LEDRider - Quality LED aux lighting

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by JustinP, Oct 13, 2013.

1. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    How many WATTS per light (LR4) is used ?

Is it 1.8 amps per light or for a pair ?
  2. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    That's per light. Each one draws about 28 watts.
  3. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    FYI Folks, we still have a few dimmers left from the first batch that we're giving away free with a pair of lights. See this post for more info.

We're working on Dimmer Version 2 that will address the cosmetic flaws with the first batch. Those should be in stock within a month.
  4. Drabnor

Drabnor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the free dimmer and the 15% off! Going with the pair of LR4s. Will run the dimmer to the highbeams. Going on my new 350 exc. Will post pics when I get it all installed, pick the bike up on the 22nd... :clap
  5. Hack'dTiger

Hack'dTiger Ride more. Worry Less.

Oddometer:
    Unless I missed it, what brackets were used for mounting on the s10? :ear
  6. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Here's what the owner of that S10 said: "I just pivoted the stock mounts and bolted the lights into the OEM top mounting holes."

I don't have a S10 handy at the moment to verify what that means, but I assume there are stock light or crash bar mounts up there under the nose. I believe he also reversed the mounts on the lights themselves. I can ask for a close-up shot of the mounting if that would help.
  7. Hack'dTiger

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. Yep, a close-up would be appreciated! :beer
  8. mbabc

mbabc Journeyman Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Been too cold to fiddle with my install on the LR4 lights but I'm going to use 1/8 aluminum angle bolted to the OME mounting points.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Thanks - beat me to getting the pics. Yup, thats the same location the other s10 lights are mounted, except without brackets added. He just flipped the light bracket so it was vertical.
  10. Hack'dTiger

Oddometer:
    ^ ^ ^

Thanks for the pics! :beer
  11. krumgrinder

krumgrinder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One less dealie available for the rest of you. :evil Thanks for the discount and blem freebie on the dimmer, Justin; your attention to detail/fit/finish is a credit to you. :thumb
  12. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Looks like my lights have made it to the UK. Haven't been delivered to me yet because the bastards stung me for £12 "Import VAT" and a £8 handling charge which I needed to pay before they'd deliver. Seems that we get ripped off even for a "gift" these days. Sad world we live in these days where you can't bloody move without being taxed. :cry:cry:cry
  13. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    You're welcome, and, thanks :)

I tried, I guess "they" were too smart for us. :(
  14. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    In Germany gifts are taxed also. Anything I sent my then girlfriend, now wife, she had to pick it up at the customs office.
  15. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Not your fault. I read up on it and they sting us for this import VAT whether it's a gift or not! Bloody rip off really.

Obviously an EU rip off.
  16. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Somebody needs your hard earned money :deal

FYI - down to a handful of freebie dimmers. If you want to get in on the last few, pre-order deal can be found on the URL below:

**Link removed - free dimmer deal is done**

Were back ordered on the LR4 until next week, and the remaining from this deal will be shipped when they arrive. Once we've gone through this batch, dimmers will be a $20 option with a pair of lights.
  17. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I received my LR4 lights last week and got them installed and working today. Took a test ride after dark and they really light up the road and bar ditches. Love them!

Question about the Bypass/blue wire. I thought at first that was a 'trigger' somewhat like a relay, but now I'm thinking if there is power on it that is what feeds the light? If that is the case in order to bypass the dimmer with the bright light switch it seems I should use the bright light to latch a relay that would then feed power to the light? Or can I just tap into the bright power with the blue wire? This is on a F800GS with a Canbus, not sure how the Canbus will feel about using some extra power.

I hope you can understand my questions, I'm not sure they sense to anyone but me.

18. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bill, glad you like the lights :)

The blue wire does not supply any power. When connected to a 12v source, the blue triggers an electronic switch in the dimmer that bypasses the dimmed setting and sends full power to the output (gray/white). Did you see the wiring instructions posted here: http://ledrider.com/dimmer-wiring/ - that should clear up any questions, but please, send me a message if you need any help.

As to the Canbus, I doubt that the small draw of the bypass wire would cause any issue. It only pulls a few milliamps. And, I would suggest using a Posi-Tap (http://www.posi-lock.com/posiplug.html) if you're tapping into the highbeam wire, or any other factory wiring. The directions I posted above should cover everything, but again, if you need any help, let me know.
  19. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Justin, thanks for the quick response, posted my question, went to bed, woke up and here's my answer! :1drink

I read the wiring instructions once then forgot them. Makes sense that the blue wire is only a trigger. I have my lights wired like the diagram (powered from a Fuzeblock with relay) except I taped off the blue wire until I was sure how to use it. I have Posi-Taps for connecting this kind of thing.

Thanks.

20. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    No problem, glad to help. Would love to see some install pictures :)