Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ChrisK7

ChrisK7 KTM crash dummy

Oddometer:
    You have no idea your riding a 500lb bike do you. :lol3
    Great vid.
    Ordered the Optimus lights, really looking forward to getting them on the new 1190R.
    Thanks for everything.
    Chris
  2. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Chris:clap
    I wish I would have known you where installing these on a new 1190R. We are looking for a semi local bike to make a model specific kit for, I guess your not really semi local, but I love road trips:lol3

Whats your plan for mounts?
  3. ChrisK7

ChrisK7 KTM crash dummy

Oddometer:
    For now I was just going to mount them on the crash bars.
    On my SMT I have them mounted underneath the headlight fairing with sw motech mounts. I perfer those over the crash bar mount myself. It's nice to have them up a little higher.
    Yes, I wish I was closer to you, I would already be there if it wasn't for that mountain full of snow in between us. LOL
  4. cba191

cba191 wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer:
    any more sales coming up? I blew my black friday wad on camping gear for an upcoming trip. :(

I can't believe I just read the whole thread....
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Sorry we very rarely have a "sale" we do always do offer an ADV rider discount. Use code ADV at checkout.
  6. cba191

Oddometer:
    Ive pretty much decided on ordering these, but I have a couple questions to ask.
    Would I be better off wiring directly to the battery or running it through a fuzeblock?

I'm mainly getting it for a month long ride in Alaska, so seeing things before I hit them would be nice. (I know that the sun is up 22 hours a day, but I've hit deer in my car. On a bike looks a lot less fun.)
  7. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Thank You.:clap
    What bike are we talking about? Generally no fuse block is required. (Our harnesses have fuses built in) Usually the reason to run a fuse block is that a guy wants to run several accs limiting how much he can tie into the battery terminals or the lack of a good switched power source. The lights pull .88 amps each.
  8. cba191

Oddometer:
    They're going on a 2002 Triumph Tiger. I'll be going on a tide to Alaska for about a month this summer. Lighting is something that I think is critical for something like that. The reason I asked about the fuzeblock is that I am putting one on to clean up the wiring a bit.
  9. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    When I was just an offroader and did very little time on the street, I never thought about lights for anything but to see and go fast at night, even while owning this business, my sole focus was night racing and riding. Since getting into ADV bikes my eyes have been opened.
    I've not only figured out that lights during the day are a really good thing, I think they have saved me from many collisions with cages.
    If your installing a fuse block by all means use it, however your tiger does not require it. It will give you several options on how you want to setup your lighting.
  10. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    For anyone that would wrongfully assume that my post above says no fuse required, please realize that our complete kits with harnesses are fuse protected. So you can run them to the battery if you like.:dealIf you don't use our harness it is highly advisable to use some sort of fuse protection with any aux lighting.
  11. cba191

Oddometer:
  12. xtphreak

xtphreak from B4 "adventure bikes" Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod

Didn't have time to do more than open the box and peek inside before it was time to leave.

Shoulda known better since everything else is so professionally done
    :fpalm

Sent from my dRoiD3 with the help of 44 cyber-enhanced dwarves
  13. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Yes the pad the lights are mounted on swivel 360 degrees left and right as well as rotate up and down on the tube.
  14. cba191

Oddometer:
    and the waiting begins...
  15. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir :clap
  16. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    A few have requested individual photo shots of beam patterns in addition to the animation.
    Ill break that up into the individual lights

The truck is parked at exactly 600 ft, the gate behind the truck is slightly more than 900 ft. Note these photos are taken on light absorbing dirt, not a reflective paved road. The cones are at exactly 100 ft intervals. No BS photos here:deal

Here are the Long Range LEDs, Ill add the Long Range Extreme and NXG LEDs asap

10 degree Long Range lights

[​IMG]

20 degree Long Range

[​IMG]

Combo package one 10 and one 20 Degree Long Range light

[​IMG]
  17. GentlyBentley

GentlyBentley Lost Logger

Oddometer:
    Yess, now they have arrived!

[​IMG]

But, alas, so has a bill from SKAT, which is the Danish Tax Authorities. Remember ye all within the EU: Tax and VAT will be added, which put another 32% to the pice:(:
    Well, done is done, tried one of them on a 9-volt battery. Still have got a bright yellow square inside my head when I close my eyes. Now looking forward to try them in real life.
  18. cba191

Oddometer:
    I've always wondered why they call it a "value added tax". It almost seems like they're trying to convince you that it's a benefit.
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:

Ouch looks like you guys get hosed when buying products from the US. I wish we could do something about that.
    I'm surprised they fired with a 9 volt battery, although they are rated from 9 to 32V I wouldn't think a 9v battery had enough current. that's impressive, might make a good trade show display, wait till you try real power.
  20. ChrisK7

ChrisK7 KTM crash dummy

Oddometer:
    I received my round 10 degree lights and got them mounted up with the crash bar mounts I already had.
    I don't know if I like the mounts all that much. A little on the delicate side for those lights I think. Plus I wish they were a little higher up like the ones on my SMT in the background in the pictures.
    The lights themselves are freaken awesome. I haven't wired them into the bike yet but I did hook them to a car battery and light up the neighborhood. :lol3
    Outstanding light, service, and build quality.
    Very happy with the lights, quick shipping, and excellent communication.:clap
    I may have to fire up the milling machine and build my own light mounts for this bike if I can't find any others that I like.
    Thanks again for the excellent service and product.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]