L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Mar 5, 2008.

1. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    don't forget to remove the decal on you skid plate....:lol3

[​IMG]
  2. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this the correct way!
    [​IMG]

don't know were this pic from...
    [​IMG]
  3. rinconrider

rinconrider Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer:
    awesome pics boys - is this the baja rr thread? :rofl

i'm going to DV in a few weeks (not with adv DV noobs ride unfotunately).

last time i went up 395 and by the time i got there on my drz i had no butt left. this time it's on the wrr so even smaller... don't wanna go that way.

i'd love to hear suggestions of places to ride through that are not on the hwy. i'll probably also take 2 days and camp. where to camp? cal city? red rock? :lurk

i never get out that way but i know many of you do... :ear

thx

wes
  4. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    no this is the LA wknd ride... since the ride was on weekend with LA weekend riders....:wink:
  5. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Here's what I did this weekend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
  8. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

beautiful saddle btw....
  9. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Just needs a bit of snow and mud to be perfect!
  10. WHYNOWTHEN

WHYNOWTHEN where are the pedals?

Oddometer:
    Nice pics Danny. Who is the guy in the green jacket whose bike seems to be down more than up?:clap :clap :clap
  11. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Some guy with funny accent... :photog
  12. toast

toast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That look very inviting :tb
  13. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:

wes, there's a dirt road next to the 395 and pretty easy, some portion sandy but won't be an issue with the wr. i have a gps track but don't have it with me. even if you venture away towards east, hard to get lost.

i'm sure it won't be long...:evil
  14. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    I am in GA for work. I will be posting sorry pics of my Sunday ride up to Paso Robles and return via mostly back roads. I expect I will get pics loaded tonight.
  15. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    ...I managed to sneak up into Angeles Forest on the Acton side yesterday. Figured the US Forestry boys would be off since it was Prez Day.
    Awesome views of the burn up there...managed to get about 5 miles in then turned back cuz I was tired from working on Maggies farm all day, ...and I was riding like an old bitch.
    Next time I'm goin' to da top Alice!
  16. Earl999

Earl999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotta wonder why it's stil closed?

What's there to damage, or burn?
  17. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    I ask about this stuff when I see my friend who works with the forest service. It all gets complicated and I just stare at him.
    "The closures are there as a measure to implement a long term regrowth plan, blah, blah, blah."
    In the end, my understanding it is the fear of roads and trails being washed out or giving way due to there being little or no vegetation to stabilize the slopes. It's mostly a liability thing. Irresponsible off road use in the recently burned areas is always brought up as well.
    While there may not be much to burn right now, there is lots of damage to be done.
  18. Earl999

Earl999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would say BS, one storm would cause more damage and erosion than any off road use would (IMO).
  19. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Again, I am told it is mostly about liability concerning "potentially" unsafe/unstable roads. This is the gubberment we're talking about here. It is their job to protect the masses (from themselves) in their opinion.

As for erosion and bikes vs. storms... Yes, the storms would win.
    In the eyes of the forest service, one of these is preventable and manageable through enforcement.
  20. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    This is wat you expect for next month Baja ride :deal ,Pictures cortesie o Motosoto

<TABLE class=tborder id=post12178063 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_12178063><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by trailtrick
    The stuff south o ojos negros is ok ,i did it on my 950 with out to much work , i will try the bad stuff from mikes to el coyote next month and i will go tru ramona's and the goat trail ,so well see how bad that stuff is .
    Yes i like those piss o shiat trails the 10 miles take you few hours :deal

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [/quote]

...brother-man, it's all yours-knock yourself out...I'm sure it'll be much better to ride through by the end of the month/March...
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Steven David Soto

––––––––––––––––––––––––
    "...There are few things as convincing as death to remind us of the quality with which we live our life..."

<!-- / sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>[​IMG] Blame MaddBrit </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    •that was where most of the damage was...best way to connect the two [mikes-el coyote] would be through El Corrral Falso to Los Encinos. Some folks get a boner over riding through that stuff, but all it does is slow you down, fry your clutch and turn a 10mile section into an all-day feat. Amazing to see what was once a great safe/sano route that you could have a great time on-become a route where you need to notify your next of kin before you leave...

Valle-T to San Vicente, didn't trek through that route, but I assume that it's got a few sore spots. We also avoided the route South out of Ojos Negros towards Tres Hermanos/Pedregoso/Uruapan for concern over the routes being played-out and impassable...

We just took it easy and managed to get through some stuff, but we had plenty of "turn around and go back" situations...some real nice spots for the "I'm faster than you types" to get a fucking surprise of a lifetime around each turn-tons of "the road ain't there anymore" areas, complete with rocky welcome at the bottom...

...the area North of the "Goat Trail" was completely washed-out up to Nuevo Junction...you can get/try a farm/rancher route South to Indepencia/Highway 3 and try routing around here and there...another good place to burn through gas trying to find a way around a football field size lake...I'm sure as this month plays out-it will dry out and some routes will become passable...see you out there [02/26-28th]!

How bad was from Mike's to Rancho "el coyote "??[/quote]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Steven David Soto

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99224419@N00/<!--EndFragment--><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->