Need some HELP at Honduras? let me know..

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by mountainduro, Jan 25, 2013.

1. mountainduro

mountainduro hardened rider

Oddometer:
    Hi for those ADV Riders that need some help in Honduras, I will try to help I live at north coast La Ceiba,Atlantida.
    Tips,routes or places you should visit or not,whatever just let me know.
    damasovi likes this.
  2. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    very cool offer amigo!!!

Saludos desde Ensenada, BAJA, MExico!!

Damasovi
  3. mountainduro

Oddometer:
    It'll be waiting for my chance to help, I could be useful,cheers .

Estare esperandolos saludos.
  4. richsuz

richsuz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

why not give us all a general blurp about traveling on bikes through Honduras. Some say, only the Caribean coast is worth visiting. A lot have complaint about the general road conditions. Specially in the south. Places to see that most travelers miss on. Borders to avoid. departamentos that have the most variety of places to visit? Hotel availability/prices?

My last experience going from El Salvador to Nicaragua was a nightmare. The roads were in such bad shape, I bent BOTH rims. Some riders have comented that is better (if in El Salvador) to cut into Guatemala to go to Copan, because the roads from El Poy to Copan are difficult to navigate, too much like a maze and in bad shape.

Thanks for the info. I live in Guatemala and meet a lot of riders asking for advise about going to Honduras or skipping it.
  5. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Buenos tardes amigos, we would certainly appreciate the information as well as we are currently in Palenque heading to Merida, then over to Guatemala to Xela for about three weeks to learn some more Spanish then heading south.

We too have heard horror stories of bad Police and huge potholes and with the vision of just head down bum up to get through there, some guidance would be saweet.

If we can meet up to chew the fat and talk travel and motorcycles etc we are in for that.

Gracias Andi & Ellen
  6. mountainduro

Oddometer:
    Well for now the roads are in very good shape,at least at the north and central of the country,there very good places at the Caribbean and Copan,if you love nature the north itss very cool.
  7. gsstampeder

gsstampeder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looking to head to Roatan this year....was hoping for last year, but shit happens (ed), will definitely keep you in mind when the time comes. We have a friend that rents 250's over on Roatan and I have been trying to gather some info on the logistics of taking the bikes across and hitting some coastal routes.
    Thanks for posting....:clap
    mountainduro likes this.
  8. karmatourer

karmatourer STD free

Oddometer:
    I guess the roads around Copan have worsened since I lived there in 2006.Sad to hear that.
    mountainduro likes this.
  9. mountainduro

Oddometer:
    Ill be here Im at the coast.
  10. mountainduro

Oddometer:
    Hi buddies my offer its still active, come and visit Honduras.
  11. Chiriqui Charlie

Chiriqui Charlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This summer I want to ride from Panama to Guatamala, on my XT250. I hope to have three or four weeks. I haven't made up my mind between flying through Honduras or spending some time there. How much time would be reasonable for seeing most of the highlights? Can you recommend an itinerary?
    WhicheverAnyWayCan likes this.
  12. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    Last year I spent under 3 hours in Honduras. This year I'd like to skip El Salvador and spend more time crossing Honduras instead. Any avoidances or must-sees would be nice.

Thanks for the offer.
  13. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    So here I am searching the archives so as to not pester the hell out of too many people and what do I find....

@Reaver chatting up @mountainduro who was hast seen in 2016.................. dang....

Well if anyone has tips I'm all ears.