Phoenix to Lake Havasu - Big Bike Bomb Run April 2013

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Yardstick, Apr 3, 2013.

1. OldtimerTC

OldtimerTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Allen, yes the Rear shock is also way to Stiff. I was able to ride it OK, I just couldnt walk ( or work) on Monday as a result. Concerened what 2 days would do to me....maybe if Road Hog was along with his Pharmacy of goodies I could survive ? :evil
  2. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know what stock springs on a 2005 640 are rated at, or if they are interchangable with your bike, but you are welcome to them if they are needed. They are just sitting on the work bench in my garage.

S.C.
  3. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    I was thinking of riding up Saturday afternoon and meeting the group but I would be leaving late. Maybe Sunday morning would be easier and I am close to Wickenberg. Will let you know as I am not 100% yet. Cheers
  4. OldtimerTC

OldtimerTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks SC, awaiting an answer from the Suspension guy.
  5. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

S.C.
  6. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    WOW!

Thanks Scott, we are now BFF's....:freaky

BTW, I stopped at Ike's place for breakfast last Saturday on my way to pick up the new 690, and Man, those sourdough pancakes are the Best ever!! Of course the Bacon was yummy too!!

I am officially out for this ride. The 690 will be undergoeing a major boinger overhaul by none other than Allen Stillwell! Then it's off to ZEN Moto for some more surgery.

Have fun and be safe everyone!
  7. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    What happened to your 950?!
  8. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    He traded it to me for a can of bacon. :D

S.C.
  9. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    man, i would have given him 2 for it! :rofl
  10. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Early bird, and all that rot, you know. :D

And is this where someone else chimes in and says "I don't even own a can of bacon"?

S.C.
  11. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    How about this: I wasn't even aware they made canned bacon!
  12. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Allen.

How many are going on this trip now?
    Wondering with all these guys with new bikes to get ready and others not being able to make because of schedule conflicts etc. that you might want to postpone this one to accommodate a larger group with some of the main people that like to ride this ride.
    Just a thought.

Mil
  13. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody like waffles :huh I have a new TKC coming on the brown truck today...and in a perfect world new chain & sprockets tomorrow...then I just have to do something about my front brake that decided to turn to mush the other day :bluduh ....despite the fact that even EST doesn't seem to help me get up any earlier then 7:00am...I'm now a 50/50....so there I said it :lol3
  14. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    The numbers are not strong, are they? :lol3 You and I were the only ones left on the "In" list. We had a couple of "Tentative Ins" too. I probably shouldn't do it. I have been doing PT for a (potential) SLAP tear in my shoulder and tendonitis in my elbow and the therapist could feel tightness and puffiness in my arm from the ride to Young I did this weekend.

I'm going to keep it scheduled anyway because I might not be able to do this ride again until after the summer. The next few weeks are pretty well booked up for me and then it's going to get a little toasty for this low desert ride. I need to get Joy out on the 990 too. I think she gets as much stress relief out of riding as I do! :lol3

If anybody wants to cancel, it's not going to hurt my feelings. Joy and I are okay even doing this one solo.
  15. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll still meet you for breakfast Sunday. It's the only day I can ride, and the Busa is needing to stretch its legs.

S.C.
  16. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    I was thinking you were dirt riding so me going with you Sunday won't work....:cry

No worries. I will let you know Allen if I am going to ride over and meet you guys. Probably just ride local and let you and the little wife enjoy your time.:evil
  17. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't have a lot of time to burn Sunday, so I'm up at the crack of "What The Fuck Thirty" and on the road to Havasu.......Assuming a breakfast place or meeting time is ever announced. :ear

S.C.
  18. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think it has worked out for you and Joy to have a couples weekend. Third wheel (or 4) does not need to but in on that. I'd like to still do this run when everyone else does it. It appears I will be here in May now after all as my wife has canceled our plans to go to Nebraska. I'm open for any other ideas that I can be a chase/sag vehicle if anyone wants to plan it that way. Maybe I'll check out Nightstalkers State Park run this weekend. Sounds like it's going to be an easy jaunt through Seven Springs and Bloody basin that I can tag along in the truck.
    Uncle Mil T
  19. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at a couple of places. If anybody knows about Shugrue's Restaurant or The Red Onion, those both sound decent for breakfast. Mario's Italian Restaurant was excellent for dinner when we did this a couple years ago.

We didn't mean to chase anyone off. :lol3
  20. Mil T

Mil T Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We didn't mean to chase anyone off. :lol3[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha. You didn't.