CT/RI Small Bike Crash-o-Rama rides!

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by alcontrast, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. alcontrast

alcontrast at least I'm trying

Oddometer:
    I don't know if my video tops yours MATPOC (those are some cool ruins for the New England area!) but here's the start of my ride today.. I think I may take a few weeks off from riding the DRZ after this one; which would be fine since it needs a bunch of maintenance anyway....

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ImSAYYrJz8c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="720" width="1280"></iframe>

The closing image: I thought I'd take a hint from Rob since he seems to have this stuff figured out better than I!!

After watching the video I took a closer look at my helmet.. I think my thighs hitting the bars (especially my right leg) stopped most of my forward momentum but my helmet hit the tree as well. It was a pretty good hit mostly since it was SO straight on..

The rest of the day I was definitely off my game seeing as I had limited use of my right leg and right hand but it was a fun ride and I always like to see people pushing their limits! It bums me out a little seeing how easy it seams for P-Funk though.. I guess I really am getting old!
  4. Rhode trip

Rhode trip guided by voices Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ouch!
  5. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    Apparently Al and I swapped bodies for a short while today. :D

Re-posted video since we switched pages so fast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ImSAYYrJz8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. gpj530

gpj530 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glade to see for the most part all is ok That hit could of ended worse..It was a nice day to ride I was stuck working this weekend
  8. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks like big hit, glad you OK Al!

We didn't just explore ruins, Maat led me on some fast roads where I practiced some falling, posted my vid on the Big Bike thread. There are few more, have not completely processed the footage, I'm using Contour's software and it's a PITA to clip and upload.

we had a variety of obstacles from wet leaves in the forest to some deep water on the gas line

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GqqztOtTxMA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. lester3

lester3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    whoa!! hope you are ok. was that in the begining of the ride ? next time iwill take your advice.... small bike. lol. even though i left early 2day ...had fun. thanks
  10. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Sorry if I'm screwing everyone up. You guys make a new thread for small bikes and I bring the 990. :lol3 It was a blast and quite challenging for me. I'm happy that I kept the rubber side down. I could have probably done the last section with you guys but Lester was really ready to go. I did what any friend would do and ride back with him.
  11. lester3

lester3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ditto!!
  12. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    lol, I know no one believes that excuse.

Here are the pics I grabbed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my favorite one of the day...

[​IMG]
  13. alcontrast

alcontrast at least I'm trying

Oddometer:
    Rob, Lester, or anyone else willing to take big bikes on small bike rides.. you are more than welcome to come along! I love seeing bigger bikes being ridden beyond their design expectations!

As for me.. I am fine, nothing fractured (I'm fairly positive) but I'll have some good bruises for sure.. My crash was in the first ten minutes on the dirt when I was just playing around. My right hand and right leg both got caught up in bike parts so the rest of the ride I had limited use of my right side.. It made for an interesting ride at least...

Mrt10x. Thanks again for bringing down that starter relay/solenoid.. It made all the difference for me today!

MatPoc.. if you are using a PC I have a cracked version of Cyberlink PowerDirector I could send you.. The Contour software is crap...

Rob.. Did you catch the homage to you at the end of my video?
  14. MATPOC

MATPOC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Al, I got Mac, few of them, all Intel based but none are newer than 2 years old, was told that I can edit HD using iMovie and it works with my camcorder (some fancy AVCHD thing I bought when the kid was born) but I can't get the Contour video in to iMovie...

anyway, I need to learn how to ride before the video editing, although both can be done concurrently, especially in winter.

I need to get a truck, trailer or something, friend of mine is out of town most of the winter on business and he offered his EXC 525, he even told me it's OK to crash it! ... but I got to pick it up in Northampton, it's plated but I don't want to take it for a 100 mile highway ride or slab it back and fourth to Pachaug this winter.

I can probably throw a hitch on my Accord? IIRC p-funk towing with a Jetta?
  15. maat

maat meh.

Oddometer:
    hmmmm.... iMovie only gave me an upload of 360p.

Some really fast riding today. I was a little too far back to get a good view of MATPOCs second bath but I give his dismount a 9.8.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iJ8J6fDpfPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  16. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    You pay for gas, I'll ride up with ya in my truck. Nice KTM/ Ducati dealer up there. That's where I bought the 990.
  17. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    you can put a hitch on anything

[​IMG]
  18. CT DUAL-SPORT

CT DUAL-SPORT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Al - I hope you heal quickly! Thanks again for setting up a great day of riding! The video you posted is a freightful reminder of the risks we take as riders. It is nice to have a great - small community of riders that truly care.

I'll post my video in a few days...

-Shawn
  19. Turtledub

Turtledub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was a pretty good hit mostly since it was SO straight on..
    I guess I'll have to take responsibility for that Al. Sorry! Obviously, if your're following me you don't have enough speed to maintain proper controll. :lol3 Heal quick.
  20. RhodeHazard

RhodeHazard ex halligan hooligan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Save the clips using Contours Storyteller software and then Import them into iMovie to edit.