Dual Squadron XL Race Light

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Baja Designs, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting

Oddometer:
    For those who want a race-ready LED to clear a trail, or for those ready to swap out their Baja Designs LaPaz 8'' Race Light for a LED with the power to outshine. We at Baja Designs proudly introduce the Dual Squadron XL Race Light, Including 2 new Squadron XL's of whichever pattern you choose, wiring harness and mounting brackets, this light kit is sure to light up the darkest of trails. And using the Squadron XL's high speed LED, you get the brightness and carry of a HID, and the durability and longevity of a LED. This race light runs at 8600 lumens, with a draw of 86 watts, and a weight of 6.45 lbs. You too can light up the night with the new Dual Squadron XL Race Light for $874.95 available at BajaDesigns.com. For any addition questions or forum discount shoot me an Email (Christian@bajadesigns.com), message or phone call (760) 560 2252.
    [​IMG]
  2. skidrow

skidrow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome set up. Can you better describe how it mounts and add some pics. Thanks.
  3. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    We will have some pictures of it on-bike when we get the light back from SEMA, but it mounts to our Racelight quick-release receiver kits like so:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the question, and if want anymore pics or have questions I would be more than happy to answer them.
  4. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    Here is a picture of the Dual Squadron XL Race Light on a KTM[​IMG]
  5. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    This will replace the Twin 8" La Paz in so far as the depth of the beam/
    So is this a 100+mph light solution and is it comparable to the KTM B1K (PR/OnX/OnX) light?

Pretty cool that BD is selling the KTM light, do you also sell the frame lug to fit it?
  6. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    We are still testing the Dual Squadron XL Racelight, and we will have definitive results. As far as I am aware the 8'' LaPaz HID will project a little bit farther, but when comparing it to the Dual Squadron you will definitely get a wider beam spread. And yes the Squadron XL's are all high-speed but the KTM B1K will still provide the best Racelight performance. But unless your willing to pay for the B1K, I would say you will be more than satisfied with the performance of the Dual Squadron XL Racelight.
  7. Forzato

Forzato baboodee

Oddometer:
    Baja Designs: Any light performance graphs? More photos of installed lights? Other data?

Users: Any feedback on the lights? Their operation? The install?

Thank you... these lights look great on paper!
  8. trc.rhubarb

trc.rhubarb ZoomSplat!

Oddometer:
    I have the regular squadrons on my GS. The quality is great, they seem to be made with top quality in mind. Looking at the housing, it's a work of art!

I've run them now for over 20k miles in all weather conditions and on ALL the time but on a dimmed setting (20%) most of the time and full power on highbeam switch.. It doesn't matter what else I'm in, it feels like the headlights are off now compared to the GS. My wife was just bitching at me last night for constantly turning the high-beams on and off on her car with HID Projectors. I just felt like I didn't have a good view of the road.

They are expensive but I've not regretted my purchase at all. I did have 1 issue with my dimmer and they had a new one overnighted to me with an RMA label for the old one. No BS, no 'give us a credit card', no ship it on my dime... just fixed it immediately.

BD will be my choice for all future aftermarket lighting.:deal
  9. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Vertically stacked would have been way cooler. :wink:
  10. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Can you stack them the other way? :)
  11. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    To get the full use of light patterns and optimal performance our ClearView optics the choice was made to go horizontal. A vertically stacked Double race light with these LEDs would have caused a waste of light due to the overlapping of patterns.
  12. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I run the twin lapaz hid lights on my xr
    [​IMG]

Are these LEDs better or worse than the HIDs for all round use?

Can you dim these LEDs?

Is the squadron xl the same as the squadron ?

Thanks
  13. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    For all around use the Squadron XL's are a much high quality and more durable light. The Squadron XL's come with an internal dimmer that can be activated by a momentary switch, which we also have available. The Squadron XL and the Squadron provide the same amount of lumens (4300), but the way that the Squadron XL provides a high-speed beam that allows you to drive at 100mph + without any worry of outrunning you light. This gives you a "safety light" to feel comfortable riding at high-speeds. Let me know if you have any more questions or want more information I will be more than happy to help.- Christian
  14. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow thanks Christian. Can I use my normal receiver to mount them?
  15. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So what sort of distance and width (meters pls) can you expect from the squadrons ?

Does the kit weigh less than the twin lapaz lights I have ?
  16. dcparks

dcparks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wow - check out the headlights on that hot little number in red! there is no way those things are real....:wink:
  17. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    The Squadron XL Dual Racelight includes rubberized clamps to mount to your bike. We have not yet found long flat enough area of land to properly test the spread and beam distance of the Squadron XL because of the power and length of the light. I will gladly post the results once we conduct the testing. And the Dual LaPaz Racelight weighs 12.9 lbs. and the Squadron XL Dual Racelight weighs 7.7 lbs., Hope this information helps- Christian
  18. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So almost half the weight that's great.

Can they be incorporated into my hi low switch on my xr Honda ?
  19. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    One more question - what's the real lumen count between the twin lapaz and these new lights ?
  20. Baja Designs

Oddometer:
    I have not heard anyone with that mod, but it does seem possible. The Squadron XL Dual Racelight uses two toggle switches to activate each light. So the wiring from the toggles would go to your leads to your high and low switches and would turn on one or both of the Squadron XL's. As for the lumen comparison between the lights, HID's normally are not measured in lumens just because it uses light that cant be seen by the human eye as well usable light. But most accurate lumen count I can get for the Dual LaPaz Racelight is 7000, 3500 per LaPaz. And Squadron XL Dual Racelight provides 8600 lumens, 4300 per Squadron XL. I hope you found this information helpful. And thanks again for your interest in our products.- Christian