XR400 Revloc parts?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by TheHoff, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TheHoff

TheHoff Don't Hassle Him

Oddometer:
    Hello all-

I also asked this in the XR400 megathread, but this seems more direct.

I'm looking at a used Revloc for an XR400. Great potential price. It's the type that used a revloc branded basket and pressure plate- not a simple dyna-ring drop in.

Seller says it may need new plates soon, but I can't find any info on replacements.

So the question: Does that version of the Revloc use stock XR400 clutch parts in the aftermarket basket? Or are the Revloc specific friction plates/steel plates simply NLA?

Thanks in advance.
  2. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Moved to Thumpers.

The Garage is for garage topics (tools, tips, etc). The bike specific forums are the place to ask for help in working on your bike.
  3. TheHoff

TheHoff Don't Hassle Him

Oddometer:
    Oops, too many tabs open. Thanks for moving it over.
  4. TheHoff

TheHoff Don't Hassle Him

Oddometer:
    I thought it would be easy to find out, but I can't find any official Revloc documentation. The company is still active in Australia, so I sent them an email a couple days ago and have not heard anything back yet.

Hopefully someone out there knows :ear
  5. KrAzyOSUcOwBoY

KrAzyOSUcOwBoY kRaZy

Oddometer:
    Steels and fibers are stock or aftermarket XR4 parts. Outer basket is OEM specifically modified by Revloc. I "think" the only mod to the outer basket is to drill and tap for the T15 torx screws that attach the Revloc pressure plate. Other than the outer basket there is essentially nothing to wear out in the Revloc unit. The pressure plate is all aluminum and when you see the internals, steel balls and ramps machined in the alum top and bottom halves of the pressure plate, which could wear eventually and would not be replaceable, the unit is more or less bullet proof. Hope this helps.
  6. TheHoff

TheHoff Don't Hassle Him

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

This is what I was guessing because I know they used to do a swap for your old basket. They must have just modified the stock baskets and sent them back out.

I went ahead and bought the used Revloc and hope it works as well as people say. Sounds pretty sweet. :clap

I'll compare my current clutch disks (1998 original!) with the used included ones and use whatever is in better spec. :deal