alohagirl Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Your bike is gorgeous!!!!! :raabia
  7. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Couldn't get you to bite on that chicken strip comment hah?? :D

What's shakin' L?? Guess who...
  8. DavidBanner

DavidBanner Banned

Oddometer:
    Toxic 675 thread, now!!!
  9. DavidBanner

DavidBanner Banned

Oddometer:
    whoa, 60??:huh

did that problem consist of two cylinders not getting any fuel?
  10. ECN-ROL

ECN-ROL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, it was a fork problem, so I was cruising steady around 60 mph on the interstate. It surprised me also, but I know the mileage was correct because I gassed up immediately before hitting the interstate and therefore had a full tank.
  11. CoffeeBaron

CoffeeBaron The ugly bike casanova

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

As said, heres a couple of pics of my supersport tourer! Sadly the weather is still grim here-and snow is on the way! But that ain't going to stop me :lol3
  12. WAP

WAP Weekday Warrior

Oddometer:
    Sounds more like a wrist problem. :evil
  13. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took the pegs to my friend who has been a motorcycle mechanic and even managed race teams for a while. He can fabricate the small spacers I need to make the pegs fit perfectly. Should be getting them back next thursday or so, so when I do I'll post pics of how they came out and how they feel. It is only a 1" drop, but I hope it helps my old bones! LOL
    Not that old, but not in the best shape and I've had 2 pretty bad accident in my riding years.
  14. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been riding since 1967, starting with a Suzuki 80. I've never been more than 2 weeks without a bike since then. Every new bike has been bigger, faster, heavier & more comfy than the last. I tour for a minimum of 3 weeks every year, & commute 9-10 months per year. 2 years back I was in the liter bike bracket, 600+ lbs, 110 HP, & finally came to my senses. I realized 2 things: that the sweet spot for me, personally is the 750; & it's easier to adapt a sport bike to touring than a touring bike to sport. I bought a leftover GSX 650 F, at a fire sale price & thought it would be a short term interim bike. After 2 years & 11,500 mi. I'm keeping it as long as I can. If I had to trade it in today, I know exactly what I'd get: a GSX 750. The Gxxer's power, handling, weight, brakes, wheelbase, are all just where I want them. The problems of long dist. touring can be met easily in the aftermarket. (bar risers, seat, luggage, heated grips.) I would rather sacrifice 5% of the comfort on the long drone to the twists in order to get 70% more fun once I get there.
  15. alohagirl

Oddometer:
    A 1" drop should make a huge difference .... can you describe what it is your mechanic is fabricating for you?
  16. alohagirl

Oddometer:
    Is a GSX 750 the same thing as a GSXR 750, or is it some cool bike the rest of the world gets and US doesn't?:D
  17. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe the GSX is the Katana.
    PM sent, and I'll post pictures of the finished product when I get them back.
  18. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, I just forgot to type in the R. I'm in the good 'ole USA, & subject to the same restrictions on the good stuff as all of us here. If you know anyone who is going over to Europe or Japan, would you have them tell someone that we don't all want cruisers?
  19. DavidBanner

DavidBanner Banned

Oddometer:
    jim...might i suggest we ride to Bar and have a mashed potato and bacon pizza?

i'm over by Danbury.
  20. gto3

gto3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree with Jim K.Sportbikes can make for great touring bikes.I just picked up an 09 zx6r about a month ago,I already put a dirt bar kit on it and I'm waiting for adjustable 2 inch lower pegs from wild hair accessories.I'll have a local welder here reposition the foot controls.I've never found a set of adjustable rear sets that come close to 2 inches.I'm 6'2 and need a lot of leg room.The 2011-2013 gixxer 750 is the bike I would have prefered but their are none for sale in the toronto area(atleast not for the money I wanted to spend) and I got a killer deal from a friend on the ninja.Wish I could post some pics but I seem to be unable to log into my photobucket account.Anyways ,congrats on the bike,happy riding:ricky