Vietnam 2012: “Ten toi la Momi »...made in Italy !

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by momi20, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Wasserhund

Wasserhund Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great job! A pleasure to read and the photos were fantastic!
  2. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMO I think that during a travel you've got to stay balanced between monuments and the life of the country: people are a very important part that and I always try to stay as more close as possible to them.
  3. gwedo

gwedo old enough to know better

Oddometer:
    fantastic report and photos cheers:bow
  4. CapoLee

CapoLee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am planing to go one day.Great information and pictures!!
  5. PDX Alamo

PDX Alamo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One of the best reports !!!! grazie mille!!! Great pictures and great humor ! Frenchy is probably running lotion on her hands right now to get rid of the aging :)
  6. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A proverb says: Revenge is a course you've got to eat cold :lol3:lol3:lol3:D:D:D

I appreciate your congratulations:freaky
  7. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Keep in mind even if you don't have long time: even a 10 days tour in the North will be something amazing.
  8. chazz

chazz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clapmomi20 Excellent thanks:clap
  9. ERIC DN

ERIC DN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Salve Mumo et grazie mille

Super trip, I will be free the first two weeks of february, and I was thinking to have a loop in north Vietnam renting a 250XR.
    do you confirm that we ca get the visa at the airport ?

Why Italians don't like french ??..........:evil:evil:evil, all french peoples don't want to explain the life at everybody............... just some:rofl:rofl:rofl

Eric (a french guy mixed italian end spanish)
  10. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes I can confirm that you can get the visam at the airport, but you've got to have the LOI ( Letter of Invitation) I think around 25 or 15 $. You can ask for this to Flamingo Travel. They put your name on a list with other tourists and send this to Foreign Ministery of Vietnam and after to you by mail. You must print it and show to the office at the airport and pay the 25 $.

Ok, my report (the last part) is about a particular french girl, but country doesn't matter: even scottish or peruvian or ...I don't know. The problem was that particular girl :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
  11. AleXtz

AleXtz Minimal2 the fulness

Oddometer:
    Momi, what an awesome trip, full of simplicity and good vibration... it is also interesting how you make interpretation of whatever people talk in vietnamese only by looking at their gestures, voice tones :freaky

one of the best reports i've ever enjoyed, thanks for sharing the pictures, videos and your whole experience

-Alejandro
  12. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Reading and speaking" by gestures is a typical italian way of doing...speaking by hands.
    Gestures are different around the world. For exemple in USA mime the horn with the hand means face directly a very difficult situation, in Italy means that your wife or girlfriend is having sex with another person:lol3:lol3:lol3
  13. feldjäger

feldjäger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great ride report! Vietnam is on my list of places to go, and on a bike for sure!:D
  14. ShaneBaby

ShaneBaby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fantastic!!! I too did solo from Hanoi to HCMC best ride of my life but I dont have your skill as a photographer. And I lost a lot of photos :(
    Thank you so much for letting me re-live.the best time of my life. I saw a lot of what you saw but not that narrow street in Hanoi? where you are on a bicycle? can you point to where it is please?

You had a much better choice of bike than me perfect I will go back someday.
    I know you must have found free lunch and rice wine while refueling? I love Vietnamese people! and the way of life

Loved the B and D prank on the pimp. Are you sure you didn't go back? haha

Congrats
  15. Hevy Kevy

Hevy Kevy ADDRider

Oddometer:
    Terrific ride report. I'm mid fifties and still travel hardcore, looking to Vietnam in two years. I rode Thailand on an XR250 in '85, silly, no helmet. got the worst sunburn on my forehaed. turned into a blister.... just waiting for the Melanoma to arrive. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us. :clap:clap
  16. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's always possible find time to share experiences with friend...ok virtual friend, but bikers :freaky
  17. telejojo

telejojo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huntsville Ala. foothills of the Smokey's
    I'm there also within 2 yrs. I will be asking you about the bike rental and how to get hooked up with that and how you packed etc. Great ride report besides Mexico it's next on my bucket list.
  18. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After some research on internet I've chosen http://www.flamingotravel.com.vn/, the owner Mr
    Hung Nguyen is very very professional and helpful even in the moment of the planning.
    My bike is a Yamaha Serow 230 cc: 30$/day.
    I travelled as light as possible: I think around 25 kg(55 pounds) of luggages: clothes, spare parts, camera ecc...

if you have any more question, just ask. :clap

19. JonS

JonS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One of the best ride reports I have read! Obviously, you have the gift of living life to the fullest. Thanks for sharing.
  20. momi20

momi20 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It comes very natural for me try to stay as close as possible to the locals. Even a very simple activity, as buy food in a store, is intriguing in a foreign country: the kind of food, how people buy the food, the lane at the cash register.
    Probably if I had 4 hours to spent in a city, 2 will be dedicated to monuments and 2 to market, bar ecc...

Sharing my vacation with other bikers is apleasure :freaky