Amsterdam / NL riders sign in here

Discussion in 'Europe' started by yayabiko, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Wolsly

Wolsly Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. Two Plugs

Two Plugs Born to be blunt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi there,

Welcome here. Just subscribed to your travel topic above! :clap
  3. Wolsly

Wolsly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As time is the quickest of all travelers the last few mounts have flown by like crazy and as my departure is getting closer the nerve’s are starting to set in……
    Then again reading some of the RR's here calms me down and only make me wish it was September.
    Wolsly
  4. MacReal

MacReal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Signing in from "Zoetermeer". Riding a V-strom 650, Black Rhino edition.
    My girl is currently taking lessons, hoping to ride her KLE (wich is already waiting for her) very soon herself.

me
    [​IMG]

And my bike
    [​IMG]
  5. NC Rick

NC Rick Cogent Dynamics Inc

Oddometer:
    Hello folks,

I will be visiting the Netherlands starting august 8th. I will not be on a bike but I am interested in checking out a little of the local motorcycle community.

Starting out in amsterdam and then near Rotterdam later in the week.

Any ideas would be very welcome:ear
  6. MacReal

MacReal Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    Thats rather dissapointing... From what I would love to see 'naked'... :lol3
  8. MacReal

MacReal Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. NC Rick

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input! My daughter and I will be in the Netherlands starting the 10th for two weeks. Looks like most of the Netherlanders will be in the south of France or somewhere like that.:D

As much as I like woman in bikinis, that is not quite the idea I had for bike culture. Here in Asheville we have smaller groups of riders who meet for breakfast on Sunday or like last night, 40 or 50 bikes who randomly come town outdoor pub/ micro brewery to share a beer and look at bikes and just chat. We had a mix of dual sport, adventure, sport, vintage, cafe and even Harley cruiser bikes.

It may not be possible but seeing something that was a Dutch equivalent would be fun.
  10. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, here in The Lowlands things like 'breakfast runs' are rare. In f.e. Germany or the UK these 'meetings' are more common. There are some spots where bikers meet on a Sunday, f.e. near the TT racetrack in Assen (Drenthe Province), or f.e. in the Nature Reserve 'Postbank' near Arnhem because its the only place where we have hairpins - or sort of... :lol3

Don't know though if these are still 'valid' meeting places. Perhaps other Dutchies could fill you in on other places...

Normally, bikers do meet on Saturday afternoon at the larger motorcycle stores like f.e. Motoport etc. I think there are several in the Amsterdam/Rotterdam area.
    F.e. http://www.motorcity-amsterdam.nl/ ; they are even open on Sundays during summer.

There are some (good) motorcycle campsites though.
  11. Old_Lion

Old_Lion Crotchety Biker

Oddometer:
    Born in Friesland - 1934
    Grew up in Den Haag.
    In US since 1961.
    Riding DR650 (2007)

[​IMG]

"Geef mij maar Nasi Goreng"

George
  12. NC Rick

Oddometer:
    TwoPlugs, thank you so much for the input! I really appreciate the insight. I may check out the dealership but that doesn't sound too interesting. I can't read Dutch very much at all but I can understand the spoken language a fair amount. I do plan to get up towards Assen and hope to spend a few days in Friesland. I see that you are from Groningen, where some of my family was from. I am leaving my plans open since we have places to stay in Amsterdam and outside Dorterecht. With august being high tourist season I am not sure how easy it will be to find bed and breakfast places around the lake area.
  13. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    I'm from Groningen Province, 25 km east of the Capital City.

It will be crowded there during Tourist High season (and if available, expensive), thats for sure. Do you have an 'fixed' date visting Assen? From our place its only a 20 minutes ride. Would be nice to meet up. You are welcome here for a coffee or so. We also own a selfcatering appartement. Not sure if it is available during your stay.

PM me for details.

I will be out from August 15th, returning August 21th for a short motorcycle holiday in Wales (UK), and from August 28th till September 2th for a motorcycle tour in the German Eifel region.

For visiting a dealer... No worries. The average Dutchie is able to speak English very well. And... At most dealers, Coffee = for free... :wink: Don't blame me for being Dutch... cause I am... :D
  14. The Dutch Rooster

The Dutch Rooster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hello all out there,

Do not know why I have not done this earlier but better let as net as they say here in Friesland. Riding an orange :evil KTM Adventure 990 after a decade of satisfying adventures on an Africa Twin. In 2011 I decided it was time to change and upgrade...:wink:
    Anyway you can read my limited bio and ADV-riders are always welcome; gladly will show you around my 'territory' and can put you up. My coordinates are 'Oosterwolde (FR)' which lies between Drachten en Assen. Send me an e-mail if you are around.

Cheers!

Arjen
    'orange up, black down'
    [​IMG]
  15. MacReal

MacReal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice bike Arjen! I'll try to keep it in mind when I plan my trip around the Ijsselmeer. Maybe I can stop by for some coffee/tea :1drink
  16. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    Moi Arjan,

Its a small world after all... :wink:

Have fun on the Keemer!
  17. NC Rick

Oddometer:
    I am leaving in less than a week. I am also looking into the possibility of renting a bike. I have places to stay (with family) in Amsterdam and near Dorterecht. There is a motorcycle event at Assen as well as the italdays that I am interested in. It would be awesome to meet you!

More work to be done...
  18. Erik RS

Erik RS Three Wheel Maniac

Oddometer:
    Hi Rick,

If it's a beer and "talking gas" that triggers you, you can drop by at my workshop (preferably around 5 a.m. or on saturday :beer) when you're bored. I'm at 15 kms from Amsterdam. At the right day you might meet more bikers and at the wrong day just me :D . My mail address is in my profile.
  19. Reprobate

Reprobate Sarcasm Loading....

Oddometer:
    Hi Rick,

I have an open invitation to ADVriders coming to Amsterdam to hook up - if I can I show you around, or give you points of interest on the map. My email is in my profile if you want to look me up in Amsterdam.

Martyn
  20. Two Plugs

Oddometer:
    Which event are you revering too? On which date? Perhaps we can meet up for a coffee.
    In the north, rental bikes can be provided by www.muldersmotoren.nl in Veendam, 20 minutes from the TT racetrack and 2 minutes from our house... ;)

PM me for details.