2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series

Discussion in 'Racing' started by nachtflug, Apr 11, 2013.

1. muskieken

muskieken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what were his comments, i missed the broadcast

ps i listened the mx podcast , that tony needs lots help, what a spin master
    wonder what would of happened if someone did that to the 800
  2. triumph406

triumph406 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks pretty simple and logical to me, can't see what the problem is, despite what MXA seems to think. JS deserved the overall, everybody here on the couch watching TV knew that JS was 1st overall, and Canard 2nd overall. The problem is people can't add. Don't change the system just because a few are mathematically challanged
  3. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

"No comment."
  4. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    so moving right along...Shayna Texter won the Sacramento Mile this weekend..:huh

(she's a girl..)
  5. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    She won the singles class, but Kawasakis 1-2-3 in the pro main will certainly have the American Harley Association looking to add weight or further restrict those massive 650cc beasts. :lol3
  6. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I wonder if Jeff Alessi was anywhere near Sacramento this weekend?
  7. skwidd

Oddometer:

The girl would have beat him too.
  8. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll take that pro singles any day. :deal

Good to see Japanese parallel twins dominating at some places. I'd like to see a Duc 749 or three in there too. I think the couple ducs before were air cooled Pantah's. The 749 has more potential I think. Add some flywheel maybe.
  9. skwidd

Oddometer:

I think the AHA fucked with the Duc enough that they may have lost interest in investing big bucks.

Bummer, that was a cool bike to watch develop.
  10. No Degree

No Degree Blah Blah Blah CSM FFs

Oddometer:
    Okay, I haven't been to Una-Effen-Dilla (yeah, I have the bumper sticker) since 1987. I am sure a lot has changed since Hannah put a hurtin' on the rest of the world MX community during the Des Nations (on a 125 no less).

I want to make sure the wife sees a start, up close and personal.
    Is it possible to view that without having the precious VIP tickets I elected not to purchase?
    Been viewing some online videos to try to get a feel for what's there in this century.
    Any reply is appreciated.
  11. triumph406

triumph406 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hannah was 9th in Race 1 and 3rd in race 2, Rick Johnson was 1st in races 2 and 3, and Jeff Ward was 3rd in races 1 and 3. Hannah did OK, but not better than his teammates.
  12. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    the first turn is accessible to anyone. there is only so much fence footage though so getting a good spot will require getting to one of the moto's early enough to beat the mob. once the start is over it's really not much of a spot to be at so it will thin out. keep in mind you are on the outside of the turn and without sounding like a wus it could be a dangerous spot though the chances of a bike getting through/over the femce are slim (but stranger things have happened) and eye protection wouldn't be a bad idea. at least sunglasses. they freaking HAUL ASS around that turn it is an incredible sight you really want to be on the fence with an unobstructed view. Budd Creek turn one has less of a straight coming into it and it's basically a U turn. Southwick is almost less than a 90 degree so again not quite as fast but Unadilla is a bit or a right handed sweeper, probably more than a 90 degree turn into another straight so it really is an unbelieveable display they come fast and they do. not. back. off. :huh

a must see.

then head for sky shot! and the new jump heading back into gravity cavity!

Unadilla in the summer, does not suck...
  13. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    you also want a game plan for your post first turn viewing. the first turn viewing area is bacially a cul de sac. one way in one way out. once you've decided you want to move you need to move quick as you'll have some walking from there to anywhere else on the track. there are other spots in the cul de sac where you can view other parts of the track but nothing up close.
  14. No Degree

Oddometer:
    Man, you're a good Google searcher but had you proceeded to complete your homework like a good boy you might have learned there was more to the "1st Des Nations held in the USA" than your feeble post. The legions of fans that attended the inaugural event would differ in your opinion that Hannah did OK.

Here is an excerpt from Dirt Rider:

"It was a turning point in motocross history.Team USA had won six straight when the event rolled around to Unadilla, New York, in ’87. It was the first time the Motocross des Nations would touch down on U.S. soil, and the AMA put Bob Hannah on a 125 (he hadn’t ridden one for 5 years), Rick Johnson on a 250 and Jeff Ward on a 500. Of all the tracks in America, Unadilla was one of the riskier choices to host the Motocross des Nations. It was a wide-open, natural-terrain track, the type more common to the World GPs, on which the European racers had more experience. And to set favor even further toward the Europeans, it rained for two days prior to the race. It would be a muddy mess.The first moto lined the 125s with the 500s and the gate dropped. Ward had his goggles blown off in the first turn, and Hannah got hit twice by 500s attempting to scream his 125 up a steep hill. Team USA riders seemed to have everything turning against them-but they still had one advantage: Nearly 20,000 spectators, pushing in against the fences, cheered the Americans back into contention. Ward managed to hang with Jobe’s and Kees Van der Ven’s mud- and rock-spitting 500s. And Hannah-in the deep mud, on a hilly track, on an unfamiliar bike, against the best in the world-started picking off riders each lap, many on bikes quadruple the displacement of his. When the checkered flag dropped, Ward finished third in the 500 class, and Hannah had managed an amazing fourth in the 125s. Team USA sat in third overall.In the second of three motos, Johnson walked away from Europe’s best mud riders. Those who were there say he made it look easy. Hannah had a midpack start but charged. He passed all but Johnson and Eric Geboers that day, taking the 125 class victory, and incredibly was the third rider across the finish line.Johnson and Ward went out for the final moto of the day and wrapped up the overall victory for Team USA. A moment in history was made, and the people who were there have no vague memories of it.
  15. No Degree

Oddometer:
    Once again, Night Flyer comes through with the info. Thanks man!
  16. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    If I'm not mistaken it took The Hurricane a few attempts to get up "screw u".

It was truly a heroic feet.

:bow
  17. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I walked into the shop today and found 2 tickets,dealer parking and pit passes sitting on my workbench. Fucking gnarly dood.

[​IMG]
  18. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jared Mees is riding a Harley. He finished 2nd.
  19. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    a word to the wise for Unadilla. post race traffic is bad. early arrival will get you parked closer to the exits. traffic seems to exit much slower southbound than north on Rt 8. if you give it 90 minutes you might save yourself a lot of dead time sitting in the car. if you're bored head for the field on the east side of Rt 8, south of the track where all the amateur racers are encamped and watch all the crazies do burn outs heading south and help egg them on. :rofl I think most pit passes aren't good after the races start. I'd also have to think "sneaking in" is easier post race if possible. once things start to thin out you never know who you'll bump into none of those guys leave right away. podium finishers have to stay for a post race press conference in the media tent. if getting out of there early is paramount leave before the end of the last 250 moto. if you're wandering home in some easterly direction Brooks BBQ in Oneonta is pretty good. But getting a seat on a Saturday night at dinner time in August (tourist season for Cooperstown) doesn't look like it's easy, unless you don't mind waiting. they do have take out and picnic tables. it's somewhat of a landmark.
    http://www.brooksbbq.com/
  20. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]