Rotopax Fuel Pack. AdvRider discount...

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by pfb, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am considering the same on My 800 GS with the Gobi bags. Would be hard to get the bolts through both halves of the case so that you could still get to the rear lock.. Here is my Mock up.... They would be mounted level and straight with the front of the bags. Know they weight is back on the bike but would not be in my way. Would put a piece of heat resistance material on the side of the 1 GAl near the exhaust. will check with a temperature guage to see what heat is really there. Never impacted my Gobi bags before so think that it will be OK for these. (except they hold Gasoline :eek1)

[​IMG]

From the back provides additional color and visibility.

[​IMG]
  2. booger1

booger1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, that's what i'm thinking. Maybe putting a piece of aluminium on the inside to help spread the weight.
  3. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    was planning on the Aluminum plate as well :D
  4. Alleycatdad

Alleycatdad Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer:
    True Norcal, not that Bay Area/Sacto Crap...
    Got my storage boxes and 1 gals this week. Prototyped up a couple of mount plates out of PE...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was planning on having the plates made up in aluminum, but my fab guy says I'm nuts. He says the PE is better to fall on, plenty strong, and less likely to crack than aluminum and will hold up better if I fall on it. We'll see...

Ugly, though, but for $3 each I can do ugly.

Steve
  5. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up two 1gals and a 1 gal water jug. Excellent quality!!!

I plan on strapping each to a side pannier but am wondering if anyone knows of a mounting kit that is ready-to-go that can easily mount with the F800GS OEM top box. I'm thinking of a mounting plate that goes under the top case mount and mounts to so that it can be used with or without the topbox and the L brackets would come out on each side of the topbox and have locking rotopax mounts. I don't want to drill into the top box and do not have the tools or knowledge to do the project myself.

Has anyone already done this?
  6. RotopaX

RotopaX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GOOD NEWS! RotopaX is able to change our current 10% discount on our products to a 20% off discount at least thru 2011. Use the same ADVRIDER discount coupon when checking out thru our website at www.rotopax.com. We are not able to offer this discount to other sites but the GREAT number customers placing orders using the current ADVrider makes it possible.

Happy Trails!

:clap

Attached Files:

7. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    Update 9/1/11:

Jason from Rotopax wanted me to let everyone know that he is bumping the discount back up to 20%, at least through the end of the year!
    Coupon is still "ADVRIDER"
  8. mikeash

mikeash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought two of the one gallon cans earlier this year. Love them. I carry both when I'm on my 950 adventure, and one when I'm on my TE510.

One can fits perfectly flat on the pro moto billet rack, and I use two Rok Straps to secure it. Crash tested with no movement or leaking.:clap
    [​IMG]
  9. ktm950se

ktm950se Banned

Oddometer:
    Still waiting on a reply to this...
  10. ekms377

ekms377 The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer:
    How did you secure it to the rack???
  11. mji294

mji294 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just placed an order for the fuel packs. Jason is giving ADV members 20% off on all products.. Great stuff at a great price..

:D
  12. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are the springs in the eco spout known to fall out or is it just me? Two of them on my new 1 gallon cans decided that they didn't want to stay put. The spouts still work but without the springs.
  13. mikeash

mikeash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the pro moto billet rack and run one rok strap side to side and one lengthwise. The
    excess is tucked into the center opening of the rotopax can.
  14. Cisco_k

Cisco_k Chuck

Oddometer:
    I just placed an order for four two gallon tanks and four locking pack mounts. The discount for ADVRIDER is currently 15%. Discount was about $60 and freight was about $40 so the discount was the better deal.
  15. ducpilot

ducpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up a pair of 1 Gal Rotopax a few years ago and these things are awsome! Last year we rode through temperatures ranging from below 30 degrees to over 100 degrees in a matter of half a day and althought they looked like ballons we didn't have a single leak and they still work great!

With the big Touratech gas tank I don't need the extra fuel often now so I was just on to order water cans but the website insn't working today (I'm sure they will fix it soon)

[​IMG]
    Bret Tkacs ,puget sound safety, PSSOR adventure training camp
  16. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have now read several posts from inmates that are unhappy with the locking mount not *unlocking*.

I'm wondering if this is an *old* problem since resolved, and if there is a known *fix*?
  17. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    I'd contact Jason at Rotopax directly. He's a super nice guy and I'm sure he'll give you the straight story if there is a problem.
  18. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:

Agreed. he is a nice guy, no doubt. But I felt the subject was worthy of an explanation in the thread since it has been mentioned several times, and other users/potential customers should hear it from the horse's mouth.

The locking mount would be an integral part of the system for me, and if it is not stone-cold reliable, I would be more inclined to look at a bladder, instead.

And I have no intention of disparaging Rotopax at all. I would prefer to use it before the other choices in the market. But I would like Jason's thoughts, and I felt others might also.
  19. panorton

panorton Charming as F**k

Oddometer:
    I noticed they currently have free shipping to the lower 48. does this work along with the ADV discount? or am i being greedy.:evil
  20. hyperboarder

hyperboarder Potato Farmer

Oddometer:
    If there's a way to make it work I'd be all over it. As is, they don't stack.