The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    pm sent
  2. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Like I sent in my PM, my plans moved around press and daily accreditations, max 7 days, this was as part of an official registered press organisation that is registered and recognised with the ASO.

THE INFORMATIONS BELOW DO NOT INCLUDE TV
    They include only written press, radios and websites.
    Information about daily accreditation for TV will come later.

The daily accreditation gives access to:

the bivouacs (no meals)
    the competitors area of the bivouac
    the press information tent
    Transports between bivouacs are not provided and organised by the organisation.

Daily accreditation will only give access to the assistance itinerary.
    Daily accreditation is to be picked up at the arrival bivouac.
    Daily accreditation does not include internet fees.
    BE CAREFUL: It is impossible to request more than 7 stages.
  3. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    "If all goes well, finish in the top 25 of the general" is the goal it has set for the next edition of the Spanish Dakar Laia Sanz, the highest ranked woman (39 th) in the motorcycle category in the 2011.

Sanz has landed tonight at the El Prat airport from South American soil with a smile and with his mind set on next season, where he will participate in the toughest race of the year.

"Everybody said that the Dakar hooked and, frankly, is engaging. It is a very tough race, but I do not know if it's the landscapes, the friends you make there or the atmosphere created, but you just delighted" has recognized.

He began this adventure with the sole aim of ending, "but I saw a few days later and I ran to get the best result possible," he explained.

"Much of the credit," as she herself acknowledges, is Jordi Arcarons, an old fox,''''of returning to Dakar to make of''competition''backpacker. "He has touched go back and eat dust, but support has always been important to me soul," he stressed.

Today about thirty people, including relatives and friends were waiting at the airport to embrace, "a surprise" that was not expected. "Especially because during the Dakar I could not talk too much with mine, because there are not running when you are sleeping or resting," he stated.

Laia Sanz has been nine times European champions and ten of the world in the mode of trial, but in Dakar where he discovered its limits.

"It's a physically tough race, the penultimate day besides me a bit dehydrated (his''bag''camel ran out of water) and ran with cramps throughout the body. So when you reach the end of the last stage and I saw my whole team there waiting, I broke with emotion to mourn, "said the Barcelona, the next year wants to relive that feeling

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/laia-sanz-objetivo-2012-25/20110118dasdasmot_2/Tes
  4. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    Thanx Antal!! This year's accreditations are not open yet... :evil
  5. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:

That is my aim in general as well. I do not think being on bikes is a viable option for this kind of mission. We need a big power supply to recharge cameras, phones, recorders, laptops etc, and bike space restrictions make it impossible to take all necessary things. Rotating drivers means more energy for everyone to focus on other things, we're talking about 16 days of driving more than 600km daily (average may be less but still it is a lot of distance to cover on a bike.

I believe three SIM cards with 3G or GPRS pay as you go plans for each respective country would be a nice thing to have as well.

I'll PM you as well.. :clap
  6. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Looks like TeamF5 may be well represented this year :freaky
  7. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    OK, so I'm going to Dakar!! :clap:clap

I will proudly bear the advrider F5 flag in the Atakama!!

I'm looking to rent either a van or a car from BA to Lima, if that's not possible (Peru is the problem?) then up to Arica or Iquique and then cross over and get another rental to Lima.

I want to camp near the bivouac everyday so no sightseeing apart from the race.. (ok if we can squeeze some south American scent into it I'm game but the race is the main course)

Any other inmates interested please PM me so that we can team up. :freaky

ohmygodohmygodohmygod...

I can't believe I will actually TUNE IN to Radio Marray!! :rofl
  8. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    Let's keep in touch.
  9. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    Yeah, let's! :rofl

I'll pm you (again).. Perhaps we should start a new thread?
  10. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    We have boots on the ground!

:thumb
  11. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod :thumb F5 Foot Soldiers!
  12. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    You will surely know more about the race that us (most of the time we'll be on the road oblivious to the hot action), but I bet we will be able to embellish this year's thread with some juicy bits whenever the gods of the internet will bring a wi-fi spot in range... :freaky
  13. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Wow! We are going to get some wicked good coverage this year. :clap

Your efforts are truly appreciated!! :freaky
  14. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yip this could be problematic. If you bring a foreign vehicle into Peru you have three months to get it out again or it will be seized by customs. You can import it, but the rule is you have to do that on arrival, and the duties are 40-70% :eek1 , also older vehicles are not allowed to be imported. its a right PITA, ask me, I imported two bikes a couple of years ago. You find if you rent a vehicle in Peru, you cannot take it out of Peru either, so that option does not work either. :bluduh

I think it may actually be cheaper to buy a vehicle in Europe and send it over with the ASO ship, that way you can still sell it when it eventually gets back. Its the easiest way around the customs peeps in Peru. Trust me when I say these guys must be the worst in South America.
  15. SafariBerg

SafariBerg Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer:
    we have spent 5 months trying to sort out a cost effective assistance vehicle solution for Dakar 2012

the only rent option is to rent in Buenos Aries and have someone drive it back to BA from Lima

no one will rent one way BA to Lima

we have done as suggested above, our truck now comes from Sweden via ASO ship and a 4x4 car direct from Australia, this is has been the cheapest and least fuss options, strange but true :huh
  16. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome! I will be there too, certainly the Lima section and may be chasing the race from Southern Bolivia (where our bikes will be).

Ping me closer to the time you can probably crash with us in Lima.
  17. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    So that Peru thing is going to give us trouble... I was thinking of finding an Argentinean who would be willing to follow along, and have to return with expenses paid out plus some extra for his ordeal, is that really the only option?

How about renting up to Arica and then rent another vehicle in Peru? The bad thing about this is that we will have very little time to make it right. Could you see if pickup at the border on the Peruvian side is an option? Arica is 17km from the border...

There is no way I'm shipping anything over there, no dinero for starters.. :deal

Will do BlueBull, I'll let you know my exact route (actually ASO will let us know) and we must hook up.! :clap:clap
  18. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tserts, you should be able to rent a vehicle from Tacna, which is just this side of the border with Chile (otherside of Arica really) You could probably taxi the gap. So look at hiring to Arica and then from Tacna - That could work...

Otherwise if your Espanol is okay you could probably find a guy with a car and pay him S/.100/day maybe 200 including food and accommodation for the bloke (his problem) and he would drive you. Basically it would involve convincing some nutcase a taxi that sort of "looks" like it can maybe do the distance and off you go... :deal Could be quite fun. Alternatively hitch up on the fly with some other dakar supporters- there are bound to be thousands, these guys are totally bonkers about Dakar in Peru as well.
  19. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:

Mi espanol es bastante bien so I'm not worried about being stranded or not being able to deal with the locals, on the fly transport is much more dangerous in the sense that (in order of importance) a) I might get mugged/raped/murdered b) I might get left behind (this circus moves really fast) c) I might be carrying more than I can carry on foot so I will be less flexible. Hitching up at the last minute is very risky in that I might be unable to do that and there is in plan B.
  20. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's official now:

[​IMG]