Raincoat is here!!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by themenz, Mar 13, 2008.

1. WeeBee

WeeBee Proud Deplorable

Oddometer:
    Thanks - I sent you an email through ADVrider asking about the possibility of a sample.
  2. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't think I got that
  3. WeeBee

WeeBee Proud Deplorable

Oddometer:
    Resent to gene at motosolutions dot com
  4. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    I can clear up the question about polarized lenses. Polarizing filters are not a coating- and they're not applied to the outside of the lens. They're a thin, delicate film- similar to a venetian blind. For that reason, they have to be sandwiched between two lenses. There's nothing about a polarized lens that would preclude the use of this product on them- but you might run into an issue with an "AR" or anti-reflective coating. Perhaps you've already encountered that and can give us some feedback on how the product(s) work with lenses that have an AR on them??? Thanks- Looking forward to using these products on my ski goggles with built in Rx lenses. Fog's always a big issue- and getting the powder to roll off the outside of the lens would be great, too.
  5. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Giving this thread a bump.... Anyone out there using or have used any of these products?
  6. ssevy

ssevy retired and riding the backroads

Oddometer:
    I tried the Raincoat on my Shoei RF1000 shield. After trying many different ways to apply, I could never get it to work very well, and when it did work, it was only temporary. I was envisioning something like what Rain X does on my auto glass, but while it worked better than an untreated shield, it just didn't seem to like my particular shield very well. Gene was very nice and offered me free kits, but since I think it is my shield that is the issue, I declined his generous offer. Right now I am using spray beeswax on my visor exterior and also as a polish for my bike. It works like the great Honda cleaner, but lasts much longer.
    At the cost, the Raincoat is definitely worth a try, and if it works on your shield you are golden.
    I have not tried the Fogtech, as the Clarity Defog I have been using works well on my visor. I did try the spray beeswax thinking how convenient it would be to use just one product inside and out, but it doesn't work for antifogging worth a damn. Again, based upon the many positive reviews, I would try the Fogtech if you have not discovered something that works for you. As a company, I think Motosolutions stands behind their products, and Gene seems like he really cares about customer service.
  7. earthroamerxvlt

earthroamerxvlt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife and I have used both the Fogtech and the Raincoat products with great success. There is a distinct difference in the effectiveness and longevity of the bulk products as opposed to the individual packets. The individual packets were very effective for quite awhile and are a different formulation than the bulk spray products. We first tried the Fogtech last year when passing through Red Lodge Montana on the way over the Beartooth Pass. It was 80 degrees and clear in Red Lodge, but we could see weather moving in over the mountains. We pulled the bikes over to suit up and opened a packet of Fogtech and applied to the insides of both our shields. Within 40 minutes of leaving Red Lodge we ran into high winds, rain, sleet, hail, snow, and freezing temperatures. The Fogtech kept our visors clear in very difficult and dangerous conditions. Although unexpected, the one initial treatment kept working for several weeks. I would highly recommend the Fogtech individual packets.

We have recently started started using the Raincoat individual packets so I don't have as much experience with this product but it has worked extremely well on the few occasions we have been caught out in the rain recently. With our limited experience using this product it seems as though an application of this product is going to last considerably longer and work better than other products I have tried.

After trying each of the products on both the bulk spray dispensers and the packets I would highly recommend sticking with the packets, they are definitely more effective and last much, much longer per application.

John
  8. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fogtech beats the hell out of using a pin-lock. Love it and need to order some more.
  9. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered both products and I am happy to say they both are working as advertised.
  10. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting that. What type of helmet? And did you get the Raincoat paste or the spray?
  11. genka

genka Stand with Ukraine

Oddometer:
    Expired again.
  12. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry,

Now valid until the end of 2013!
  13. genka

genka Stand with Ukraine

Oddometer:
    Thanks, ordered a kit.
  14. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have it on my AFX-39 and my Hawk Modular. I bought the packets/paste.
    Both had major fogging issues fixed by the Fogtech. Tried out the Raincoat on my way to work this morning and it pretty much acts like RainX does on a car windshield.
    Edit: Guess I should have looked into the ADV discount, but even without it the cost is minimal for the results.
  15. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, did not realize that the coupon had expired. Send me a PM with your order number. I think I can credit you or at least send you some more product.

And I appreciate the report, especially on the Raincoat. The contact angle with water is 109 degrees which is pretty close to water on a new teflon pan. Smaller drops don't move as fast as the big ones.

Have you tried the Raincoat at night?
  16. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have not had to ride after dark in the rain, thankfully. Not sure I understand the 109 degrees, but the water beads up and rolls away :D
  17. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:

:nod ordered some raincoat and fog tech for myself and a friend a few days ago, would rather support a fellow rider direct on their site then by purchasing through REI or some such place, which is certainly a nice option to have though (especially if you happen to be traveling and run out, it's nice to have the option). Inexpensive shipping and great customer service and advice make up for not having a coupon handy :thumb
  18. nonamehorse

nonamehorse Concrete Jungle

Oddometer:
    Ordered up some rain & fog! Mother nature bring it on!
  19. pista

pista Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a set of both products. I really could have used these last week when I got caught in a light snow mix on my commute home and had no choice but to flip up my visor to see. Sounds like a great product and thanks for the ADVrider discount!
  20. themenz

themenz Long timer

Oddometer:

:thumb