College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NativeSon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    If there were any razorback fans in the house, they're sure as hell not going to identify themselves now.

After watching this video, the thought that came to my head was, "Maybe jean shorts aint so bad."
  2. The_Commander

The_Commander The Man. Supporter

Oddometer:
    According to a source of mine in the UT AD, the University of Florida returned some 4000 unsold/unwanted tickets to this weekend's game in Knoxville.

So, the question is: "Are Florida fans....?"

A) Hoping for a new coach?
    B) Not willing to travel and watch to mid-pack teams play?
    C) No clean jorts, gonna watch it on ESPN.
  3. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    I actually think that one is kind of funny..and at least she can sing.

This is Sad.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fe_HxauaW-I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fe_HxauaW-I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  4. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    ...and in an act of self-deprication, this is the all-time best (worst).

<object height="315" width="420">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgbBP9Em00A?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="420"></object>

There just is no crazy like SEC crazy :thumb
  5. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow. Just wow. 'Bama has some BSC fans. At least he didn't poison anything...
  6. bergermeister

bergermeister Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. ScottDill

Oddometer:
  8. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    Who is we?
  10. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    It didnt sound as cool when I typed, "the PAC can have the heisman. The SEC will take the crystal football."
  11. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. One thing to say "we" when you are talking Florida football. A whole different thing when you begin to claim a whole conference. :norton
  12. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll keep that in mind.
  13. Jurgen

Oddometer:

I find the tag along interesting. I compare it to NFL. Now according to the SEC boosters if the Broncos (my team) aren't in the running I should root for the Raiders or the Chargers.

I have enough Kansas/Missouri relatives that I could cheer for the Chiefs. But the Raiders? The Chargers? NFW.

But that is what rivalry is about, not kissing the ass of your "enemy." :lol3

Let me put it another (regional) way. If cu were playing BYU in the National Championship game I wouldn't watch. I wouldn't cheer as "my region" was finally getting its due.

Hell, I'd probably look at moving to Australia. :D

but judging by the peeps here, SEC fans don't understand rivalry. :evil
  14. Bubwheat

Bubwheat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hold it a minute! I thought the only team NS liked from Florida was FAU. No? :huh
  15. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    He said if an SEC team wins the Championship its much like Florida winning the Championship. :lol3 :evil
  16. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I see your point Jurgen but...

I've ALWAYS rooted for SEC schools when they play out of conference. I was brought up that way by my Dad. I don't know exactly why it started but the logic was if the conference team won it would be a benefit to the whole conference. I despise Florida and Auburn but I pulled for both schools as if I was an alumn when they played for the title against other conferences. I rooted for Auburn over Clemson and 'Bama over Michigan in the first week this year and so on. However, I do not pull for Georgia Tech, FSU or any of the other conferences schools even if they're in the south. So it's not exactly a regional thing. The same logic does NOT apply to professional sports for me. I root against the other teams in the NL East in favor of my Braves. The other SEC schools are like brothers in my eyes. If brothers are fighting it get's vicious but if you fight someone that has brothers you'll have to fight them all. It doesn't make total sense but there's a sense of SEC pride that predates the 6 straight titles, I promise.
  17. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll go one step further. In 2010 I was certain that Auburn cheated to get Cam Newton and I was so disgusted with the dirty play of Nick Fairley that I would've hit him with my truck (the only fair fight). I felt like their whole season should be erased and the program should get the death penalty. I still pulled for Auburn over Oregon. I wanted the SEC to win on the field. Crazy huh?

:norton
  18. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Breaking news: ND to join ACC. Both parties still irrelevant.
  19. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    So instead you went to NOLA and got yourself a VooDoo doll and have been creating havoc since? Nice job by they way, they suck now.
  20. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wish I could take credit.